Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Superthread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    No. Mirror, Daily mail are hardly good sources and most of the papers just report very high figures just for the sake of it.

They're all reporting the same though?

And it's obviously not copied and pasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

master-t wrote: »
    So let's all agree that not one person on this forum knows what Nani or Rooney earns a week then.
    A 100% factual statement...on this thread...well I never:eek:

Back to Jones superb array of facial expressions...anyone else think he looks like the dude from Starship Troopers, Gary Busey's son iirc? or from the video of Pretty Fly for a White Guy?

-Pretty-Fly-For-a-White-Guy-the-offspring-29352075-1920-1080.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

They're all reporting the same though?

And it's obviously not copied and pasted.

Telegraph
    Wages, however, could easily present an insurmountable obstacle in any move to bring Nani to Arsenal. Nani is on £80,000 a week at United and would want an enhanced deal, thought to be around £130,000 a week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9770200/Arsene-Wenger-enters-chase-for-Manchester-United-winger-Nani.html

Cut short by 10K eh?
    Record say that Nani is currently negotiating a deal to remain at Old Trafford which would see him paid €5.2m a year,

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/nani-negotiating-to-renew-manchester-united-deal-on-5-2m-a-year-t

So Nani is negotiating deal to 5.2 Million Euro when he is being paid 5.8 Million Euro per year eh? makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Julez wrote: »
    Ha, I was going to edit it to say I don't mean my own money, but I though hey, the nice guys around here will get what I mean and leave it... :pac:

Ah come on that was too good to pass up!!!!

No. Telegraph and Sportswitness are hardly good sources.

See what I did there?

Is the independent a good enough source for you?

But Nani has proved himself again in this campaign and, with two years still to run on a contract believed to be for £90,000 a week, United appear ready to improve it – possibly to around £125,000 a week

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/nani-set-to-soar-up-uniteds-pay-scale-7537668.html

Nani is nowhere near that wages, reports that Young is close to that.

So Rooney is on 300K per week, strange how every month 50K adds up in his contract. From 180K to 220K to 250K to 300K now.

What are you basing the bolded part on? what are your sources? Are they good enough sources?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

What I want to know is what's the little boy inside of Fabregas screaming at him?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

jamc wrote: »
    What I want to know is what's the little boy inside of Fabregas screaming at him?

Eh if they wanted me so bad why were they after Thiago and then why the bid that's about 20M less than my value. I'm really excited now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

jamc wrote: »

It's probably calming reaffirming he starts for the club of his dreams who wins trophies every season and has just signed Neymar to play along with Messi.

Cesc Fabregas does not want to leave Barca, he's already said that. The ONLY way he becomes a Manchester United player is if:

-Barca tell us to up our bid if we want him, basically saying they don't care about him.
    -We up our bid and Barca force him out the door.
    -He doesn't want to play for Arsenal, a team he clearly still cares about, and instead is willing to go back to the Emirates on away days and get the same treatment RVP does. What I'm hearing from people who claim to be in the know, is that Arsenal have a buy back clause if the deal is equal or less to what Barca paid for him, if it's more, then Arsenal get 50% of the profit from the deal.

In short, we won't be signing Cesc Fabregas. Anyone who gets their hopes up about this one is setting themselves up for more disappointment. It's a totally far fetched bid, and I imagine we will hear in the next week that Barca have rejected our offer and we will move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I suspect a bid for a player is made after the player has indicated he might be willing to move. Not all cases, but many. Just a guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Have said all along Id prefer Fabregas, never thought it was a possibility, still don't in truth but hopefully there is a chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

To be honest I'm still laughing to myself that United have bid for him. Never in my wildest dreams thought they would. Its a hell of a nice thought having him in midfield and it would eclipse the shock from Van Persie's transfer imo.

Signing Fabregas is the most improbable transfer in Uniteds history.

I suspect a bid for a player is made after the player has indicated he might be willing to move. Not all cases, but many. Just a guess.

Thats the only way I can even see this making sense. If Fabregas somehow has alerted United to the possibility of joining them then this bid is brilliant. If its just a shot in the dark then this bid is mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

I'd personally give 5 m plus Rooney for fabregas, I'm sick of the Rooney crap, we managed without ronaldo and we certainly will manage without Rooney,

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Delboy5 wrote: »
    After the Thiago non-event, I think I'd be happy with a double sigining of Fellani and Fabregas this summer.....

Those 2 would be my dream signings for us for midfield.

Obviously Fabregas talent doesn't need to be talked about, everyone knows his quality, but I really think a lot of people on here underestimate how good Fellaini is purely because he is coming from Everton, as if Moyes would only be signing him because he already knows him.

Last year I was living in Belgium, and when it was reported we were in for Hazard i went to see the national team play Montenegro in a friendly a few days later.
    Hazard was pretty average that game but i fell in love with Fellaini that night and have been desperate for us to sign him since. He completely dominated the midfield that night playing in a more defensive role, winning tackle after tackle to regain possession, always making smart runs and passes then, and he even banged in 2 goals that night though they were both ruled out harshly enough.

I've watched plenty of Everton since to see him, and everything ive seen has reaffirmed my belief that he would be ideal for us. He is an absolute beast who wins back possession and aerial battles with ease, much cleverer and capable on the ball then people give him credit for as he is able to run with it and pick out good passes, I believe he has everything we need and are missing in the middle of the park, and I would be over the moon if we did sign him.

Bit of a long post out of the blue on Fellaini, but just posting because it seems to me there are some on here who think signing him would be a mistake, just trying to put the argument forward for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'd personally give 5 m plus Rooney for fabregas, I'm sick of the Rooney crap, we managed without ronaldo and we certainly will manage without Rooney,

Barca wouldn't touch Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

What are you basing the bolded part on? what are your sources? Are they good enough sources?

So daily mail, mirror are good sources? ok.

Like I said no media has any idea about player contracts. They just do the guess work apart from very few outlets.

What am i basing my guess work on? He signed contract in March/May 2010 when he only had good 3-4 months. So it's very unlikely that he would be paid as much as Evra and Vidic at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Barca wouldn't touch Rooney.

Ya I know , would be ideal though, it's Paris or Chelsea for Rooney

Obviously Fabregas talent doesn't need to be talked about, everyone knows his quality, but I really think a lot of people on here underestimate how good Fellaini is purely because he is coming from Everton, as if Moyes would only be signing him because he already knows him.

Last year I was living in Belgium, and when it was reported we were in for Hazard i went to see the national team play Montenegro in a friendly a few days later.
    Hazard was pretty average that game but i fell in love with Fellaini that night and have been desperate for us to sign him since. He completely dominated the midfield that night playing in a more defensive role, winning tackle after tackle to regain possession, always making smart runs and passes then, and he even banged in 2 goals that night though they were both ruled out harshly enough.

I've watched plenty of Everton since to see him, and everything ive seen has reaffirmed my belief that he would be ideal for us. He is an absolute beast who wins back possession and aerial battles with ease, much cleverer and capable on the ball then people give him credit for as he is able to run with it and pick out good passes, I believe he has everything we need and are missing in the middle of the park, and I would be over the moon if we did sign him.

Bit of a long post out of the blue on Fellaini, but just posting because it seems to me there are some on here who think signing him would be a mistake, just trying to put the argument forward for him.

I'm delighted you said it. I've also watched him probably more than any player other than Irish and United players and he really impresses me. Now if he'd just cut his bleedin hair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I don't want him until he cuts his hair:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

GSPfan wrote: »
    I'm delighted you said it. I've also watched him probably more than any player other than Irish and United players and he really impresses me. Now if he'd just cut his bleedin hair!

I'm a big fan myself. I have always been impressed whenever i have watched him play. If he came to Manutd he would step up to another level and improve further. I'm surprised that none of the tops clubs have come in for him yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

You really have to wonder about the timing of this bid from United for Cesc.

Seriously, why would you wait until now to do it? For instance, if this had happened early on, Barcelona could have then convinced Thiago to stay as he is place is now more secure with his direct competition out of the squad.

But with the loss of Thiago to Bayern Munich, Fabregas is surely required there more than ever no? And why now, only days after Thiago (a player Moyes says were werent interested in) would we place a bid for his team mate? All seems very coincidental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I have wanted Fellaini a long time. I am still shocked we have barely been linked to him i thought Moyes would have wanted to bring him in. Your post just reminded me why i want him so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Fantasy football is back :D Anyone setting up a United thread league?

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I have wanted Fellaini a long time. I am still shocked we have barely been linked to him i thought Moyes would have wanted to bring him in. Your post just reminded me why i want him so much.

I had a whacky theory on it. They are trying to get Baines first so that Everton dont have £23 million of the buy out clause in the bank and can say Fook Off. Pretend you've no interest in Fellaini, get Baines, and then return for him late on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Cesc and Fellaini in the same windows would be epic. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I had a whacky theory on it. They are trying to get Baines first so that Everton dont have £23 million of the buy out clause in the bank and can say Fook Off. Pretend you've no interest in Fellaini, get Baines, and then return for him late on.

Baines probably won't happen as we won't increase our offer and he won't ask for a transfer to force a move through apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

80 million. Cesc, Fellaini and Baines. Do it.

Cesc and Fellaini in the same windows would be epic. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Big mistake. Best expect failure to dull the pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Corvo wrote: »
    You really have to wonder about the timing of this bid from United for Cesc.

Seriously, why would you wait until now to do it? For instance, if this had happened early on, Barcelona could have then convinced Thiago to stay as he is place is now more secure with his direct competition out of the squad.

But with the loss of Thiago to Bayern Munich, Fabregas is surely required there more than ever no? And why now, only days after Thiago (a player Moyes says were werent interested in) would we place a bid for his team mate? All seems very coincidental.

I think one of two things have happened:

1) Thiago was gone to Bayern more than a week or two ago and United decided to Focus on Cesc as barca do need to lower their wage bill/balance books. and that the sources that knew we were in contact with barca assumed it was for thiago

or

2) its Paper/twitter BS trying to cover the fact they were wrong and are now using cesc as bait for views

Im going with 2 tbh but i would really love to be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

An embarrassing attempt at trying to save face over missing out on Thiago. Trying to prove we are still in for the top players. When season starts "We obviously tried to buy players but it didn't work out. The squad is still in great shape. Ando's year. Cleverly's year. Fletch will be back and can play without an arse. Phil Nev can come out of retirement in Jan if we need a centre mid."

I'm pessimistic today to be honest.

• Advertisement

NTMK wrote: »
    I think one of two things have happened:

1) Thiago was gone to Bayern more than a week or two ago and United decided to Focus on Cesc as barca do need to lower their wage bill/balance books. and that the sources that knew we were in contact with barca assumed it was for thiago

or

2) its Paper/twitter BS trying to cover the fact they were wrong and are now using cesc as bait for views

Im going with 2 tbh but i would really love to be wrong

1) I think from the way it is going, that maybe we weren't as strong on Thiago as the rumours suggest. There is a quote from Mazinho suggesting that "the United camp were split" which could be pointing toward Moyes not being 100% on him. If that's true, then Fabregas (remember Irwin's comments too) would be our main target. Problem of course could be that we have now left it too late.

2) I don't think it's BS, as it has originated from solid sources (BBC, Press Association, Sky Sports) and I don't think it is a smoke screen from United to save face. If anything, it would make us look worse. I do think that United received some form of encouragement from the Fabregas camp (again, remember Irwin said he wanted out of Barcelona badly) but the bid is insulting to be honest. Just go in and wrap it up. And why was it made public? By United or Barcelona? If United did make it public (and I think they did) then it was stupid

P.S. Rosell has an interview at 20:45, hopefully he is pushed into a few awkward questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Fletch will be back and can play without an arse.

That is an incredibly dickish thing to come out with.

That is an incredibly dickish thing to come out with.

Yeah I was just about to say the same. Bit insensitive.

So daily mail, mirror are good sources? ok.

Like I said no media has any idea about player contracts. They just do the guess work apart from very few outlets.

What am i basing my guess work on? He signed contract in March/May 2010 when he only had good 3-4 months. So it's very unlikely that he would be paid as much as Evra and Vidic at that time.

By all accounts I've seen Evra, Vidic and Nani are all on the same basic pay scale since 2010, before extras that is. £90,000 per week.

That's what I'm sticking with, we'll agree to disagree.

Vida gets about 133k a week

his contract is 6.395million a year

Evra is reported to be on 7.1million a year

kryogen wrote: »
    Vida gets about 133k a week

his contract is 6.395million a year

Evra is reported to be on 7.1million a year

6.395 million a year is 122k a week.

Where are you getting this from?

5 March 2013

The left-back was one of PSG's three primary targets for January and the 29-year-old Evra could have seen his £90,000-a-week salary increase by joining the club now lavishly funded by the Qatar Investment Authority.

Link
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-to-offer-patrice-evra-new-contract-after-failing-to-find-adequate-replacement-8521824.html

What do all you lads do for a living? Pretty sure half a dozen of you are in some sort of legal profession. Obsessed with facts and evidence and concrete sources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'm a football agent.

adox wrote: »
    I'm a football agent.

Could be worse, you could be a Clamper.

• Advertisement

Im a clam

Nevermind

6.395 million a year is 122k a week.

Where are you getting this from?

Apologies, mistype, meant to type 123k not 133k

Where am I getting it from? Similar places to yourself I suppose......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I did my leaving cert last month :p

I did my leaving cert last month :p

The most important exam you will sit in your life.

This year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What do all you lads do for a living? Pretty sure half a dozen of you are in some sort of legal profession. Obsessed with facts and evidence and concrete sources.

so smart ass. what do you do?;)

so smart ass. what do you do?;)

I service and fix Lifts.

Before anyone else says it ......... Its a good job but it has its ups and downs.

I'm an accountant at Newton, Heath & sons firm, mainly dealing with foreign investments and clients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Corvo wrote: »
    ? If United did make it public (and I think they did) then it was stupid

Why in gods name would UTD wanna make the bid public?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I see we're almost at the end again.
    Can we start making rules for the new thread?

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Apologies, mistype, meant to type 123k not 133k

Where am I getting it from? Similar places to yourself I suppose......

Have you a link because google gives me nothing :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement