Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lousy BB's????

• 12-05-2013 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

Had a great days skirmishing at Redhills today. The only hiccup was my gun appearing to act up intermittently when it wouldn't fire and then on the next shot two bbs would pop out and fall to the ground after about 10 metres. I changed the battery and that didn't help but when I inserted an old mag that had King Arms bbs in it, all was well and good again. The Lonex mags I'd been using up to then had "Silent but Deadly" bbs in them (I won these a couple of weeks ago in Special Ops in Carlow). I'm pretty sure these bbs are the cause of my guns issues today. Has anyone else used these bbs before and did you have issues with them? I've always used King Arms up to now and I'm only using these other ones as they were free. However I think I'll consign them to the bin as they appear to be messing with my gun.

Any opinions??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

If you use m203's, thunder b's or other grenades dave I'd recommend you use them on these rather than dumping them. I had the same problem with bio's a while ago and that's how I still got bang for my buck so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

While I got them for free, I'd hate to just bin them. However compared to my usual King Arms bbs, they're bloody awful. Even the marshals at Redhills couldn't believe the difference between the two bb types yesterday when I switched mags. The SBD's were double feeding and dropping after 10-15 metres whereas the King Arms were flawless and shooting out to 50 metres (I've a tbb and new hop up rubber and nub which helps the GR15 to average 320fps).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

they're bad because they were free Dave :P or free because they're bad, either way:rolleyes: seriously though, there is no point in keeping them if they don't work. Use them in a grenade or claymore like darren said. be much better off :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

i got sbd bb's at xmass when i bought a package deal at mia, the 25g were fine in my l96, not one jam or that, not sure if it was that my gun didnt have a tbb, but i thought they were good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

These are .23's but I won't be using them in my gun again. Luckily I also won a Thunder B starter pack with the SBD bbs so I'll use them in the grenades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Haven't used that brand myself.
    I use Blasters a lot. But there .23s are total muck and block in just about every tbb I use. They seem to be egg shaped.

There 2s and 25s are perfect and never jammed.

If you want .23s I can't recommend the Marui ones enough.
    Brilliant bbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Rooky1 wrote: »
    Haven't used that brand myself.
    I use Blasters a lot. But there .23s are total muck and block in just about every tbb I use. They seem to be egg shaped.

There 2s and 25s are perfect and never jammed.

If you want .23s I can't recommend the Marui ones enough.
    Brilliant bbs.

Any idea where you find the TM .23s, can't seem to find them anywhere. How about .23 Excels, any idea are they as good as .20s they make?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

My apologies, lack of sleep has my brain turning to mush.
    I meant Excells. They were the only bbs I used to use in my pistols, Marui ages and ptw.

Advertisement