Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poacher trampled by elephant

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

HA!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Good riddance.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

Agreed, a proper outcome for the poacher, but now we have a potentially wounded jumbo out there that is very pissed off with humans! :eek:

There is very little that can be done to identify which elephant unless there are overt signs to show any injuries. If it can be found it can be treated.

An elephant with a grudge is likely to react very unpredictably in the future! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

REXER wrote: »
    Agreed, a proper outcome for the poacher, but now we have a potentially wounded jumbo out there that is very pissed off with humans! :eek:

There is very little that can be done to identify which elephant unless there are overt signs to show any injuries. If it can be found it can be treated.

An elephant with a grudge is likely to react very unpredictably in the future! :(
    Was thinkin this myself
    Problem with poachers like that is the weapons they use are not suited for taking down an elephant with one shot so there may well be more wounds on it than expected
    And also a elephant wounded and pi55ed off could also be a lot more aggressive to the other members of the herd taking anger out on younger elephants and potentially killing them
    Can also be easy for a healthy pride of lions to hunt it aswell
    Either way good outcome for the poacher but bad one for the elephant and best thing now is for someone to identify it and either tranq it and somehow help it or put it out of its misery properly and humanely
    I hunt myself and hate seen any animal suffer

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

I hunt myself and hate seen any animal suffer

Yet you don't mind ending their life.............

• Advertisement

Yet you don't mind ending their life.............

One of them are ya

Just think your comment is a bit hypocritical!

And ya I don't agree with hunting, unless your going to hunt without any modern day advantages!!

Just think your comment is a bit hypocritical!

And ya I don't agree with hunting, unless your going to hunt without any modern day advantages!!

How is it hypocritical?
    I'm not a poacher. I won't shoot an animal unless I'm sure it's a clean kill same as most hunters so there is no suffering its a clean kill and it died without going through any horrible death
    This lad clearly shot at the elephant with a rifle not suited and not powerful enough to drop the elephant with one shot therefore is going to suffer a lot

I won't shoot an animal unless I'm sure it's a clean kill same as most hunters so there is no suffering its a clean kill and it died without going through any horrible death

Can you guarantee a clean kill every time.........

The hypocrisy I see, is that you hate seeing animals suffer, yet you don't mind ending their life?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

How is it hypocritical?
    I'm not a poacher. I won't shoot an animal unless I'm sure it's a clean kill same as most hunters so there is no suffering its a clean kill and it died without going through any horrible death
    This lad clearly shot at the elephant with a rifle not suited and not powerful enough to drop the elephant with one shot therefore is going to suffer a lot

Last week you were giving your expert opinion on shooting foxes and this week you've gone one better and your now an expert on shooting Elephants.:rolleyes:

Take no notice of him lads he's making it up as he goes along.:D

• Advertisement

Last week you were giving your expert opinion on shooting foxes and this week you've gone one better and your now an expert on shooting Elephants.:rolleyes:

Take no notice of him lads he's making it up as he goes along.:D

No last week I clearly put up a thread on best time to shoot foxes considering I am no expert
    Was clearly not given advice but looking for it
    And I think it's pretty clear what this animal was shot with
    Wasn't giving expert opinion on shooting elephants
    Really mate your getting lower with every post you give and no one is taking any notice of you now
    You started on another lad other day over a decent shot on a fox
    Bit low ain't ya
    Good luck with that though

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Last time I checked this thread has nothing to do with dodderangler so please stop discussing them and stick to the topic. Discuss the post not the poster. Anymore getting personal will result in infractions & bans, one warning has already been handed out.

Advertisement