Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Superthread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,946 ✭✭✭KH25

I'm an accountant at Newton, Heath & sons firm, mainly dealing with foreign investments and clients.

Good Sir, I wish to apply for a position in your company :P

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Chinpool wrote: »
    I see we're almost at the end again.
    Can we start making rules for the new thread?

Pogba can never be mentioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

GSPfan wrote: »
    I service and fix Lifts.

Before anyone else says it ......... Its a good job but it has its ups and downs.

Its a job it pays bills etc. thats all you want dude. More then a lot in this climate sadly.

I am back being student again in Cork doing a Software devlopment course.

Worked as a Fund Accountant in Dublin from 2007 to before I did this course couple months ago.(want change)

before that I worked for CNN helping do documentaries pretty much around the world. Sounds nice, but pretty much visited the biggest ****holes you could imagine and saw pretty much anything you could have nightmare about. Did that from July 2006 till got home in October 07. Long story how I ended up getting job. Have a Tipp man to thank for it.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'm an accountant at Newton, Heath & sons firm, mainly dealing with foreign investments and clients.

Yeah well I have a van. So there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Why in gods name would UTD wanna make the bid public?

Possibilities off the top of my head

PR
    Angle shooting
    Forcing Barca/Fab to comment on it?

Probably plenty more tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Its a job it pays bills etc. thats all you want dude. More then a lot in this climate sadly.

Worked as a Fund Accountant in Dublin from 2007 to before I did this course couple months ago.(want change)

before that I worked for CNN helping do documentaries pretty much around the world. Sounds nice, but pretty much visited the biggest ****holes you could imagine and saw pretty much anything you could have nightmare about. Did that from July 2006 till got home in October 07. Long story how I ended up getting job. Have a Tipp man to thank for it.:pac:

How long the course? 4 years?

Have you a link because google gives me nothing :)

Google

Nemanja Vidic weekly wage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

kryogen wrote: »
    Google

Nemanja Vidic weekly wage

:confused:

And to add to that Kryogen the first 7 links of that say £90,000

And I've not seen anything other then that.

My google and yours are giving different results so :)

I just found it strange that google was giving you nothing, had you not tried that?

Use it as a start point if you are bothered enough and you will see plenty of reports on his and other players salaries.

For me, its generally just speculation and figures vary a hell of a lot sometimes

Rooneys one is a good example, its gone from being generally reported as 175-180k a week, 220k, 250k and now somehow in the 300k bracket

Insane variations tbh

• Advertisement

And I've not seen anything other then that.

Ill put up one link for you that has it at the 122k one so, for arguments sake

Ill take the first one that pops up.......

http://matchincome.com/2012/12/19/nemanja-vidic-salary-monthly-and-annual-income-of-nemanja-vidic-footballer/

There you go (ignore the commas being in the wrong place with the figures ha)

My google and yours are giving different results so :)

I just found it strange that google was giving you nothing, had you not tried that?

Use it as a start point if you are bothered enough and you will see plenty of reports on his and other players salaries.

For me, its generally just speculation and figures vary a hell of a lot sometimes

Rooneys one is a good example, its gone from being generally reported as 175-180k a week, 220k, 250k and now somehow in the 300k bracket

Insane variations tbh

I did google Nani, Evra and Vidic all reports I've seen say they're all getting 90,000 a week before bonus.

I haven't see anything else to say otherwise so far.

Look one post up :)

Look one post up :)

It says he's getting €14,450 a week in that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

Where were you fund accounting? I've been doing it since 09, certainly not the most fun or stressless job in the world!

It says he's getting €14,450 a week in that

I did say the commas are clearly in the wrong place no?

You wanted a source, there ya go, roughly as reliable as the mail or the mirror to me tbh

I did say the commas are clearly in the wrong place no?

You wanted a source, there ya go, roughly as reliable as the mail or the mirror to me tbh

There's only one place you can put a comma in the number 14,450.

If that's the only source I'm sticking with Nani, Evra and Vidic all on 90k a week, which is what every source other than that one says. Majority rule and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

I service and fix Lifts.

Before anyone else says it ......... Its a good job but it has its ups and downs.

That joke is wrong on so many levels

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

What do all you lads do for a living? Pretty sure half a dozen of you are in some sort of legal profession. Obsessed with facts and evidence and concrete sources.

I'm a gynecologist. Tough business to crack into, hard to find an opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

mitosis wrote: »
    That joke is wrong on so many levels
    Don't know about that. Elevated the mood for me anyway. Tried to bring the thread's humour up a few levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I think I may have overpayed :p

http://imgur.com/dPofmVo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Aye, me too!

SeanKennedyNews_Inbox.png

Ironically I picked up Thiago in my first season with United all before this real life saga began. Might loan him out to to one of my shitty affiliate clubs for the remainder of his contract the little shit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Yeah you should have bought a playstation :D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Wilshires agent from last Friday before any cesc talk....

@jeffnorthlondon

Do not like the noises coming out of Manchester tonight about an ex #Arsenal number 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Any intersting points from the Rosell interview tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Tomorrow's Guardian is going with Fellaini and Fabregas to Utd.

Wasn't keen on Fellaini if he was going to be the only signing but I think that we would have a great trio if we had those two and Carrick.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/manchester-united-target-evertons-fellaini-barcelonas-fabregas-for-50m-guardian/#.UeRiIISfNDY.twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Used to be a nav rat myself. I'd say over half of business course grads end up as one at some stage...makes you appreciate life after that much more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Wilshires agent from last Friday before any cesc talk....

@jeffnorthlondon

Do not like the noises coming out of Manchester tonight about an ex #Arsenal number 4!

Am i right in saying that the general consensus is that IF united offer enough money, club and player would be willing to do a deal?

fingers crossed we can pull off this one, would be a massive coup for us and would fall into the minimum one marquee signing per year i was talking about yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fellani-Fabregas and Carrick with Clev,Ando as back up would be pretty decent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

GK1001 wrote: »
    Used to be a nav rat myself. I'd say over half of business course grads end up as one at some stage...makes you appreciate life after that much more

Hang on, you mean there's life after?? Where do I sign up to get out!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Am i right in saying that the general consensus is that IF united offer enough money, club and player would be willing to do a deal?

fingers crossed we can pull off this one, would be a massive coup for us and would fall into the minimum one marquee signing per year i was talking about yesterday.

I don't think so. I wish so but I can't see why Cesc would want to leave Barca. Its his hometown and he grew up in La Masia. Sky News just showed a video of him in Dec 2011 where he said he hoped to stay at Barca for a long time and the only other club he would play for is the Gunners. I now its a few years old now but he seemed pretty convincing that he would be loyal to the Gunners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I thought Wilshere didn't have an agent?

TheTownie wrote: »
    How long the course? 4 years?

It's over the summer with chance to go on and do diploma in september if get this.

If I do will try do it at night and get back working then.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I thought Wilshere didn't have an agent?

Last I heard he's part of the same agency as Baines, Cahill, and Lennon. Don't know which way it works

dahat wrote: »

Must.Not.Get.Hopes.Up :(

• Advertisement

GK1001 wrote: »

My eyes are tired and I read this first time as "Used to be a SAT NAV myself." Thought that was weird.

Must.Not.Get.Hopes.Up :(

Out of everyone in here you definitely need to keep your hopes down. Your still on the rebound from the Thiago break up.

VW 1 wrote: »
    Where were you fund accounting? I've been doing it since 09, certainly not the most fun or stressless job in the world!

I did work in Citco for year in between the place I worked before and after.

I dont want mention where cause I hate place and they only hunt me down:pac: but it used to be just up from Coppers.

have mates working in Citco, State street and BNY and they all enjoy it.

I guess you either like it or dont. Once I got to supervisior my life just became full on to company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

dahat wrote: »
    It's amazing how 2 potential signings changes an unspectacular midfield into a pretty bitchin' one.

As improbable as it seems... Never mind, I didn't get my hopes up for Thiago, and I won't get my hopes up for these either. I just wish we could fast-forward our asses into the new season so we can get back to enjoying the sport being played as opposed to speculating on the off-field business end of it.

I really started to develop a hatred of transfer windows over the last few years, it's all boring, frustrating, disappointing crap. Just tell me the squad on the 2nd of September or whatever it is this year, and let us deal with it.

Out of everyone in here you definitely need to keep your hopes down. Your still on the rebound from the Thiago break up.

4 years of let down man does that to you, Thiago is just another on a long list.

eitherway, i just hope the Fabregas thing is a quick one, which ever way it goes. last thing we need is for it to drag for a few weeks and then nothing.

• Advertisement

The Thiago deal has left me numb inside. I can't get excited about any more transfer rumours.....until next summer.

Jesus Phil.

You'd swear he was doing it on purpose now.

8MGcU00.jpg

I bet you Welbeck couldn't finish his....wahey.

Honestly what chance have we of Fabregas?

I say about 2%. A chance, but very slim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,707 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I find it weird that we never bidded for Thiago but now we bid for Fab. Its strange. I wonder do utd talk to the agents first before seeing is there any chance of a move and then if that goes well make a bid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I'd say Thaigo was just smoke and mirrors for the announcement that Giggs feels ready for a full season as a CM

Honestly what chance have we of Fabregas?

I say about 2%. A chance, but very slim.

well its much bigger than 2% for starters considering that the bid seems to have gone in and almost 12 hours later, Barca have yet to say "he is not for sale".

only a small factor of course, but at least the interest is there and while it is, we have a decent chance im sure.

any indication around that Arsenal would want him back?

well its much bigger than 2% for starters considering that the bid seems to have gone in and almost 12 hours later, Barca have yet to say "he is not for sale".

only a small factor of course, but at least the interest is there and while it is, we have a decent chance im sure.

any indication around that Arsenal would want him back?

I hope your right.

If Fabregas does come it will have been worth 6 years to buy proper CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Headshot wrote: »
    I find it weird that we never bidded for Thiago but now we bid for Fab. Its strange. I wonder do utd talk to the agents first before seeing is there any chance of a move and then if that goes well make a bid?

It was reported that you bid for Thiago though wasn't it? :confused:

In fact, many of the same places reporting the bid for Fabregas were saying the Thiago signing was pretty much done & dusted. Further along than a mere bid in my view.

Re: Fabregas, the most interesting thing is the timing.

Supposed Utd target signs for Bayern. Utd fans are dismayed.
    Turn off Sky Sports News
    Stop frequenting paper sites etc
    CESC BID!!!!!!!

Traffic/viewership back up instantly.

It's incredibly transparent.

I hope your right.

If Fabregas does come it will have been worth 6 years to buy proper CM.

from just reading a few other forums, the general consensus of most if not all United fans is that Fabregas deal will not happen, though i think that most of the pessimism is based on the Thiago move to Bayern.

it would certainly be a welcome surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Headshot wrote: »

Under SAF over the last several years, generally we didn't bid for a player unless the target seemed open to coming.

I'm sure clubs tap players up all the time before they go through the bother of negotiating a fee.

The Thiago deal was a bit different as it wasn't a case of really needing to bid for him. The most important thing was his approval to join the club, then the fee was easily sorted due to the release clause being present. Once Bayern got the green light, it was tied up in a few days after minor negotiations to get around paying the release clause tax.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement