Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Sure he even has the gall to suggest they do it in Rome. Just cause they won't pay the fat cnut his inflated signing on fees for his clients who he constantly flogs around like a pimp.

fdf2jd.jpg

A bit cheesy but said i`d post it here rather than the kit thread. Do you spot the Milan legend in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Franco Baresi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Weah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Is it my eyes or are the red stripes thicker than the black ones? They're not bad but are probably the worst Milan shirts in a few years, they normally get very nice ones.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Franco Baresi?

Looks like him to the left of Mario's head.

Nice to see Cristante in there, massive focus on youth in the pic, symbolic of the "New Milan", lots of young homegrown players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

The red stripes do look thicker! Last years jersey was nicer imo. The away jersey looks good but would look nicer without the red triangular collar stripe.

No Boateng in the photo which doesn't mean much either really

Great to see the kid looking up to El Shaarawy!

Yourman beside Nocerino looks like Javier Mascherano, haha.

Apparently Ljajic who we were in for has had a change of heart and wants to sign a new contract with La Viola.
    I wonder why?
    ......oh yeah now I know.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Apparently Ljajic who we were in for has had a change of heart and wants to sign a new contract with La Viola.
    I wonder why?
    ......oh yeah now I know.

Been away for a week.. Even with Robinho out, I don't think he was a necessity. Honda in the summer and a Central Defender should be the priorities as well as getting rid of some of the deadwood such as 'Binho, Nocerino and Traore

• Advertisement

Media linking Boateng with Galatasaray.
    If he goes then we are meant to be going for Ljajic and if Honda arrives do we then have more forwards than midfielders?

Media linking Boateng with Galatasaray.
    If he goes then we are meant to be going for Ljajic and Honda arrive do we then have more forwards than midfielders?

Don't want Ljajic... El Shaarawy and Niang need all the game time they can get, and with Balotelli, Pazzini and Honda and Saponara we'll be sorted for the front 3 positions, even after Robinho leaves

Milan have pretty much signed Poli too, he's been training with them since last monday when preseason started.

So midfield is actually ok.

Honda can play in a midfield 3 as well and De Jong is back and Cristante will probably get game time there.

Seaneh wrote: »
    So midfield is actually ok.

I dunno we got Poli, Monty, De Jong, Cristante then its a bit of a box of broken toys with Nocerino (who was awful last year after a great 1st season), Muntari and Emanuelson. I think we could improve on that. I'm worried Niang won't get game time too.

Robinho signs on an there's talk of Eriksen at €16m

Can see him signing if Boateng goes but I'm happy enough with either.

Central defence remains a problem and that's even when we have our first choice pair of Mexes and Zapata. I cringe at the thought of a game where one/both of these were missing.

Robinho signs on an there's talk of Eriksen at €16m
    Can see him signing if Boateng goes but I'm happy enough with either.

Central defence remains a problem and that's even when we have our first choice pair of Mexes and Zapata. I cringe at the thought of a game where one/both of these were missing.

I can`t see this happening I mean I want it(if we insist on playing the dated 4-3-1-2 we need a proper no.10 sorry Boa). I doubt many want Prince either :(
    We have Bonera though.............
    Ugh no wonder Max always looks like this
    1311494366_allegri.jpg

I can`t see this happening I mean I want it(if we insist on playing the dated 4-3-1-2 we need a proper no.10 sorry Boa). I doubt many want Prince either :(
    We have Bonera though.............
    Ugh no wonder Max always looks like this

He is available though and it would be a very reasonable price to get him at. Would prefer him over Boa at this stage due to Prince being consistently injured throughout the year

Can't understand this thing of picking the 4-3-1-2 formation so early in the market, surely it would be better to have our squad and then sort out the best formation to suit the players we have?

http://football-italia.net/36564/juventus-made-€65m-cl
    We made €51.5m from the Champions League last year. Shhh don't tell any of the clubs we're dealing with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

2-0 win over Valencia in the Guinness Cup (never heard of it before, but it has a nice ring to it :P)

Robinho and De Jong with the goals, De Jong's is a peach too.

Robinho: It'll be my year at Milan

It'd fúckin need to be his year...

Robinho: I should be out on my ear more like, the cúnt. :mad:

Delighted to see Nidge get that goal.
    According to Sky Italia we are considering 50% of Niang for the other 50 of Poli, why i`d like to know the main reason being Poli has 1 year left on his Samp deal.

• Advertisement

http://football-italia.net/36904/milan-ask-inter-silvestre
    Linked with the hapless Silvestre now, he was more or less Inter's Acerbi last year wasn't he.

1st round (20th round): Verona v Milan.
    2nd round (21st round): Milan v Cagliari.
    3rd round (22nd round): Torino v Milan.
    4th round (23rd round): Milan v Napoli.
    5th round (24th round): Bologna v Milan.
    6th round (25th round): Milan v Sampdoria.
    7th round (26th round): Juventus v Milan.
    8th round (27th round): Milan v Udinese.
    9th round (28th round): Parma v Milan.
    10th round (29th round): Milan v Lazio.
    11th round (30th round): Milan v Fiorentina.
    12th round (31st round): Chievo v Milan.
    13th round (32nd round): Milan v Genoa.
    14th round (33rd round): Catania v Milan.
    15th round (34th round): Livorno v Milan.
    16th round (35th round): Milan v Roma.
    17th round (36th round): Inter v Milan.
    18th round (37th round): Milan v Atalanta.
    19th round (38th round): Sassuolo v Milan.

http://football-italia.net/36904/milan-ask-inter-silvestre
    Linked with the hapless Silvestre now, he was more or less Inter's Acerbi last year wasn't he.

That deal is now dead thankfully.

If we sign another average defender I might lose it. Poor Mercato so far an anything less than a centre half who is capable of being the number 1/2 starter isn't acceptable.

Looking for backup for Zapata and Mexes is a joke, they should be the backups.

Vergara may get a chance but I doubt he is an improvement at this stage of his career.

1st round (20th round): Verona v Milan.
    2nd round (21st round): Milan v Cagliari.
    3rd round (22nd round): Torino v Milan.
    4th round (23rd round): Milan v Napoli.
    5th round (24th round): Bologna v Milan.
    6th round (25th round): Milan v Sampdoria.
    7th round (26th round): Juventus v Milan.
    8th round (27th round): Milan v Udinese.
    9th round (28th round): Parma v Milan.
    10th round (29th round): Milan v Lazio.
    11th round (30th round): Milan v Fiorentina.
    12th round (31st round): Chievo v Milan.
    13th round (32nd round): Milan v Genoa.
    14th round (33rd round): Catania v Milan.
    15th round (34th round): Livorno v Milan.
    16th round (35th round): Milan v Roma.
    17th round (36th round): Inter v Milan.

18th round (37th round): Milan v Atalanta.
    19th round (38th round): Sassuolo v Milan.

The big 6.

Unreal to think there'll be 12 games as hard as those this year, and that's without including the likes of Udinese, Genoa, Catania, Torino etc. who are serious pitfalls away from home.

And people say that the Serie A is a weak league :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Haven't really seen a lot of him, but could this be one of those cross-city transfers that are purely there to balance books?

carlop wrote: »
    Haven't really seen a lot of him, but could this be one of those cross-city transfers that are purely there to balance books?

They clearly don`t want him and we don`t want to spend a red cent. A mutual understanding is it? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

They clearly don`t want him and we don`t want to spend a red cent. A mutual understanding is it? :confused:

I can't remember who the players involved were but there was a case a few years ago where Milan bought some fairly unknown youngster for a vastly inflated price because Inter needed to balance their books for tax purposes. I think the favour was then returned later on. I'm sure somebody will remember it in better detail.

I can't remember who the players involved were but there was a case a few years ago where Milan bought some fairly unknown youngster for a vastly inflated price because Inter needed to balance their books for tax purposes. I think the favour was then returned later on. I'm sure somebody will remember it in better detail.

fosati I think, Milan paid something like 6m for him.

• Advertisement

Poor Mercato so far

It has, going from starters like Silva & Nesta to Zapata & Mexes is some drop to make in a matter of months. We only signed Silvestre cause he was cheap his dubious ability is practically secondary tbph. Still being linked with Ljajic & Honda, I don't see why we don't tell them to wait 6-12 months & get them for nothing(we only need 1 of them too to make matters worse). Hate the thought of Niang possibly leaving while we keep Robinho to balloon up in weight again no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

It's called plusvalenza.
    http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gazzetta.it%2FCalcio%2FPrimo_Piano%2F2007%2F01_Gennaio%2F20%2Fplusvalenze.shtml
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004%E2%80%9310_Italian_football_scandal

Look at the careers of these players. They all spent years on loan from one of the Milan clubs, then were sold on to the other Milan club for inflated fees only to be loaned out for years again. Most of them never make an appearance at a higher level than Serie C.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandro_Livi
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvatore_Ferraro
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuseppe_Ticli
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Varaldi
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronny_Diuk_Toma
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matteo_Deinite
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Ezio_Fossati
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attila_Filkor
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristian_Daminu%C5%A3%C4%83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Not exactly going to challenge for a title with Silvestre in your defence.

Very ,very underwhelming piece of business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Milan v City is on ESPN at 5

Watching the Sao Paulo game and by christ does Vergara look crap.

Watching the Sao Paulo game and by christ does Vergara look crap.

Agreed. Just turned 19 though and he has a lot of raw potential

• Advertisement

Very nice finish from K. Boateng

Petagna has impressed over the two games as well.

Petagna has impressed over the two games as well.

Yeah I like the look of Cristante for 18 he is very composed.
    Have to say I am scratching my head that we are not getting a proper centre half in.

Yeah I like the look of Cristante for 18 he is very composed.
    Have to say I am scratching my head that we are not getting a proper centre half in.

Yeah he looks more than capable of making the step up.

Same here. I don't want to judge Vergara on the few games i've seen him play but he is not up to it at the minute. He could become very good but just isn't ready.

Don't like the talk of Niang leaving either although a loan could be very beneficial.

Yeah I liked Cristante too, looks like a future star there.

Loan out Niang til January to another Serie A club imo, get him some game time, will help him.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Yeah I liked Cristante too, looks like a future star there.

Loan out Niang til January to another Serie A club imo, get him some game time, will help him.

Yeah i'd loan out Niang maybe for the year. Doesn't look like Honda is coming as CSKA seem to be dragging their feet about him leaving.
    Nothing to do with us but it offends me that Guardiola puts Lahm in the midfield, if it was Alaba i'd understand as he plays their with Austria.

Yeah i'd loan out Niang maybe for the year. Doesn't look like Honda is coming as CSKA seem to be dragging their feet about him leaving.
    Nothing to do with us but it offends me that Guardiola puts Lahm in the midfield, if it was Alaba i'd understand as he plays their with Austria.

That and Martinez at CB is just silliness and is pointless tinkering with a winning formula

That and Martinez at CB is just silliness and is pointless tinkering with a winning formula

Martinez looked fairly poor at CB tonite. Does Pep want them to be as poor back there as his Barca team were.
    Talk of Petagna getting our no.9, not a big fan of that. He'll get damn all game time next year aswell.

He played there for Bilbao to great success.

I do think he's wasted there all the same. Dante has more then enough physical presence back there.

Martinez looked fairly poor at CB tonite. Does Pep want them to be as poor back there as his Barca team were.
    Talk of Petagna getting our no.9, not a big fan of that. He'll get damn all game time next year aswell.

Would be a lot of pressure on a player who just turned 18 and has never played a competitive game for the first team.

That said, he looks a good player.

We've made an €8m plus bonuses bid for Adem Ljajic according to La Gazzetta dello Sport‘s Carlo Laudisa.

His contract is expiring but they still want €10-12m.

Good player who would add quality but in the wrong area.

Where is the sense in strengthening our strongest department, ie - Attack , while our central defence is touching on shambolic.

Our starting 2 of Mexes and Zapata are incredibly underwhelming and when they miss games, which they undoubtedly will, it gets even worse.

The mind boggles. Take this €8m+ offer and throw it at PSG for Sakho

I think Mexes gets a lot of undeserved stick on here.

He's a very, very good centre back and was one of our best player last year.

If we signed another quality CB to play beside him and then have Zapata, Silvestre, Zacardo and Bonera as back up we are grand.

And with De Sciglio on the left and Abate on the right we'd have a very good defence.

The mind boggles. Take this €8m+ offer and throw it at PSG for Sakho

I don't think that would be good business to be honest, he's no better than what is currently there.

Astori would be a better, cheaper signing.

I think Mexes gets a lot of undeserved stick on here.

He's a very, very good centre back and was one of our best player last year.

If we signed another quality CB to play beside him and then have Zapata, Silvestre, Zacardo and Bonera as back up we are grand.

And with De Sciglio on the left and Abate on the right we'd have a very good defence.

I think you've too high of an opinion of him tbh. He's good enough to start but he is definitely not a very, very good CB. Him and Zapata is a decent defence but they are quite error prone as a partnership.

Mexes can be great sometimes but at the same time he is a n accident waiting to happen. Too many silly fouls, too many cards, caught out of position too often.

A quality CB is exactly what we need but they're hard to come by for us as we don't seem to want one!

We're fine in full back, 2 very good young FB's in Abate and De Sciglio.

I don't think that would be good business to be honest, he's no better than what is currently there.

Astori would be a better, cheaper signing.

Always thought Sakho could go on to be very good. Still young with potential but I suppose it'd be hard to predict how he'd settle in Serie A.

I doubt Astori would be cheaper than him as they don't want to sell whereas Sakho is surplus to requirements at PSG.

A CB should be the priority anyway, not another forward!

• Advertisement
Advertisement