Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shih tzu pup

• 12-05-2013 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I recently lost my shih tzu dog and am keen to get a new puppy! I want to get a shih tzu of a good breeder I live in Leitrim but will travel for a good pup! Does anybody know good shih tzu breeders?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Contact Mr Craig and he'll be able to tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Baileyh89

Thank you! I have been trying to contact him since yesterday and I can't get in contact with him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Baileyh89 wrote: »
    Thank you! I have been trying to contact him since yesterday and I can't get in contact with him!

Probably because he may be busy as there was a show up North today. Try again during the week. Us dog people are generally pretty busy at the weekends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

These are KC Assured Breeders of Shih Tzu north of the border as well:

County Down

County Antrim

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Baileyh89

I got through to Marshall however there are no puppies available til at least September! I would like to have one sooner than that I am reluctant to go down the done deal route is this the only option if I don't want to wait?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I got through to Marshall however there are no puppies available til at least September! I would like to have one sooner than that I am reluctant to go down the done deal route is this the only option if I don't want to wait?

Very often there is a wait for quality puppies. Bitches only come into heat twice a year and decent reputable people don't actually breed that often.

I've people waiting a year on puppies that are due in 2 weeks.

Did you ask this guy if he knew any other reputable breeders that were expecting a litter? Has he got a waiting list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

What about the ones north of the border - Have you contacted them yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Just be patient and wait for the right pup. It will be worth it in the end.
    Don't rush into buying one from some crappy done deal just because you 'want one right away'. Think about where your money is going and who it will be supporting. That is more important than you having to wait a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Please don't be offended by this, typed things can be misunderstood on the internet, as you can't hear tone but, and I'm not attacking you at all :) My parents recently bought a new suite of furniture and had to wait 9 weeks for it, from order to delivery. Its not unusual to have to wait that long for things that are made to order, and I think that waiting a few months for the right member of your family, that hopefully will be part of your life for at least 10 years is really not too much to expect. It means that the breeding has been thought about, and that there isn't a group of little bitches in a shed or cage somewhere, constantly being bred from.

Maybe take the time to get to know the breeder, see their adult dogs, see if you like how they interact with the world, and get a relationship going with them, so that, if, during your dog's lifetime you need help or advice, you will be able to talk to them.

Advertisement