Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More newbie questions

Options
  • 12-05-2013 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

After doing some research on this forum I got a Kanger T2. I started to use this today and have a few queries/questions.

I started with Swedish Fish 20mg. I only filled it with a small amount (about 20%) as lots on here seem to recommend trying out different flavours at the beginning so I didn't want to have to use all the Swedish Fish before trying another.

I took slow long drags and then inhaled into my lungs and did get a vapour inhale and exhale but it felt very very dry. It also seemed too strong for me as it really went to my head (normally smoke 12 -15 Marlboro Lights a day) but at the same time not sure I got the throat hit that everyone seems to talk about, again it just seemed to have a drying sensation on my throat/mouth.

Another few things I was wondering about:

1) It made a gurgling kind of noise when I held down the button, is this normal?
    2) Is it ok to hold it vertical or do I need to hold it horizontal so the liquid is at wick end?

Not sure I'm explaining myself very well but I guess I'd just like some feedback on the above and to know if I'm doing anything wrong!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Vaping dries the throat much more than smoking you need to be drinking lots of water

Do you mean gurgling or spitting, spitting is normal means its working

you can hold it vertical but may need to tip it now and again to keep the wicks wet

you may need to drop to a lower mg, try a few until you find the one you like same as the flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

You might want to put more than 20% of liquid in to keep the wicks wet because the t2 has its wick and coil at the top.
    For changing flavours you really need to clean out the t2 and change the head, or clean the head with alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭SuperStarHoney

Thanks for the replies.

It is more of a spitting...how do I clean out the T2, rinse with hot water ok? I'll order some more heads for trying other flavours.

Getting a bit more used to it now and not finding it as drying but definitely think I need to move down to a lower nicotine level.

I want to use the e-cig as a means to stop smoking so I'm hoping to slowly decrease to nicotine free, would you recommend any liquids that have a bigger variety in their nicotine levels? The Wingnuts just seem to be 20 & 12mg.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

A lot of liquids are now offering 0 Nicotine and wingnuts will also do 0 Nic if you ask them

Cleaning you can use Hot water or Vodka. A lot of people are using Ultrasonic cleaners as well, they work pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Thanks for the replies.

It is more of a spitting...

I want to use the e-cig as a means to stop smoking so I'm hoping to slowly decrease to nicotine free, would you recommend any liquids that have a bigger variety in their nicotine levels? The Wingnuts just seem to be 20 & 12mg.

The spitting thing is pretty common due to the way the coil heats up, the juice quickly bursts into vapour.

Lower nic juices are hard to come by but some people recently posted where to get lower nic juices. I just can't remember where.. Hopefully someone will chime in again with that info.

Best thing to do might be to message a few vendors. They are all on facebook, or via their websites.

e-smokeireland
    vaporium
    the best shop
    ezsmoke

would be a good place to start, message them all and hopefully you'll get sorted out

however best thing to do would be to keep some 16mg + nic juice on hand for those times you get a craving so you don't turn back to the cigs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Vaperus.ie have a lot of high quality juices too. I'm sure some may be 0 nic.

Actually, they've a lot of nice mods on there too. Was browsing them over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

E-smokeireland will make lower nic juices if you ask in the comments section of your order.

I found vaping very drying for about 2 weeks but after that it was fine. A lot can depend on the juice too - some of the sweeter/sharper flavours I feel on my throat more than say vanilla/caramel type ones.

Best thing to do starting off is not buy too much of any one liquid - try as many as you can to see what suits.

If the juices are similar I just rinse the clearomiser out and leave to dry for 24 hours before filling again. Some juices, mainly strong menthol or coffee flavours, just hang around though and you'll need to replace the head when trying new juices

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

The Best Shop's premium liquids are available at 0mg nic and I their standard juices are too. I got some last week as I'm trying to get my nic level down to 0 so I'm adding some 0mg to 12mg juices to cut it down. So far the juices are nice too - I particularly liked the amaretto.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 whiteeyes2

ok was having a look around
    can i ask why is there such a differ in prices with the online shops
    a kit was recomended on another post
    some places are cheaper dose that mean the product are of a cheap make and not genuine

i want to get a good kit one that will last few weeks
    would prefer a shop that i can go see what i buying

ovale in gardiner street in dublin is a place you can do that

east coast vapers in bray

vaperus in mullingar in cavan are also very good. probably one of the better walk in places that exist right now.

where do you live? That would help :) :P

Prices as long as you buy from one of the places mentioned above e-smokeireland, the best shop, vaperus, also ezsmoke are great, the prices are all pretty much the same and the quality and standard of service are as good as they come.

A good brand for starter kits is Joyetech, but as long as you get a good brand name, Innokin, Kanger, there are so many really, and not some chinese knock off, you're good to go.

• Advertisement

mullingar which is in county westmeath not cavan

while dublin easy to get to once there parking is a nightmare you could spend more time looking for good parking than the lenght of time it takes to get there
    i travel all over ireland and trust me when i say i rather drive a country road full of pot holes than try and find parking in dublin and once you do find some you stuck walking in crap weather

Sorry not mullingar!

Vaperus = Mullgah, Cavan

should i get 1 or 2 kits
    can the batteries charge in the car safely i do be on the road a fair bit

You should get a kit and you should get spare of everything. Spare batteries, atomisers, chargers, liquid. Vaping gear does have a limited life space. Plus it's easy to lose an ecig and find it again two weeks later. Definitely get at least two, or three of everything.

Charging in the car I Dunno. I never do. Unless someone on here has an answer I'd say call the shop and they can tell you definitely either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ben36

Buy spares for your spares,that's my advice.I got caught the hard way when i started out only having the 2 batteries and 1 of them dropping and breaking on Xmas Eve.Only had the 1 battery to last me over the Xmas period with everywhere closed but got through it without smoking and now have 5 or 6 of everything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Buy spares for your spares,that's my advice

+10000000000

Think about how many times you've needed to borrow a lighter or bum a fag (oh errr) when you were smoking...

Now factor in the chances of someone loaning you a battery, juice or atomizer when you don't have one to hand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭pavb2

Thought I'd tag my question onto this thread it is a bit of how long piece of string question.

I've got Eco dual coil cartomisers been using on & off for 6 months so how do I know when they need replacing?

I ask because now there doesn't seem to be as much difference in taste between the juices as there was before. Is this an indication that I need to replace?

Cartomisers have this kind of white filling instead them right

That filling eventually soaks up so many different flavours from the different flavour juices you've been using, it's no longer clean. So you're going to get what we call 'flavour creep' in the vaping community.

What's more surprising is the actually coils inside the cartomiser are still working. Usually they can die after a few weeks. Like the filament on a light bulb eventually with all the electricity that passes through them, they'll just break.

Most of the time I toss my cartomisers out before it gets to that stage. I usually toss them after a couple of weeks of on and off use. Usually I'll have a couple of cartos, a couple of clearos and a dripper on the go. So really never keep them that long. You can get a 5 pack or cartomisers for about €7.95 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭pavb2

Thanks I reckon I've got my moneys worth will get another few

Advertisement