Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Apparently Petagna is furious as it's a real "f**k you" to him and he posted something anti-Matri on his twitter before deleting it soon after?

Can`t blame him its an appalling move on at least 5 different levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

I don't dislike Matri as much as some on here. The money being paid is ridiculous though, he's not worth that.

If we badly needed a striker for backup I wouldn't be too annoyed but the fact that we are already overcrowded up front, in dire need of some quality acquisitions at CB and have no money to spend - €10m+ on Matri is a disgraceful move.
    GTR63 wrote: »
    Can`t blame him its an appalling move on at least 5 different levels.

Talk about disrupting squad harmony with a silly signing.

I'm almost certain that Allegri was told to say he wanted a striker to make it look like it was down to him. He came out a few weeks ago and said he didn't need any more bodies up front so why would he change that now. Berlusconi tinkering again me thinks. Clueless when it comes to football

Drawn with Barcelona again... Nightmare

Barcelona, Milan, Ajax, Celtic

Nothing that the addition of Alessandro Matri won't solve

Milan fans fear him more than anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

It should be a good battle between yourselves, Ajax and Barca for second spot! :D

It should be a good battle between yourselves, Ajax and Barca for second spot! :D

Haha at least there'll be plenty of coverage of the game now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Haha at least there'll be plenty of coverage of the game now :D

Worked out well for both of us in that regard :) Ye seem to be a magnet for Barcelona!

Worked out well for both of us in that regard :) Ye seem to be a magnet for Barcelona!

Haha yeah! Will be 8 games in 3 years provided we don't meet them again later in the competition. Sick of playing them at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Barca's not such a bad draw. There have been some classics in the last few years between them.

Last year's QF first leg was a fantastic performance which showed the world that Milan can challenge the best in the world. If Niang had scored that 1-on-1 in the Nou Camp who knows what might've happened. Then there was Pato's incredible goal after 22 seconds and Thiago Silva's last minute equaliser in the game about 2 or 3 years ago.

I think they have a decent chance in this group. Celtic are difficult to beat at home and Milan would do well to get a point there. Celtic's poor away record should mean they're there for the taking though.

Don't know what to make of Ajax. But Barca... I hope AC fúcking demolish them

• Advertisement

Barca's not such a bad draw. There have been some classics in the last few years between them.

Last year's QF first leg was a fantastic performance which showed the world that Milan can challenge the best in the world. If Niang had scored that 1-on-1 in the Nou Camp who knows what might've happened. Then there was Pato's incredible goal after 22 seconds and Thiago Silva's last minute equaliser in the game about 2 or 3 years ago.

I think they have a decent chance in this group. Celtic are difficult to beat at home and Milan would do well to get a point there. Celtic's poor away record should mean they're there for the taking though.

Don't know what to make of Ajax. But Barca... I hope AC fúcking demolish them

I'd hope for at least:

1/2 points from Barca
    4/6 points Ajax
    4/6 points from Celtic

If we take 4 points from Ajax and Celtic and manage to avoid defeat to Barca at least once we should get through.

I'd take 2nd place now although I do think we should be strong at home and pick up 6/7 points at the San Siro

http://www.football-italia.net/38936/official-matri-joins-milan

Fúcking disgraceful. €11m & all.
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Milan-Celtic (September 18th)
    Ajax-Milan (October 1st)
    Milan-Barcelona (October 22nd)
    Barcelona-Milan (November 6th)
    Celtic-Milan (November 26th)
    Milan-Ajax (December 11th)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

€11million for a ****e 29 year old we let go a few years ago for 1/4 that price.

****ing horrendous piece of business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Who at Milan actually sanctions that deal and think it's good business? Galliani who is notorious for playing hardball when it comes to transfers, it's all very strange.

Hopefully the backlash is aimed at the right people and not Matri, yeah i'm not happy he's there but it's not his fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Bild are reporting that Boateng is having a medical at Schalke.

It only gets worse.

:'(

Boateng showed his best form for Milan (and his best form in his career, period) in the season we won the league playing centre midfield. His pace, strength and stamina were insane, he never stopped running and was very good at regaining possession and breaking up play and then launching a new attack. That season the media nicknamed his "la locomotiva" because he was impossible to stop once he started running. I really hoped he'd be dropped back into the midfield beside De Jong and Monti to inject a bit of pace and skill back there and help with the transitional phase of our breaks forward. Instead we have a season of watching Sully Muntari run around like mental and win the ball back only to lose it instantly.

Have we got many players now with actual pace bar our wing backs & "wingers" like El Shaarawy and Niang I can`t think of any. Balo is quick but like Zlatan he doesn`t really move that much when he doesn`t have to.
    Can see us replacing Boateng with Kaka` who I honestly don`t want back

Disappointing bit of business to buy Matri but I guess it's been planned for a while now.

Allegri will get the blame for this as it's been reported that eh requested another striker and asked for Matri personally. I find this hard to belive as he came out not too long ago and said he had more than enough cover up front even if Robinho left so I sincerely doubt he's changed his mind on that. There's something fishy going on.

Why would we increase his wages as well? If Juventus wanted him gone then surely €8m + €2m wages on a 3 year deal would have been more than sufficient? It's a strange one.

Boateng out seemed likely for a while now. €12m is reasonable but I feel he was worth €15m-€18m. Kaká is now expected to return but for how long I wonder. Nocerino and Antonini are expected to leave as well. All of this squad turnover is bad for team morale.

Once again we're replacing quantity with quantity. Silvestre and Matri never should have joined. Why buy Kaká and Matri if they're only here on the short term? Traoré should never have been scouted in the first place, let alone purchased. Get it the f**k together Galliani

Reading online we made a €20m bid for Yarmolenko, according to his agent, but our attention is moving to Kaká after the bid was rejected. Not a fact by any stretch of the imagination but would be interesting to see if anything came off it.

• Advertisement

The one upside about this whole thing is Ms.Matri :cool:

BKBItX9CYAE1svj.jpg

Could you imagine a forward line of Robinho, Kaka & Matri.
    tumblr_mear1hPE5Q1qdmw36o1_500.gif

Talk of sending out Petagna, Niang and Cristante all on Loan too. :confused:

There were a few months when I genuinely considered Boateng to be one of the best on-form players in the world. He could do no wrong.

684532-kevin-prince-boateng.jpg

The match against Lecce is one of my favourite games of all time. I don't know what else I can say about Boateng. He wasn't the greatest recently and selling him isn't the worst. But I'll not forget him anytime soon

He was a hero at times.

Out of interest, does anybody know what the best way to go about getting tickets for a game is? Was hoping to get tickets for the away game against Celtic but the only price I can see online is €300 :eek:

Maybe you need to be a season ticket holder to get them or something but was just wondering if there's a chance I'd be able to pick one up at a reasonable price?

CSKA told us to f**k off once again with the latest Keisuke Honda bid. Read on twitter at the usually reliable @Milanello that we've apparently agreed the length of Kaka's contract (2 yrs) but are way off in wages he wants €7.5m per year but we'll only go to between €2.5-3m.

Right, so remember how we swapped Traoré for Birsa a few weeks ago?

Well, we didn't, we are still stuck with Traoré, instead we have swapped Antonini for Birsa and instead of Birsa going out on loan, he is in the squad for tomorrow.

Jesus ****ing wept.

Jaysus. Proper shambles.

Bit of an embarrassment at this stage

We've a 30 man squad that needs to trim some deadwood without adding more.

Our priority should be getting rid of 1. A goalkeeper (we don't need 4) 2. Traore, Birsa, Emanuelson and Nocerino and 3. Loaning out the young players who will never get a game - ie. Petagna and possibly Cristante depending on who we sign.

Niang could also be loaned out if he isn't going to be played, the same goes for Saponara.

Allegri will know whether or not they will get a fair amount of game time but when they have to compete with Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Matri, Pazzini, Robinho and now possibly Kaká for 3 places, they'd be better off out on loan.

Cristante will probably be 5th choice in a 3 man midfield if Nocerino leaves so I'd imagine he'll stay.

Out of the 30 man squad we have, 5 must go if we're bringing in 1 or 2. A 27 man squad should be the max

Seaneh wrote: »
    Right, so remember how we swapped Traoré for Birsa a few weeks ago?

Well, we didn't, we are still stuck with Traoré, instead we have swapped Antonini for Birsa and instead of Birsa going out on loan, he is in the squad for tomorrow.

Jesus ****ing wept.

There is talk of Petagna is going on loan to Samp with an option to buy 50% of his deal for €4m next summer & that we may swap 50% of Niang for Kucka. If both happen its an even worse Mercato than last summer.
    :(

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    There is talk of Petagna is going on loan to Samp with an option to buy 50% of his deal for €4m next summer & that we may swap 50% of Niang for Kucka. If both happen its an even worse Mercato than last summer.

Embarrassing

MILAN: Abbiati, Abate, Zapata, Mexes, Emanuelson, Poli, De Jong, Muntari, Montolivo, Balotelli, Robinho.

CAGLIARI: Agazzi, Dessena, Ariaudo, Rossettini, Murru, Nainggolan, Conti, Ekdal, Cabrera, Pinilla, Sau.

Serious pace gathering about an El Shaarawy exit. Would cap off the worst mercato I'll have ever witnessed (Even worse than the recent Ibra, Thiago Silva sales imo)

Ozil's name has been thrown around. Dropped from 25/1 to 5/2 to join in the last hour alone. Apparently Kaká was the smokescreen for Galliani to be in Madrid and Bale's transfer has meant someone has to leave.

Madrid and City both being linked with El Shaarawy

Serious pace gathering about an El Shaarawy exit. Would cap off the worst mercato I'll have ever witnessed (Even worse than the recent Ibra, Thiago Silva sales imo)

Ozil's name has been thrown around. Dropped from 25/1 to 5/2 to join in the last hour alone. Apparently Kaká was the smokescreen for Galliani to be in Madrid and Bale's transfer has meant someone has to leave.

Madrid and City both being linked with El Shaarawy

Genuinely don`t want Kaka back even on a free just another washed up Brazilian signing for us.
    The game is on tv but I could hardly care. 4-3-1-2 is back :rolleyes:

Balotelli on form

The fact Matri has come on ahead of El Shaarawy speaks volumes. Will be gutted if he's sold

Does Allegri have a death wish or something?

Will be murder if SES is sold.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Does Allegri have a death wish or something?

Will be murder if SES is sold.

Hope he gets a headkick from Balotelli. Kaka` is official according to James Richardson, where is the meh emoticon?

BTW Matri when he came on tonite was shoite

• Advertisement

Murder if EL92 goes is right

Hero in the making

http://www.football-italia.net/39055/el-shaarawy-staying-milan

El Shaarawy has decided he is staying at Milan, hope he stays as its obvious that its his wish rather than the club that he stays.

http://www.football-italia.net/39057/sampdoria-confirm-petagna-swoop

Petagna heading to Samp on loan with option to buy 50%. Wouldn`t mind a loan but after the dopey fee we resigned Matri for & the links to Astori we should should have learned our lesson by now.

El Shaarawy commits again. Wonder how many more times he'll commit before he gets tired of the club not saying they want him to stay. Poor treatment of the player imo.

Kaká could be great or could be invisible. Either way, if he never steps foot on the pitch, he'll boost morale and raise team spirit which is big. Great deal we got too.

I'd loan out Niang, Petagna and try to do so without giving away any of their rights.

Nocerino, Traore, Birsa are all expendable too but look likely to stay

I'm genuinely delighted Ricardo is back, one of my favourite players ever and will add something we haven't had in the final third in a long time, creativity. I reckon he will thrive at Milan behind Balotelli and one of Pazzo/SES/Matri. Great deal too.

I'm genuinely delighted Ricardo is back, one of my favourite players ever and will add something we haven't had in the final third in a long time, creativity. I reckon he will thrive at Milan behind Balotelli and one of Pazzo/SES/Matri. Great deal too.

Agreed. So much class and it was hard to see him waste away at Madrid! They must be kicking themselves after signing him for €67m 4 years ago :pac:

• Advertisement

El Shaarawy commits again. Wonder how many more times he'll commit before he gets tired of the club not saying they want him to stay. Poor treatment of the player imo.
    Nocerino, Traore, Birsa are all expendable too but look likely to stay
    He`s been treated like dirt tbh. Yup fair amount of fodder at Milan that needs to be burnt.

Do not like him playing behind 2 we`ll be getting killed out wide again, particularly in europe.

It will be interesting to see where Honda will fit in now come January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Real Madrid paid €120m in transfer fee and wages for Kaka, who made 120 appearances for them. :pac:

Worth. Every. Penny.

You leave my Ricardo alone, bully!

It will be interesting to see where Honda will fit in now come January.
    Will still be bought and can play further back if needs be! I think a 4-2-3-1 would suit us better than 4-3-1-2 but I doubt that will happen
    Real Madrid paid €120m in transfer fee and wages for Kaka, who made 120 appearances for them. :pac:
    That is some statistic :pac:

Will still be bought and can play further back if needs be! I think a 4-2-3-1 would suit us better than 4-3-1-2 but I doubt that will happen

That is some statistic :pac:

4 2 3 1 with kaka Honda and SES behind Mario would be nice with two of De Jong, Monti and Poli further back.

I think a 4-2-3-1 would suit us better than 4-3-1-2 but I doubt that will happen

Nah i think the 4-3-1-2 would be a better option. Balo/SES/Pazzo work well with another forward. Kaka/Honda can play in behind and then a midfield 3 of Monty, De Jong and Poli. Honda could also drop back into the midfield 3 if needed.

Until Pazzo's back though, 4-2-3-1 with Balo up front would probably be the better option

Hah just remembered Matri. Fuck sake

Nah i think the 4-3-1-2 would be a better option. Balo/SES/Pazzo work well with another forward. Kaka/Honda can play in behind and then a midfield 3 of Monty, De Jong and Poli. Honda could also drop back into the midfield 3 if needed.

Until Pazzo's back though, 4-2-3-1 with Balo up front would probably be the better option

Hah just remembered Matri. Fuck sake

And Robinho!

4-2-3-1 Would mean there could be lots of rotation between the front 4 as Robinho/El Shaarawy/Kaka/Montolivo could all play in that 3

Balotelli/Matri/Pazzini for up top and Balotelli could also play in the 3 if needed

I cans see one of the strikers leaving in January. There's just no space for the 3 of them when Pazzini is fit

If Milan actually had a shred of ambition they could have had a front four of SES/Mario/Ljajic with Ozil in behind.

The tight bastards won't spend any money though unless it's on dross like Matri.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    If Milan actually had a shred of ambition they could have had a front four of SES/Mario/Ljajic with Ozil in behind.

The tight bastards won't spend any money though unless it's on dross like Matri.
    Out:
    Nocerino €5m
    Boateng €12m
    Traore €1m
    Antonini €1m
    - Matri €11m

There's €30m - throw in €15m from the kitty and sign Ozil - Simple

Ahhhhh Football Manager :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement