Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint and escalation about deceptive sales process

Options
  • 12-05-2013 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

I want to complain about your deceptive, and frankly fraudulent, sales agent in South Tipperary. I'll outline the details below. It's incredibly frustrating and I ask that someone call the account holder to outline what steps are being taken to resolve.

It is on behalf of my parents that I make this complaint, they've attempted to escalate via your call centre and have been promised both a transfer to the correct person and a call-back. Neither has happened, the transfer simply disconnected them and the call-back has never occurred.

The sales agent called early March to convince them to switch to Eircom. He checked how much they were paying to Vodafone, he said he could do the same package for much cheaper and would include 30 minutes landline to mobile as well as a faster broadband and better download limits.

My parents said they suspect they're still in contract with Vodafone. He categorically stated they were out of contract, saying that since the lines are rented from Eircom he can confirm that they were indeed out of contract. Based on this my parents agreed to switch.

On both points he lied:

• The Eircom package does not contain the benefits he promised, it is in fact more expensive
    • They are not out of contract with Vodafone and have now been charged a cancellation fee of 116

Surely you must agree this inappropriate behaviour. That nothing has been done thus far is unfuriating. I can provide account details via PM, I ask that:
    • The deceptive sales agent is investigated
    • The cancellation fee is paid
    • That either Eircom package is updated or cancelled

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭psalbmb

I want to complain about your deceptive, and frankly fraudulent, sales agent in South Tipperary. I'll outline the details below. It's incredibly frustrating and I ask that someone call the account holder to outline what steps are being taken to resolve.

It is on behalf of my parents that I make this complaint, they've attempted to escalate via your call centre and have been promised both a transfer to the correct person and a call-back. Neither has happened, the transfer simply disconnected them and the call-back has never occurred.

The sales agent called early March to convince them to switch to Eircom. He checked how much they were paying to Vodafone, he said he could do the same package for much cheaper and would include 30 minutes landline to mobile as well as a faster broadband and better download limits.

My parents said they suspect they're still in contract with Vodafone. He categorically stated they were out of contract, saying that since the lines are rented from Eircom he can confirm that they were indeed out of contract. Based on this my parents agreed to switch.

On both points he lied:

The Eircom package does not contain the benefits he promised, it is in fact more expensive
    They are not out of contract with Vodafone and have now been charged a cancellation fee of 116

Surely you must agree this inappropriate behaviour. That nothing has been done thus far is unfuriating. I can provide account details via PM, I ask that:

The deceptive sales agent is investigated
    The cancellation fee is paid
    That either Eircom package is updated or cancelled
    You're leaving it very late to be complaining about this, if it happened in early March... one would question why your only escalating this now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Eircom salespeople are very dodgy. An Eircom rep told me he was 100% sure sky broadband was not available in my area two days after a sky rep came to my door to sell me broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

psalbmb wrote: »
    You're leaving it very late to be complaining about this, if it happened in early March... one would question why your only escalating this now

FFS the contract was in March then a first billing period had to elapse, then they tried making contact with Eircom. It's only now 12th May!

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

FFS the contract was in March then a first billing period had to elapse, then they tried making contact with Eircom. It's only now 12th May!

Exactly right, Elsa Whining Simplicity, there was the initial pro-rated time period then a bill before they realised there was an issue. My mother has tried to discuss this with them directly however since having an operation on her throat is unable to raise, emphasise or talk for very long before coughing and what not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Exactly right, Srameen, there was the initial pro-rated time period then a bill before they realised there was an issue. My mother has tried to discuss this with them directly however since having an operation on her throat is unable to raise, emphasise or talk for very long before coughing and what not.
    Get the account holder (your mother or father) to ring first thing in the morning and put you on the list of nominated people to speak to Eircom. Then open the floodgates on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Bump for Eircom rep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

On both points he lied:

The Eircom package does not contain the benefits he promised, it is in fact more expensive
    They are not out of contract with Vodafone and have now been charged a cancellation fee of 116

The deceptive sales agent is investigated
    The cancellation fee is paid
    That either Eircom package is updated or cancelled

Hi darrenheaphy

I haver sent you a private message in relation to this issue.

Regards

Al

Advertisement