Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dutch for Leaving Cert

• 12-05-2013 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭

I'm a 5th year student and I'll be sitting the leaving cert next year. I'm very good at German. I have never studied Dutch before but I have read some and understood it. I would like to take it at ordinary level for the leaving cert without studying for it.

If you check the SEC website they have Dutch from 2005 onwards but only at higher level. If I asked could I sit an ordinary level exam?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'm a 5th year student and I'll be sitting the leaving cert next year. I'm very good at German. I have never studied Dutch before but I have read some and understood it. I would like to take it at ordinary level for the leaving cert without studying for it.

If you check the SEC website they have Dutch from 2005 onwards but only at higher level. If I asked could I sit an ordinary level exam?

AFAIK you can only sit any of the other European languages if its your native language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Yeah, it has to be your native language for you to sit it, hence why there's no OL version.

Advertisement