Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gyne

Options
  • 12-05-2013 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

Just out of curiosity can a gyne prescribe Clomid or do you have to attend fertility clinic??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭justaskin likeyakno

Hi,

A gynae can prescribe clomid but I wouldn't recommend it unless he/she is going to monitor you fully and give you the right dose and instructions.

From a personal experience my gynae made a huge mistake giving it to me and I have also seen GPs prescribe it with bad results.

Please make sure your partner has been given the all clear before you take any medication to boost fertility and that you are monitored with blood work and scans.

I don't mean to alarm you but it isn't a very nice drug to take and without proper guidance can have long lasting side effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Iv already had a baby through Clomid so I know it works me and hubby were told there's no reason we couldn't get pregnant and we did hubby is perfect and I'm lazy lol

I just don't want to travel to Dublin every month if I can do it close to home

Advertisement