Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Out:
    Nocerino €5m
    Boateng €12m
    Traore €1m
    Antonini €1m
    - Matri €11m

There's €30m - throw in €15m from the kitty and sign Ozil - Simple

Ahhhhh Football Manager :cool:

I'd of signed Quintero from Pescara & get the other 50% of his 3rd party. Cagliari said neither Astori or Nainggolan are leaving. We were linked to Paulo Cannavaro too, that guy is the defibition of fodder.

Milan Champions League 2013/14 Squad: Abbiati, Amelia, Coppola; Abate, Bonera, Constant, De Sciglio, Mexes, Silvestre, Zaccardo, Zapata; Birsa, Cristante, de Jong, Emanuelson, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli; Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Kakà, Matri, Pazzini, Robinho.

No Niang but we got Birsa :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

GTR63 wrote: »
    Milan Champions League 2013/14 Squad: Abbiati, Amelia, Coppola; Abate, Bonera, Constant, De Sciglio, Mexes, Silvestre, Zaccardo, Zapata; Birsa, Cristante, de Jong, Emanuelson, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli; Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Kakà, Matri, Pazzini, Robinho.

Strange move, are u20's not in a separate list though? Maybe that's homegrown players

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'm surprised Cristante was registered tbh, AFAIK you don't have to register players of a certain age.

http://www.football-italia.net/39122/milan-apologise-uefa-error
    Milan made a balls of our list. We put El Shaarawy down on a A List (a u21 player who has been at the club for 2 years is not needed to be put on this)even though he could of been put on the B one. This is the reason Niang is denied a place what a joke.

****ing ridiculous error. Heads should roll. Niang should be pissed.

Such a bit of messing. The first thing I thought when I heard the list was that one of them could have been on the B list

Big hit for his morale I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

According to goal.com thereis a rumour that Prandelli and Allegri are set to switch.

Allegri has stated this week his desire to manage Italy but I couldn't see them switching until after the World Cup.

Anyone hear anything about this?

http://www.football-italia.net/39186/traore-leaves-milan-loan
    Traore has left Milan on loan, good riddance & don't come back.
    As far as a Allegri and Prandelli swap goes its very early days and Max is one of about 5 linked with the Italy post this week.

• Advertisement

Prandelli has been set to take the Milan hotseat for a while now as far as i know.

If Allegri is that close to an exit, why was Matri brought in to "please" him ? :mad:

Prandelli has been set to take the Milan hotseat for a while now as far as i know.

If Allegri is that close to an exit, why was Matri brought in to "please" him ? :mad:

I'd go for Prandelli or Montella if we are replacing Allegri. I don't think Matri was just an Allegri thing, we've been after him on/off for a while. Doubt Max had the power to push for him big after everyone expected him to get sacked in May.

2z7pte8.jpg

Give us a hug Pippo.

I'd go for Prandelli or Montella if we are replacing Allegri. I don't think Matri was just an Allegri thing, we've been after him on/off for a while. Doubt Max had the power to push for him big after everyone expected him to get sacked in May.

Montella would be great

4-0 victory in a friendly there this afternoon. Kaká captained the side out and Saponara came on and scored the 4th

Few nice touches from Vergara from what I saw of the game! He could be useful enough after all

http://www.football-italia.net/39301/surgery-milan%E2%80%99s-de-sciglio

De Sciglio may be out for up to 2 months. :(

Here is a list of our salary according to the Gazetta.

Mario Balotelli: Forward 23 4,000,000
    Ricardo Kaka: Forward 31 4,000,000
    Philippe Mexes: Defender 31 4,000,000
    Riccardo Montolivo: Midfielder 28 3,500,000
    Nigel De Jong: Midfielder 28 3,000,000
    Giampaolo Pazzini: Forward 29 2,700,000
    Alessandro Matri: Forward 29 2,500,000
    Robinho: Forward 29 2,500,000
    Stephan El Shaarawy: Forward 20 2,400,000
    Ignazio Abate: Defender 26 1,800,000
    Sulley Muntari: Midfielder 29 1,500,000
    Antonio Nocerino: Midfielder 28 1,500,000
    Cristian Zapata: Defender 26 1,500,000
    Christian Abbiati: Goalkeeper 36 1,300,000
    Daniele Bonera: Defender 32 1,300,000
    Andrea Poli: Midfielder 23 1,300,000
    Matias Silvestre: Defender 28 1,100,000
    Urby Emanuelson: Midfielder 27 1,100,000
    Marco Amelia: Goalkeeper 31 1,000,000
    Mattia De Sciglio: Defender 20 1,000,000
    Kevin Constant: Defender 26 1,000,000
    Cristian Zaccardo: Defender 31 800,000
    M'Baye Niang: Forward 18 800,000
    Valter Birsa: Midfielder 27 600,000
    Riccardo Saponara: Midfielder 21 600,000
    Gabriel: Goalkeeper 20 500,000
    Bryan Cristante: Midfielder 18 240,000
    Jherson Vergara Amu: Defender 19 200,000
    Ferdinando Coppola: Goalkeeper 35 200,000
    Massimiliano Allegri: Coach 46 2,500,000

• Advertisement

http://www.football-italia.net/39301/surgery-milan%E2%80%99s-de-sciglio

De Sciglio may be out for up to 2 months. :(

Here is a list of our salary according to the Gazetta.

Mario Balotelli: Forward 23 4,000,000
    Ricardo Kaka: Forward 31 4,000,000
    Philippe Mexes: Defender 31 4,000,000
    Riccardo Montolivo: Midfielder 28 3,500,000
    Nigel De Jong: Midfielder 28 3,000,000
    Giampaolo Pazzini: Forward 29 2,700,000
    Alessandro Matri: Forward 29 2,500,000
    Robinho: Forward 29 2,500,000
    Stephan El Shaarawy: Forward 20 2,400,000
    Ignazio Abate: Defender 26 1,800,000
    Sulley Muntari: Midfielder 29 1,500,000
    Antonio Nocerino: Midfielder 28 1,500,000
    Cristian Zapata: Defender 26 1,500,000
    Christian Abbiati: Goalkeeper 36 1,300,000
    Daniele Bonera: Defender 32 1,300,000
    Andrea Poli: Midfielder 23 1,300,000
    Matias Silvestre: Defender 28 1,100,000
    Urby Emanuelson: Midfielder 27 1,100,000
    Marco Amelia: Goalkeeper 31 1,000,000
    Mattia De Sciglio: Defender 20 1,000,000
    Kevin Constant: Defender 26 1,000,000
    Cristian Zaccardo: Defender 31 800,000
    M'Baye Niang: Forward 18 800,000
    Valter Birsa: Midfielder 27 600,000
    Riccardo Saponara: Midfielder 21 600,000
    Gabriel: Goalkeeper 20 500,000
    Bryan Cristante: Midfielder 18 240,000
    Jherson Vergara Amu: Defender 19 200,000
    Ferdinando Coppola: Goalkeeper 35 200,000
    Massimiliano Allegri: Coach 46 2,500,000

Abate picked up an injury during the internationals and is out as well. Some injury list we have already and it seems to be in defence where we're at our most thin :mad: :rolleyes:

Highlighted the players I think are earning more than they should be. The list needs to be cut down - €105m is still too high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Jaysus I really hope De Scglio doesn't suffer too many injuries, be a real shame for a talent like that to be disrupted by injuries.

Wonder who will start in defence for us at the weekend.

Zaccardo-Mexes-Zapata-Emanuelson/Constant

Shocking defence and it really shows up Galliani and co. for where the Matri money should have been spent

Aint gonna be winning a Scudetto with a back 4 like that.

You look at Juves defenders and its like night and day in comparison.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Aint gonna be winning a Scudetto with a back 4 like that.

You look at Juves defenders and its like night and day in comparison.

Berlusconi only wants the big name signings, not ones which improve the team ala defenders

Ronaldinho/Ronaldo/Shevchenko's return/Robinho/Kaká's return were all publicity signings

Signing Matri was a terrible decision and it feels to me like the club are trying to force El Shaarawy out of the team. I will be furious if he's not getting game time so we can watch Alessandro Matri play up front for us.

Was confident of a win vs Torino but I wouldn't be confident of a win against anyone with a defence like that!

• Advertisement

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/honda-may-not-make-milan-move-january

So about that Honda move............erm he`ll assess all offers now. Might aswell say no chance, wonder what washed up player we`ll bring in instead.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/honda-may-not-make-milan-move-january

So about that Honda move............erm he`ll assess all offers now. Might aswell say no chance, wonder what washed up player we`ll bring in instead.

If we lose out on him it will be totally our fault. Offer him decent wages and he'll join I'm sure.

Balotelli had an off night tonight for Italy and squandered several chances according to himself!

Bit disappointing that El Shaarawy can't get a game for club nor country. The brightest Italian talent behind Balotelli but he's not getting the support he nees to develop.

Balotelli also said after the Italy game that it's his personal preference to play up front with another striker, and i think he meant one in the ould of Matri more so than SES :(

If we lose out on him it will be totally our fault.
    Bit disappointing that El Shaarawy can't get a game for club nor country. The brightest Italian talent behind Balotelli but he's not getting the support he needs to develop.

Yup i`d of rather spent €12m on Honda than Matri(the crap Gilardino, yup he`s already slipped below being a crap Pazzini). Italian sides are fairly poor to give game time to youngsters, obviously the club have already forgotten this time last year when El Shaarawy basically carried us to every point we earned. :confused:

I think you two are being way over the top here with the pessimism. I gaurentee that SES will play most games this season and be a big part of how Milan play. I also expect Cristante, Saponara and a few others to get a decent amount of game time. Allegri hasn't been shy about playing young players at all and I don't see why that would change.

Tomorrow our back 4 is going to be fairly cobbled together but what we have should still be better than Torino so hopefully they can keep Cerci and co in check and Mario can put Tuesday behind him and bag us a win.

Allegri said today that Kaka will probably start tomorrow, I can't wait to see him back in red and black.

If we get Honda(which I hope we do) can't see Saponara getting much game time with Kaka also there(assuming Kaka doesn't break down again). Hope that he and Cristante get game time but after spending €12m on Matri i'd be shocked if the club would have him as an expensive back up beside Robinho on the bench. Hope I am wrong but €12m is a lot for Milan nowdays.

Seaneh wrote: »
    I think you two are being way over the top here with the pessimism. I gaurentee that SES will play most games this season and be a big part of how Milan play. I also expect Cristante, Saponara and a few others to get a decent amount of game time. Allegri hasn't been shy about playing young players at all and I don't see why that would change.

Tomorrow our back 4 is going to be fairly cobbled together but what we have should still be better than Torino so hopefully they can keep Cerci and co in check and Mario can put Tuesday behind him and bag us a win.

Allegri said today that Kaka will probably start tomorrow, I can't wait to see him back in red and black.
    Yeah maybe you're right. Saturday and Wednesday will tell a lot I think. Everyone is fit so if SES is the out and out starter then he should start alongside Balotelli and be taken off after about 60 mins (depending on the score) to be rested so he can start again against Celtic. Also, when we don't have congested fixtures, he should be given 90 minute games when he's playing well. Having to look over at the bench the whole way through the game in the 2nd half will not help him one bit.
    If we get Honda(which I hope we do) can't see Saponara getting much game time with Kaka also there(assuming Kaka doesn't break down again). Hope that he and Cristante get game time but after spending €12m on Matri i'd be shocked if the club would have him as an expensive back up beside Robinho on the bench. Hope I am wrong but €12m is a lot for Milan nowdays.

Yeah, Matri and Robinho on the bench is a waste but I don't think they should start either. Honda has to come in, even at €3m wages, because he is quality and will add a lot to us. He can also be played in the 3 man midfield.

I would loan out Cristante, Saponara and Niang. Sell Matri/Pazzini and Coppola and bring in a defender. The 3 young lads won't get game time with every spare minute going to the likes of Robinho, Matri etc. Also there is no need at all for Pazzini and Matri to be in the squad. 3 keepers is enough as well.

3 attacking positions in our team. Balotelli automatically occupies 1 so that leaves 2 places for 7 players - El, Shaarawy, Robinho, Matri, Pazzini, Kaká, Niang, Saponara. Madness! :rolleyes:

Lets be honest the decision to not buy a defender already looks a bad one when you look at how rubbish our depth is with DeS & Abate out.
    I see Silvestre is out for a month too, i'd like to say we could do with him but I would be lying.

Lets be honest the decision to not buy a defender already looks a bad one when you look at how rubbish our depth is with DeS & Abate out.
    I see Silvestre is out for a month too, i'd like to say we could do with him but I would be lying.

Seriously?? Poor management from the top down

Milan squad for Torino: Abbiati, Amelia, Coppola, Constant, Mexes, Vergara, Zaccardo, Zapata, Birsa, Cristante, Emanuelson, De Jong, Kaka, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli, Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Matri & Robinho.
    No Niang again :(

Linked with more cheap crap again in January.
    http://www.football-italia.net/39456/milan-try-burdisso-report

http://www.football-italia.net/39459/el-shaarawy-thigh-strain

El Shaarawy out of the Torino & Celtic games.

• Advertisement

That article says Niang is injured, which explains why he isn't in the squad.

We have plenty of cover up front so I'm not really worried about him missing these two games, our two first choice fullbacks being out is a far bigger problem.

Big inconvenience but if there is any position to have injuries it's up front because we do have quality backup.

It's a joke how many injuries we have at this stage of the season.

Tonights teams:

Torino: Padelli; Glick, Bovo, Moretti; Darmian, Brighi, Vives, El Kaddouri, D'Ambrosio; Cerci & Immobile.
    Milan: Abbiati; Zaccardo, Zapata, Mexes, Emanuelson; Montolivo, De Jong, Muntari; Kakà; Robinho & Balotelli.

I have no idea how Muntari starts ahead of Poli.

Watched the first 60 minutes or so. Grim, grim stuff.

Bisra is the worst player I've ever seen in a Milan jersey.

Sad that I took a late penalty to get a point against a very bad Torino.

Lack of with when Abate and De Sciglio don't play is appalling.

Feel sorry for Torino, they deserve the victory.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Feel sorry for Torino, they deserve the victory.

I don't think they did. They weren't the better team, they just took their two chances well. Milan should have had w bag full of goals.

• Advertisement

Unreal finish - Mad stuff!

We've saved face but it was a bad, bad performance

Rubbish performance, didn`t deserve the draw tbh. Torino taking off Cerci was the turning point. Kaka` was as useless as the 4-3-1-2 formation, sorry but that is the truth. Matri & Birsa off the bench was grim & the Montolivo injury is a BIG blow.

Rubbish performance, didn`t deserve the draw tbh. Torino taking off Cerci was the turning point. Kaka` was as useless as the 4-3-1-2 formation, sorry but that is the truth. Matri & Birsa off the bench was grim & the Montolivo injury is a BIG blow.

Allegri could well be on his way soon. Terrible performance, terrible tactics, poor line out and bad substitutions.

We won't beat Celtic if we play anywhere near that level during the week.

Kaka looked slow and fat tbh.

Allegri could well be on his way soon. Terrible performance, terrible tactics, poor line out and bad substitutions.

We won't beat Celtic if we play anywhere near that level during the week.

Is there much of a point sacking him at this stage, the squad & team tonite was crap. Zaccardo, Mexes, Zapata & Emanuelson is just a tragic back 4 & up top bar Balotelli we had nothing(When is Pazzini back?). Midfield was slow & lacked any real quality on the ball.

3qkonz.jpg

Milan Channel reports that Poli will miss the matches vs. Celtic and Napoli (possibly also Bologna) due to the injury sustained vs. Torino.

• Advertisement

Is there much of a point sacking him at this stage, the squad & team tonite was crap. Zaccardo, Mexes, Zapata & Emanuelson is just a tragic back 4 & up top bar Balotelli we had nothing(When is Pazzini back?). Midfield was slow & lacked any real quality on the ball.
    Yes. He's a terrible motivator and he's too afraid to make huge decisions (due to the pressure from above) I backed him right up until now. He simply isn't getting near the most out of the players, Berlu wants him out, which is a problem in itself, and he is more concerned with pleasing Berlusconi (like fielding 4-3-1-2) than he is about doing what's best for the team.
    3qkonz.jpg

Milan Channel reports that Poli will miss the matches vs. Celtic and Napoli (possibly also Bologna) due to the injury sustained vs. Torino.

Great. Poli and Monti gone. Abate and De Sciglio out. El Shaarawy very doubtful too. 5 starters in my opinion but Allegri would probably only start 2/3. Disaster for a game where 3 points is an absolute must.

Yes. He's a terrible motivator and he's too afraid to make huge decisions (due to the pressure from above) I backed him right up until now. He simply isn't getting near the most out of the players, Berlu wants him out, which is a problem in itself, and he is more concerned with pleasing Berlusconi (like fielding 4-3-1-2) than he is about doing what's best for the team.

Blaming Allegri for the idiocy above him is, well, idiocy.

He was told, without having as say in it, that Milan will play 4-3-1-2 this season, he was landed with the players he was landed with despite saying from janurary until june this year that milan needed defenders.

He is the single reason that a VERY average milan team went from mid table in november to pushing for 2nd in march and securing champions league football. He won Serie A in his first season has secured CL football ever since despite the squad being weakened every year since.

Blaming Allegri for the current state of Milan really is failing to see the problem from the symptom. He's doing a VERY good job considering the ****e he's had to put up with.

Is it true that Berlusconi thinks that Kaka' could play the "Pirlo Role".
    Marcotti had to answer this question last night but I can't understand how he has so much power at the club despite doing so little for us the last few years. We had an awful window & then decided to go back the the 4-3-1-2 formation which is a handicap going against teams in europe who are always playing 4-3-3.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Blaming Allegri for the idiocy above him is, well, idiocy.

He was told, without having as say in it, that Milan will play 4-3-1-2 this season, he was landed with the players he was landed with despite saying from janurary until june this year that milan needed defenders.

He is the single reason that a VERY average milan team went from mid table in november to pushing for 2nd in march and securing champions league football. He won Serie A in his first season has secured CL football ever since despite the squad being weakened every year since.

Blaming Allegri for the current state of Milan really is failing to see the problem from the symptom. He's doing a VERY good job considering the ****e he's had to put up with.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh there. I've defended him completely throughout his time at Milan but enough is enough. Berlusconi is to blame as well. If he wants to manage the team himself then he should, otherwise he should let Allegri do his job. He won't though and his tinkering has and will continue to cost us.

It's clear that Berlusconi will not back Allegri and that is a big problem. The constant uncertainty over his position is very unsettling for the team. Telling him to play 4-3-1-2 from the off, when the formation should depend on the opposition, was silly. Then to go and buy Kaká and Matri to suit this formation was ridiculous.

Allegri hasn't helped things with his Matri request either and they should have been able to see another attacker wasn't needed. Galliani spoke about how it would be a 25 man squad at most and then proceeded to add the likes of Birsa to a team with 30 players? Also the fact we have 9 problematic injuries after only 3 league games is an issue. Something to do with his training methods perhaps but that could be unfair.

It's a mess from the top right down but the other 2 aren't going to change or leave and it's painstakingly obvious that this is Allegri's last season where Prandelli will most likely take over at the helm.

Is it true that Berlusconi thinks that Kaka' could play the "Pirlo Role".
    Marcotti had to answer this question last night but I can't understand how he has so much power at the club despite doing so little for us the last few years. We had an awful window & then decided to go back the the 4-3-1-2 formation which is a handicap going against teams in europe who are always playing 4-3-3.

The man doesn't know is football quite simply so it could well be true! We have players better suited to 4-3-3 in my opinion depending on the opposition. We were so narrow last night against a team that is strong in central defence - even the commentators where joking about how it was clear we should be attacking the flanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement