Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Superthread 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

So Barca paid 34m for him I think and we offer 35m, pointless really, Fabregas even said he's happy to wait because everyone knows he's the future of that midfield.

6 weeks left of the window. 6 weeks.

plus the fact united wouldnt even pay the 17 milllion for thiago

but of course moyes is allowed to spend................ he um, just didnt want to:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

At least we are after a midfielder

So you'd be happy if Utd placed a bid for Iniesta ya?

Theres going after midfielders and theres wasting your time.

I hope I'm wrong and Fabregas is available but all logic suggests Barca wouldn't want to sell and Fab has said already this summer that he wants to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i wish the window was actually closing this week. at least then we'd know what we were dealing with for the season, and not this constant waiting and waiting for something to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

SlickRic wrote: »
    just to point out, it suits Hunter and Balague to tow the line of "Utd lost out on him", since they were the types who "broke" the story of the deal being nearly complete.

complete chancers, the pair of them. in particular, the bollocks they come out with on that Revista show where they proclaim to know everything that happens at managerial and boardroom level at all Spanish clubs; it's beyond ridiculous.

so take anything they came out with the last couple of weeks with a large trailer of salt. there's no doubt they have some contacts, but they don't have all the ones they'd like you to believe, and those that they do, the information they then get, would often be embellished.

Off topic but LOVE THE BLOG..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

TheTownie wrote: »
    Ah there only at the preparation stage.

They've just completed the office whip round stage and are now entering the "Woodward roots at the back of the couch for change" phase. So I guess you can say things are pretty advanced.

I really doubt Fabregas has any interest whatsover in leaving Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

why cant we go after a serious potential target?

We have no chance of getting him. It would be the perfect signing but its just not going to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

Headshot wrote: »

We have no chance of getting him. It would be the perfect signing but its just not going to happen

Agree - which makes me think why would the club bother unless they know he wants join and Barca are willing to sell? Clutching at straws i know.

Denis Irwin will hope its true. all his credibility is resting on us signing Fabregas.

Denis Irwin was confident we would sign Fabregas this summer.

I remember reading this article by Denis Irwin and he was confident?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Paulegend wrote: »

but of course moyes is allowed to spend................ he um, just didnt want to:rolleyes:

Who says Utd wouldnt pay 17 million for Thiago?

Some BS on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Denis Irwin will hope its true. all his credibility is resting on us signing Fabregas.

If United make official offer I think he would have have his credibility intact.

ray fox ‏@vinfox 5m
    Loving the idea that of two talented midfielders at Barca we've really only been interested in the older, more expensive, unobtainable one.

:pac:

I reckon DM is just trying to annoy poor Homer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Do arsenal have first refusal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Mark Ogden @MOgdenTelegraph 5m
    Man Utd waiting to hear back from Barcelona after lodging 30 m euro bid for Cesc Fabregas

This is like me playing FM. Just bid for every other player and see which one gets accepted and who asks for acceptable wages.

If United make official offer I think he would have have his credibility intact.

He called the RVP deal before it was all made public and mentioned this in reference to his Fabregas story.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

adox wrote: »
    Who says Utd wouldnt pay 17 million for Thiago?

Some BS on this thread.

Easier to blame United for screwing up than accept that other teams are far more attractive...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Apparently.

Denis Irwin doesn't seem like a bullsh1ter :) Said it earlier, he was very confident that MUFC's main transfer target this summer was Cesc.

Maybe drop your a dad a text and see if you can get info for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Paulegend wrote: »

Says who? Where does it even suggest we didn't want to pay the 17m for him?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Marcos Senna. My source tells me he's already signed. Just waiting for the right time to break it to the fans. Prob next week alongside Scottish midfielder Darren fletcher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

and he SH*TS on Fab-re-gas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Translated version of Guillem Balague colum in AS
    The Manchester United just put on the table an offer of 30 million euros for Cesc Fabregas. David Moyes, who does not have signing limit, want the best midfielder that can adapt to the game that aims to deliver at his new club and has identified Fabregas as the ideal. Moyes signing Thiago thought but was not sure he could adapt to the Premiership. Cesc, of course, has sufficient experience in the Premiership and efficiency as a passer, organizer and proven scorer. The new Manchester United's coach told his board that if it was true that there was money for anything, to be launched not by Thiago, but Cesc.

