Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Superthread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

As long as it is backed up.

Thats not an answer to that question and if he came out with it all we'd get from some fans is 'wtf does that mean, dont be so cryptic'

again, with the way some people are reacting no matter what he says he cant win
    Something along the lines of we are not a foolish club like Chelsea or City but we would be willing to invest heavily on players when necessary.

Do you think we would spend that amount? He is pandering to the fans tbh.

Thats such a bs answer and wont appease the fans at all.

I would very much doubt we would spend that but if he said we are looking in the 20m bracket it would leave some people questioning ambition.

Just going to remind everyone - its ONLY July the 14th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Imagine City signed him you wouldnt say that :pac:

puke.gif :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I can't do that because I never said that you said it, what I said is "What are we supposed to do, let him rot in the reserves?" Which is the only alternative if he doesn't get a chance with the first team, which you have mistakenly assumed is the starting 11. Nobody is stupid enough to be calling for Januzaj to be in the bloody starting 11 after 1 pre season game, but most who watched him yesterday clearly saw he is capable of being involved with the first team squad. That means day-in-day-out training, Carling Cup games and occasional sub appearances. I think that's the issue, you think people want Januzaj starting, nobody said that, we just want to actually see the kid a few times unlike a certain Frenchman who got fed up.

Also, Welbeck was crap yesterday, but so were Carrick, Clev, Giggs and nearly everyone apart from Januzaj and Fabio, so the "it's only the 1st preseason game" excuse applies, everyone is out of form. If Welbeck has a full season like he played yesterday then yes, it will be time to re-assess, but as far as 4th choice strikers go, I'm very happy for him to try and find some confidence and continue to chip in with good games here and there. Ask a Real Madrid fan what they think of Danny Welbeck.

I think you missed my entire point RE: Jacuzzi. Maybe I phrased it wrong. I love blooding in youth talent sooner rather than later. My point is that despite Welbeck being awful (yet again) people are using the "its just one pre-season game" line to imply it has no standing towards how good of a player he is or whether or not he merits a place in the first team ;)

But at the same time people are using it as a basis for saying Jacuzia should be getting first team time. I don't disagree youth should be brought in nice and early. But surely if people can make a positive judgement of a player from predominately one game, (Jaznan) people shouldn't be lambasted for making a negative one of another in the same scenario. (Welbeck)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Come on Timmy, it's surely not that hard to type Januzaj!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Thats not an answer to that question and if he came out with it all we'd get from some fans is 'wtf does that mean, dont be so cryptic'

again, with the way some people are reacting no matter what he says he cant win

Thats such a bs answer and wont appease the fans at all.

I would very much doubt we would spend that but if he said we are looking in the 20m bracket it would leave some people questioning ambition.

Just going to remind everyone - its ONLY July the 14th

Considering you're the PR genius what would you say?

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Come on Timmy, it's surely not that hard to type Januzaj!

I stand by my constant misspellings!

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I stand by my constant misspellings!

Zich heil ze grammar nazi vil getz you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

pretty much.nly actually signing players will end the doubt of signing players, and nly signing the type of player we need at that. Actions speak louder than words.

nly? Is that text speak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Considering you're the PR genius what would you say?

Who the **** said im a PR genius? My point is the guy answered a question and no matter what the answer he gives people are going to whinge about it.

Frankly some of the hissy fits in this thread over the last couple of weeks (and i dont believe you have been involved) over transfers has been comical

Who the **** said im a PR genius? My point is the guy answered a question and no matter what the answer he gives people are going to whinge about it.

Frankly some of the hissy fits in this thread over the last couple of weeks (and i dont believe you have been involved) over transfers has been comical

Its called sarcasm, how can you call bs on my obviously rushed attempt but not come out with your own! You're right on the transfers though I was happy to settle with Wanyama lol.

Edit: I think we can all agree as long as we dont hear "theres no value in the market" we're happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Good words from Moyes
    "Manchester United is about the team, the club. What I won't allow is Wayne Rooney to become more important than the football club."

He must be really fed up of talking about Wayne.

I don't like Woodward saying we wouldn't be afraid of paying £70 million for a player. It means clubs will push the cost of transfers way up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

The quotes coming from Moyes on transfers are promising but I don't think money is the issue. I think Utd will struggle to attract world class talent. There are so many attractive clubs out there these days. Being league champions doesn't mean as much to the modern footballer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

TheTownie wrote: »
    This is doing the rounds at the moment from The Sun's Charlie Wyett. Hes claiming Moyes told him Utd are interested in Thiago but hes not a priority.

If true then the mind boggles as to what the fúck is the priority.

Or maybe Moyes, now resigned to missing out on Thiago, is playing down Utd's interest in Thiago which is par for the course with Utd.

If true then why didn't he include that in his column today instead of just raising it up the flagpole on twitter? Probably because it would have contradicted what he did directly quote Moyes as saying "I'm not going to name anybody" [re transfer targets].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Wish Thiago would just sign for someone and put us out of our misery one way or the other!

I have started to ignore all the gossip from Twitter and the papers. They are both as bad as eachother for bullcrap. I should have done it ages ago as I'm way more serene now.

Like others have said, wait till a player is announced by the club. None of the rest matters really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The quotes coming from Moyes on transfers are promising but I don't think money is the issue. I think Utd will struggle to attract world class talent. There are so many attractive clubs out there these days. Being league champions doesn't mean as much to the modern footballer.

I don't really care about this, tbh. We've been buying class players for years, turning them into superstars and making CL finals and winning leagues is the norm over the last 8-10 years. **** the superstars, we've done better than Real in Europe since they started the Galacticos era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Talk of thiago has cooled after Bayern sporting director Mattias sammer said a deal hasn't been signed between both parties
    According too sky sports news

Maybe Bayern's big wigs sobered up and saw how many CM's they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Seems like only one talking sense in this thread is Moyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

RGDATA! wrote: »
    If true then why didn't he include that in his column today instead of just raising it up the flagpole on twitter? Probably because it would have contradicted what he did directly quote Moyes as saying "I'm not going to name anybody" [re transfer targets].

I don't know. Ask him on Twitter. He'd probably claim it was off the record or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

We all need to relax and give Moyes time, apart from Thiago there are a lot of other players that would improve our midfield. Lets have patience and see what the DM man comes up with.

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »

Does that include you :P
    We all need to relax and give Moyes time, apart from Thiago there are a lot of other players that would improve our midfield. Lets have patience and see what the DM man comes up with.

Moyes out :pac:

Moyes hasn't said anything that you wouldn't expect the Utd PR machine to say.

No one player is bigger than the club.
    Utd are interested in all the top players.
    Utd can afford to spend big on players.

Its just grandstanding really.

Stating Utd are short in midfield is just stating the fúcking obvious.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

TheTownie wrote: »
    Moyes hasn't said anything that you wouldn't expect the Utd PR machine to say.

No one player is bigger than the club.
    Utd are interested in all the top players.
    Utd can afford to spend big on players.

Its just grandstanding really.

Stating Utd are short in midfield is just stating the fúcking obvious.

The fact that he said this is absolutely huge. I cannot stress that enough.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The fact that he said this is absolutely huge. I cannot stress that enough.

The only thing that proves is that we now know for sure Moyes thinks Utd are short in numbers in midfield.

Doesn't guarantee he is going to sign a starting XI CM which is what we all crave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

:P

That gif is highly inappropriate. Even if it's meant to be a "joke".

jamc wrote: »

Yeh so what what if im here and Queer and dont want anymore Moyes :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

There's something about Woodward I don't like, I have a awful feeling he's a penny pinching cnut don't know why I get that feeling about him though:confused:

He works for the owners. Not the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Good words from Moyes

He must be really fed up of talking about Wayne.

I don't like Woodward saying we wouldn't be afraid of paying £70 million for a player. It means clubs will push the cost of transfers way up.
    no pleasing fans, is there.

jamc wrote: »

It was a joke and clearly not aimed at you so no need to take offence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

It was a joke and clearly not aimed at you so no need to take offence.

Regardless. It's a public forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

@GuillemBalague

Bayern negotiating with FCB 4 Thiago,all will b confirmed soon. Despite buy out clause Bayern prefer 2 talk to FCB.Utd were willing 2 pay it

United were willing to pay clause 4 Thiago. But Pep believed in Thiago. Moyes not so much (will his football work in PL? Moyes wasnt sure)

As much as id like to see him play for us I don't think arsenal would ever sell Wilshire to us esp if its true about them looking to invest a lot of money on improving their squad for the coming season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

BPIQ35XCcAAh_Gz.jpg

ShaneU wrote: »
    @GuillemBalague

Bayern negotiating with FCB 4 Thiago,all will b confirmed soon. Despite buy out clause Bayern prefer 2 talk to FCB.Utd were willing 2 pay it

United were willing to pay clause 4 Thiago. But Pep believed in Thiago. Moyes not so much (will his football work in PL? Moyes wasnt sure)

The same Balague who categorically stated we had paid a deposit for Falcao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The 'in the knows' blaming Moyes to try and save face?

• Advertisement

Whoever Moyes signs ill be backing him, his record with signings at Everton was pretty good, he even gets the best out of Gibson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

there is no way Moyes thinks Thiago's football won't work in England.

it's classic Balague trying to save some face.

Zaha doing a Jones :D

Singha-AllStars-v-Manchester-United-Wilfried_2972643.jpg?20130714081355

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Twitter is as useful as a chocolate teapot when it comes to the Transfer window.

Twitter is as useful as a chocolate teapot when it comes to the Transfer window.

So are the tabloids. In fact, the tabloids are worse in many ways because you're paying for the bullsh1t there. On Twitter at least it's free (but still crappy information)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

No you just have to follow the right people . Twitter is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So Woodward is the new Phelan. We don't know why we dislike him, we don't even know if he's doing anything wrong but I tell you this, if we don't improve the MF in this transfer window it will all be his fault. He also looks like a bit of a Yes man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Jax Teller wrote: »
    No you just have to follow the right people . Twitter is great.

I find twitter to be the most soul destroying part on in between season. Every bloke and his dog is on to a sure thing. "Journalists" swing from one spectrum to the next on "done deals".

Not sure who you follow. Would love to know. I think twitter is a big pile of ****e

Only one I listen to is Howard Nurse

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    I find twitter to be the most soul destroying part on in between season. Every bloke and his dog is on to a sure thing. "Journalists" swing from one spectrum to the next on "done deals".

Not sure who you follow. Would love to know. I think twitter is a big pile of ****e

What do ye think of this IndyKaila lad. I quite trust his sources. He seems spot on most of the time.

Troll_Face.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

MANUTD99 wrote: »

Howard Nurse is as clueless as any of the rest. His tweets were insufferable during the whole Sneijder and Özil sagas.
    I unfollowed him after that, in fact I rarely used Twitter since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Bayern Munich @ FCBayern 3m View translation
    OFFICIAL: Transfer by Thiago Alcantara (22) of Barcelona FCB perfect! Bayern will pay for Guardiola's players wish 20m ^ M.Hörwick
    Expand

Bayern confirmed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuunt

Don't worry, someone said it isnt over till he's wearing a Bayern shirt. We still have time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Getting sick of this ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Well fúck ye anyway Thiago, you wanted to leave for more game time but move to the club with arguably the strongest set of midfielders in the world. Hope you enjoy the bench. :mad:

Yes I am bitter.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement