Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Superthread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Sky, Telegraph, BBC, Independent all reporting this. There must be something in it, at least a bid show ManUtd fans that they are trying.
    But none of United, Barcelona or Fabregas have commented on it, so it is just baseless transfer spec to sell papers - according to the logic of some on here.

Never interested in Strootman or Thiago...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

But none of United, Barcelona or Fabregas have commented on it, so it is just baseless transfer spec to sell papers - according to the logic of some on here.

Never interested in Strootman or Thiago...

I know. It's extreme here. Either 100% interested and made the bid or never interested. Never the middle ground here.

Ian McGarry @garbosj 14s Fabregas and RVP have same agent. #MUFC unlikely to bid for Cesc if they didn't think there was a chance of signing him. #FCB

I'm getting excited now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

would be excellent if it happens, but im very very cautious about this one after multiple let downs.

indeed. it would be a scary purchase for you lot.

if Utd are serious, they need to just go in with £40m-plus, or give them Rooney + cash or something.

lowballing isn't going to work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

25million won't get him - but like fook United were going to bid their max bid off the bat.

Some people don't get negotiation tactics...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

25million won't get him - but like fook United were going to bid their max bid off the bat.

Yep, feeler bid by Utd. Same as was done with Baines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

RVP and Fabregas have the same agent. I'm sure the bid is there and the player would make the move but do Barcelona want to sell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Three years left on his contract and I would value him around the £30m/€40m mark.

Barca won't be actively looking to sell, nor will Fabregas be seeking to move, so I would think you'd be having to hit that fee in order to get anywhere near negotiating with the player.

I wonder is this a smokescreen in order to push through a move for another midfielder, be it Strootman or whomever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

do Barcelona want to sell?

I can't see why they would? Open to suggestions as to why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Knex. wrote: »
    I wonder is this a smokescreen in order to push through a move for another midfielder, be it Strootman or whomever.

Erm, why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

There's playing hard ball and there's just low balling

That is a low balling bid from utd tbf. Come on like the bidding should at least start at 35m. Fab is worth breaking utd transfer record for too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Are barca raising funds for something?

Villa, thiago cover the Neymar bid almost?

So selling fabregas, plus the transfer kitty they surely have would mean they'd have about 60mill?

Thiago silva? New keeper?

Just running the club properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Csec should see more first team action now that Thiago is gone. Barca need Cesc more than before now that Thiago is gone.

Its like we held out until the worst time possible to bid......................and then bid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

I know. It's extreme here. Either 100% interested and made the bid or never interested. Never the middle ground here.

Ian McGarry@garbosj 14s Fabregas and RVP have same agent. #MUFC unlikely to bid for Cesc if they didn't think there was a chance of signing him. #FCB

I'm getting excited now.

They don't have the same agents. Fabregas is managed by Kick + Run, RVP by Sports Entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Jesus, is anyone scared we're going to miss out on everyone?

Moyes joins, gets excited with the big budget, bids for big players, gets rejected, and meanwhile the likes of Strootman and Fellaini gets snapped up by other clubs.

It's not exactly a show of confidence in Fellaini that he didn't go straight in for him but if we keep getting rejected for the big players we'll be happy to end up with him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thiago to United rumors initially made perfect sense. Thiago wanted gametime, United needed a midfielder of his calibre. The price was also reasonable.

Fabregas to United makes absolutely no fcuking sense whatsoever. Fabregas will get more gametime and Barca are down a midfielder they probably did not want to sell.

There is no hope of Fabregas being sold by Barcelona. Christ, we're descending rapidly into a big tank of sh!te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

TransferMarkt say RVP & Fabregas are managed by 2 totally different agencies ?
    They're usually reliable with that stuff .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Headshot wrote: »
    Come on like the bidding should at least start at 35m

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nobody get excited and we might actually get him:p

Erm, why?

If one team is overvaluing their player and refusing to budge and United point to a similar fee for Fabregas, it may force the club to lower their fee a small amount in order to allow the player to leave.

Obviously United is a club who would be high up there in the list of dream clubs for a lot of players. So a combination of them holding out plus the above could see a deal done, even if another team is willing to offer the excessive fee.

All hypothetical reasoning on my behalf of course.

Just find this bid for Fabregas, especially after the Thiago scenario, a little strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ian McGarry @garbosj 14s Fabregas and RVP have same agent. #MUFC unlikely to bid for Cesc if they didn't think there was a chance of signing him. #FCB

I'm getting excited now.

No mention of RVP here? http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/kick--run-sports-management/details/berater_1865.html

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Thiago to United rumors initially made perfect sense. Thiago wanted gametime, United needed a midfielder of his calibre. The price was also reasonable.

Fabregas to United makes absolutely no fcuking sense whatsoever. Fabregas will get more gametime and Barca are down a midfielder they probably did not want to sell.