The fact is that the British would not a similar effort if they did not believe have a real choice to be made with the footballer. Barcelona, ​​who suddenly threatened and management model, will close in band: the player has a buyout clause of 200 million euros and in 2011, on his return to Barça signed a five-year contract .

What will the player? These market movements are not performed without the player has any notion that it will perform. What can convince Fabregas? The arrival of Neymar, who explained exclusively as the AS, charges more than Messi and therefore is the best paid staff, the balance seems to have unstabilized template. During the beginning of summer it was rumored that the City and United went for Cesc, but not confirmed until now the first offer for the player

Stuart Mathieson @StuMathiesonMEN 34s
    Bryan Robson told me last week that Fabregas was the player that got him excited when rumours first started #fb #mufc

Twitter is going to explode if it really happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Said it this morning - just can't see us being able to sign Fabregas now that Barcelona had sold Thiago - can't think they will entertain the thought of selling him aswell, regardless of the fact United want to sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Makes you wonder if the Thiago offer was more of a " yeah hes decent lets try nab him, but not break the bank" and Cesc was the big marquee ?

Be some ****ing signing.

But let's not get our knickers in a twist, and lets take each step as it comes. An offer has been made, it's either accepted or refused. It's a big money offer aswell.

Then again we have a track record of saving grace. I remember we placed an offer for David Vila knowing well he would choose Barcalona over us, but it made it appear that we had cash to burn and did all we could to sign him. This was during the phase where people thought the club had no money.

This might be a bit of a PR move to let fans know we have the cash, and in the end they can spin the " well we wanted him but they wouldnt sell" spiel.

Anyway, thing spicing up. Fabragas for me is a MUCH better prospect then Thiago, in terms of he is a proven player with a good record and we all know how he would cope in England, but just how good he is in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

master-t wrote: »
    Says who? Where does it even suggest we didn't want to pay the 17m for him?

well im making an intelligent guess based on the fact thiago was interested in going to you guys and the fact that ye seemed interested in him. from my gathering it seems that the money men where not too sure if he was worth it. its a shame because as a liverpool fan i think he would have actually been class for you guys.

anyone think ye could reignite interest in shweinsteiger?? bayern are overloaded in midfield right now. a possible fellani swein midfield would be pretty class. ye cant rely on carrick to keep in form

Said it this morning - just can't see us being able to sign Fabregas now that Barcelona had sold Thiago - can't think they will entertain the thought of selling him aswell, regardless of the fact United want to sign him.

at the same time though, Barcelona would then have €50million+ euros to spend on replacing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

don't buy Balague's bullshít in that column.

i just cannot see any proper manager being worried that Thiago might not suit English football.

clichéd bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

SlickRic wrote: »
    don't buy Balague's bullshít in that column.

i just cannot see any proper manager being worried that Thiago might not suit English football.

clichéd bollocks.

Too many people running it now to be bullsh*t . There must a bid but it'll never be accepted .

Amazing how it leaked to every single news outlet so soon after the bid was lodged isn't it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

First refusal doesn't mean much it's upto Farbegas. I thought he would always choose United over Arsenal to win trophy's. But if Arsenal pull of these players they are linked with he might be tempted to go to them.

RTE and BBC had this story this morning tbf

30m euros is a laughable bid too btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The likes of Denis Irwin, Robson, and other more credible sources (in comparison to Ballbag, that is), may well be spot on with saying United will chase Fabregas this summer.

Whether or not Barca will sell and Fabregas will want to join is another matter, however.

Once this gets rejected, ManUtd will prepare bid for Alex Song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Howard Nurse ‏@howardnurse 14s
    #mufc bid for Fabregas now confirmed at about £25m

Where are sky getting 35?

Howard Nurse @howardnurse 2s
    #mufc bid for Fabregas now confirmed at about £25m

How reliable is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

From Barca's point of view I can't see why they would consider letting Fabregas go, even if a big offer was made. Who would they replace him with? He's one of the best and most consistent midfielders in the world and seems to be happy at Barca, and Barca are happy to have him. Thiago and Villa are gone so they're already a player down, even with Neymar joining. Even if he did leave I'm not sure he'd come to us considering his Arsenal past, unless RVP has opened that door.

However if he does somehow sign I'll dance a merry merry jig!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So the day after Thiago is done we go in for Cesc. Why wait until now? Why not table a bid earlier, before Thiago was gone? People will say its because we failed to land Thiago and now have moved onto Cesc. Either way its going to be a lot harder to sign him now that Barca have just sold one of their mid-feilders.

All of these tweets and reports of Moyes not being interested in Strootman and now Thiago sound a little fishy to me. I think its typical PR spin to save face after losing out. We now risk some serious mockery if we fail to land Cesc. It will look like we were shunned twice by players from the same club.

I stuck up for UTD and its transfer dealing during the whole Thiago affair as it seemed to me he just wanted to go to Bayern, I still believe that but I cant understand the actions or thought process now taking place.

Almost identical positions and players if I'm not mistaken. We have such a slim chance as the player is now needed more than ever and stated he doesn't want to leave.

We are going for a MF player from the same club that just a day or two earlier we failed to sign a player from. Bizarre. Its like we are trying to look inept and laughable in the transfer market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Too many people running it now to be bullsh*t . There must a bid but it'll never be accepted .

oh, I believe the Cesc bid.

i don't believe that Thiago didn't go to Utd because Moyes "thought he wouldn't suit English football".

at the same time though, Barcelona would then have €50million+ euros to spend on replacing them.

Losing two home grown talents in the same summer would be shocking I'd imagine, especially as they didn't want to sell Thiago.

Just can't see them accepting a bid for Fabregas.

Would absolutely love to see him at United, but I just don't see any realistic way it could happen.

Now, if Barcelona accept our bid I'll get excited, but I won't be holding my breath on that one.

As an aside though - I always wonder how these bids work. I would assume no big money bid is made without some thought it could come off. Like United aren't going to bid for fabregas with the possibility he would tell them to take a running jump. A bid, imo, would indicate United believe they can get Fabregas to sign - I would assume there have been informal talks.

But I suppose maybe we aren't going to bid for him. As the many of the boardsies on here say... United have made no official comment so it must just be BS transfer spec based on nothing by the press.

25 million?

no hope.

25 million?

no hope.

its an embarrassing bid tbh

25m for one of the best CM's in the world is just bizarre

Money + Rooney is the best way to go now

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Howard Nurse @howardnurse 2s

How reliable is he?

He usually confirms things a week after they happened so fairly reliable.

Jonathan Northcroft ‏@JNorthcroft 3m
    In Bangkok Moyes didn't sound like missing out on Thiago would be too big a blow. He wants a DM and a Scholes-like all-rounder.

25 million?

no hope.

is about €29million....

are we setting ourselvs up here lads for another fall and weeks of torture if this goes belly up?

would be excellent if it happens, but im very very cautious about this one after multiple let downs.

• Advertisement

will have to be 30 million+

being honest 35million I think is the least we might get him for

BBC Sport's Ben SmithFOOTBALL
    Manchester United make a £25m offer for Barcelona and former Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
    The offer is currently under consideration but is understood to be below the Spanish club's current valuation of the player.
    While Fabregas is not pushing for a move, it is understood he is open to a move back to England and will be guided by whether Barcelona are prepared to accept an offer for him.

Sky, Telegraph, BBC, Independent all reporting this. There must be something in it, at least a bid show ManUtd fans that they are trying.

25million won't get him - but like fook United were going to bid their max bid off the bat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

They should just buy Fellaini and McCarthy and be done with it. No chance Fab is coming here.

its an embarrassing bid tbh

25m for one of the best CM's in the world is just bizarre

Money + Rooney is the best way to go now

FFS. If the bid is real, you don't go and make the highest bid possible. If the bid is slow, Barca will let ManUtd know where to stuff it. If at all they are open to the trasnfer then we can match their asking price.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement