Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home teeth whitening ?

• 12-05-2013 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Anybody recommend home teeth whitening kit?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 103 ✭✭newsunglasses

Boots do a lovely one(its boots own brand) and its cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Will be watching for replies, I'd love to try one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I used crest 3D whitening the professional one and it was really good but made my teeth really sensitive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

That's what worries me too...sensitivity. But would love my teeth a few shades whiter at least

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ShelTomato

I got Plus 5 Minute Whitening gel from ebay, got it for around €8 though that was lucky as it seems to sell for quite a bit more! But it's really good I noticed a difference after about 2 weeks of use and it was a BIG difference. No tooth sensitivity at all and my teeth are usually quite sensitive, only problem was the application with the mouthguard was really awkward but it's easier without

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭XarcherX

Crest whitening strips are the best I've tried by far, and theyre instant and last a long time.. unfortunately had to get off eBay as not available here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Any more reviews on the Boots one? Myself and OH would both love to do this, as I have tea-stained tea and he smokes, but can't really afford 80 bucks between us to go to the dentist :P

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Any more reviews on the Boots one? Myself and OH would both love to do this, as I have tea-stained tea and he smokes, but can't really afford 80 bucks between us to go to the dentist :P

I've heard great things about the emmi-dent ultrasonic toothbrushes, I think they cost a fair bit, over the €100 mark anyways, but myself and the OH were thinking of going halves on one, pricey but cheaper than paying €80 everytime we want a tooth cleaning :rolleyes: I use a whitening gel and it's working well enough but I'd rather the toothbrush than using chemicals on my teeth over a prolonged period...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Toothbrush dipped in Baking Soda

ShelTomato wrote: »
    I've heard great things about the emmi-dent ultrasonic toothbrushes, I think they cost a fair bit, over the €100 mark anyways, but myself and the OH were thinking of going halves on one, pricey but cheaper than paying €80 everytime we want a tooth cleaning :rolleyes: I use a whitening gel and it's working well enough but I'd rather the toothbrush than using chemicals on my teeth over a prolonged period...

The front of my mouth is very problematic after removal of a very botchy braces job, and it's very difficult to clean my teeth right. I got myself a pretty decent toothbrush, but I think I need to lift the teeth the harsh way and then maintain the white from brushing :(

• Advertisement

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    The front of my mouth is very problematic after removal of a very botchy braces job, and it's very difficult to clean my teeth right. I got myself a pretty decent toothbrush, but I think I need to lift the teeth the harsh way and then maintain the white from brushing :(

It's a tooth cleaner rather than a toothbrush, specifically for cleaning/whitening rather than everyday brushing :) the plus 5 minute whitening gel does work, leave it on bout 20 mins a day for 2 weeks then for 10 minutes once a week after that, really does work. It was nice brushing my teeth after that and not seeing such a HUGE difference between the color of my teeth and the white toothpaste, definitely much brighter than I'd ever seen them :D so that may help get the heavy staining off. Wondering myself if the Boots one is any good now cos the plus one is tricky to get for less than €20 (it's only a few dollars in America :rolleyes: )

ShelTomato wrote: »
    It's a tooth cleaner rather than a toothbrush, specifically for cleaning/whitening rather than everyday brushing :) the plus 5 minute whitening gel does work, leave it on bout 20 mins a day for 2 weeks then for 10 minutes once a week after that, really does work. It was nice brushing my teeth after that and not seeing such a HUGE difference between the color of my teeth and the white toothpaste, definitely much brighter than I'd ever seen them :D so that may help get the heavy staining off. Wondering myself if the Boots one is any good now cos the plus one is tricky to get for less than €20 (it's only a few dollars in America :rolleyes: )

Might just get it and see what happens! It's only really one small but noticable area on my lower front teeth, and it bugs me because you can spot it a mile off if I laugh, despite the fact that I brush twice daily, and floss :confused:

Advertisement