There is no hope of Fabregas being sold by Barcelona. Christ, we're descending rapidly into a big tank of sh!te.

And Fabregas made 48 apps (41 starts) last season. His only gripe would be not starting some of the bigger games but thats not something you would demand to leave your boyhood club over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Knex. wrote: »
    If one team is overvaluing their player and refusing to budge and United point to a similar fee for Fabregas, it may force the club to lower their fee a small amount in order to allow the player to leave.

Obviously United is a club who would be high up there in the list of dream clubs for a lot of players. So a combination of them holding out plus the above could see a deal done, even if another team is willing to offer the excessive fee.

All hypothetical reasoning on my behalf of course.

Just find this bid for Fabregas, especially after the Thiago scenario, a little strange.

I believe Arsenal are trying something similar to what you mention here with the bids for Suarez . Trying to speed up the Higuain deal imo

Trilla wrote: »
    I can't see why they would? Open to suggestions as to why

Paid around 60 Million for Neymar with huge wages, plus they need 1 or 2 CBs (world class CBs) badly who will command hefty transfer fee and wages.

Barca have the highest wage bill in the world, so they should offload few before signing CBs?

Not saying it's true, just to make some sense of this transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

TheTownie wrote: »
    And Fabregas made 48 apps (41 starts) last season. His only gripe would be not starting some of the bigger games but thats not something you would demand to leave your boyhood club over.

Rarely played in his natural position though? <grasping>

TheTownie wrote: »
    And Fabregas made 48 apps (41 starts) last season. His only gripe would be not starting some of the bigger games but thats not something you would demand to leave over.

Might want to play more in midfield rather than up front or on wing.

If Barcelona accept a bid, indicating they don't mind if he stays/goes then I think he could be got - but if Barcelona don't want to sell I see no way he is going to force a move.

As said, I really don't see a logical way for this transfer to happen - just don't see Barcelona having any interest in selling another midfielder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Paid around 60 Million for Neymar with huge wages, plus they need 1 or 2 CBs (world class CBs) badly who will command hefty transfer fee and wages.

Barca have the highest wage bill in the world, so they should offload few before signing CBs?

Not saying it's true, just to make some sense of this transfer.

And while Fab is getting gametime, not in his ideal role.

I think he would imagined he would be a starting CM for Barca at this stage, yet he is being moved around to accomodate Iniesta and Xavi constantly.

****it, wont get excited over it, wait and see, be amazing if it happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

they wouldn't put a bid in if they didn't think it could happen.

Please make this happen. Would be delighted if he signed for us.

Also wonder would Fabregas be reluctant to leave Barca during a World Cup year also.

It was only when he moved to Spain that he became a regular starter for the National side. Not saying that United wouldn't still be a high platform for him to show his worth, but I can see why Del Bosque would be more inclined to start him if he was still at Barca, alongside Iniesta and Xavi, playing week in, week out.

Fabregas will play at least the same amount as he did last year for Barca IMO, and more likely to get more games centrally after Thiago leaving. It really is a strange deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I'm happy Moyes is going after people like Fab and Thiago, as opposed to Strootman and Fellaini.

adox wrote: »
    Rarely played in his natural position though? <grasping>
    Might want to play more in midfield rather than up front or on wing.

If Barcelona accept a bid, indicating they don't mind if he stays/goes then I think he could be got - but if Barcelona don't want to sell I see no way he is going to force a move.

As said, I really don't see a logical way for this transfer to happen - just don't see Barcelona having any interest in selling another midfielder.

Ah yes. true. Forgot that he was often out of position. As you say and as Fabregas himself said, he would only consider leaving if Barca no longer wanted him i.e. accepted a bid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭barry194

I think Thiago going to Bayern was a bit of a wake up call for Moyes not to delay when making offers. Fabregas would be an immense signing!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

I'm happy Moyes is going after people like Fab and Thiago, as opposed to Strootman and Fellaini.

Will you be happy if he ends up with none of the four though?

When is the next pre-season firendly?

We have RVP back for it so we might be able to score this time! (looking at you, Welbeck!)

Trilla wrote: »
    Why?

because barca bought him for at least 35m, they arent suckers, they arent going to lose money from the deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

It would have to be a huge bid for Fabergas because Arsenal are due to receive 50 percent of his next transfer fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Lads when will some of you learn. We can't keep getting excited about these 'links'. It's showing our desperation as a club that we crave a CM so bad, we will get giddy about everything the press throw at us and drive traffic to their sites, articles, buy their papers etc when they run a 'United bid for INSERT ANY MIDFIELDER'.

Should we analyse it? Of course. Break it down and see what's in it. But we can't get over board like Thiago and take it as 'fact'.

Would Cesc be a great signing? Absolutely yes. Will he sign? Most probably not.

People getting giddy about tweets saying they have the same agent......then....oh wait...no they don't. None of this sh1te is reliable. Wait until a #MUFC official states that we are interested or have made a bid, then we can start getting excited and wondering if the player and club would consider it etc.

The Thiago saga has thought me a harsh lesson I should really know by now - Sports media / journalism is full of absolute nonsense, knobh&ads and b*llocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Headshot wrote: »
    because barca bought him for at least 35m, they arent suckers, they arent going to lose money from the deal

As a Barca fan , I would like to point out the whole Ibra transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Seems a strange move all around. They're offering less than Barcelona paid for him, there's little incentive professionaly for him to move to United and there's been no indication that he'd welcome the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

not a hope. It's a sick ploy imo. Why wait until the day after thiago goes? I could maybe understand if it was before that, as in: here barca, we'll take this lad you keep thiago and allow him the oppurtunities

but now?

nah. They know it's bollox. Easy way to take the heat off moyes.

Disgusting act tbh.

Plus he totally ruled it out earlier in the summer.

miralize wrote: »

There's a difference

Ibra wasnt wanted and fell out with Pep, Fab is the total opposite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

An exciting bid.

Denis Irwin seems to have been very on the ball when he said United would be in for Fabregas and Baines.
    It's possible that any sort of United enquiry or interest into Thiago was simply to do with their plan for a Fabregas bid as they knew Thiago's situation this summer might affect their plan.
    It's even possible Barca told United that they wanted to be clearer on Thiago's future before entertaining any bids.
    Thiago leaving probably doesn't help our Fabregas bid at all but have no doubt Utd will have put a lot of work into this one.

So many seem to have totally lost their heads in here lately. But good to see that many have kept theirs and are still talking sense.

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs..."

master-t wrote: »
    Wait until a #MUFC official states that we are interested o

Yep - United well known for commenting publically on transfers.

United have bid for Fabregas - you can take that as a fact at this point.

The distrust people have of the media is absolutely laughable at times.

Never in for Thiago, never in for Strootman...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

miralize wrote: »

Aren't you a Man United fan? I remember you posted a lot in this thread a couple of years ago.

master-t wrote: »
    Lads when will some of you learn. We can't keep getting excited about these 'links'. It's showing our desperation as a club that we crave a CM so bad, we will get giddy about everything the press throw at us and drive traffic to their sites, articles, buy their papers etc when they run a 'United bid for INSERT ANY MIDFIELDER'.

Should we analyse it? Of course. Break it down and see what's in it. But we can't get over board like Thiago and take it as 'fact'.

Would Cesc be a great signing? Absolutely yes. Will he sign? Most probably not.

People getting giddy about tweets saying they have the same agent......then....oh wait...no they don't. None of this sh1te is reliable. Wait until a #MUFC official states that we are interested or have made a bid, then we can start getting excited and wondering if the player and club would consider it etc.

The Thiago saga has thought me a harsh lesson I should really know by now - Sports media / journalism is full of absolute nonsense, knobh&ads and b*llocks.

Please keep waiting until our site confirms that we are interested in so and so player, like it ever happened or going to happen.

Go and check Ramsey story on official site, which proves even official site is not reliable.

Fabregas deal is reported by every possible major papers in UK and that's more than enough to say that there is some truth in it. Transfers are not always black and white saying if the deal happens then we were interested and if we don't sign then we were never interested. There are many other factors to consider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Cheeky bid for Joey Barton after the Fabregas saga falls flat?

Please keep waiting until our site confirms that we are interested in so and so player, like it ever happened or going to happen.

Go and check Ramsey story on official site, which proves even official site is not reliable.

Fabregas deal is reported by every possible major papers in UK and that's more than enough to say that there is some truth in it. Transfers are not always black and white saying if the deal happens then we were interested and if we don't sign then we were never interested. There are many other factors to consider.

The Ramsey report was reliable. We had agreed a deal for him subject to medical and personal terms.

We didn't agree personal terms in the end.

Yep - United well known for commenting publically on transfers.

United have bid for Fabregas - you can take that as a fact at this point.

Never in for Thiago, never in for Strootman...

Never in for Lucas or Hazard either. All tabloid bs.

It really isn't! the media is very easy to distrust.

I do think the bid happened by the way.

Retweet and response from Chris Atkins;
    Jonathan Johnson ‏@Jon_LeGossip 4m
    Marquinhos' agent has reportedly revealed that Manchester United have entered the race to sign the Roma man. #PSG #FCB #MUFC

Christopher Atkins ‏@Chris_Elastico 4m
    Sounds like agent talk to me...

• Advertisement

The Ramsey report was reliable. We had agreed a deal for him subject to medical and personal terms.

We didn't agree personal terms in the end.

I know. We even agreed personal terms but in the last min Wenger changed everything.

My point was going by his post, not even official site is reliable as the transfer was not completed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement