Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers on June 1st, please vote on venue! :D

Options
  • 12-05-2013 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

Since feck all of you suggested venues to be added to the poll, I'm just going to go ahead and make a poll and add whatever places I can think of. If you have suggestions, post them.

:)

Where would you like to get drunk? 59 votes

The Workman's.
    0%
    Grand Social.
    5%
    daheffPapillon!Dont Be Talking Shyte 3 votes
    Doyles.
    6%
    Papillon!OrimRhoDoDenDronDont Be Talking Shyte 4 votes
    Howl at the Moon.
    8%
    RossFixxxedShagNastiihdowneyEsoteric_Dont Be Talking Shyte 5 votes
    Foggy Dew.
    6%
    hdowneyEsoteric_HannibalDont Be Talking Shyte 4 votes
    Club Hell.
    11%
    Lawros TacheRaminahobbinPapillon!pot pMcChubbinEsoteric_Dont Be Talking Shyte 7 votes
    That tea place that RhoDoDenDron mentioned for pre-drinking tea!
    8%
    jenizzleCupcake_CrisisAngronhdowneyDont Be Talking Shyte 5 votes
    The Woolshed.
    11%
    MrManOrimhdowneyEsoteric_BetterThanThouRhoDoDenDronDont Be Talking Shyte 7 votes
    Porterhouse, Temple Bar or Nassau Street.
    13%
    P_1girl_fridayAdibooOrimMcChubbinEsoteric_munster87Dont Be Talking Shyte 8 votes
    Czech Inn.
    10%
    RossFixxxedirish_goatDepphdowneyEsoteric_Dont Be Talking Shyte 6 votes
    Bernard Shaw
    6%
    RossFixxxedhdowneyEsoteric_Dont Be Talking Shyte 4 votes
    Market Bar
    10%
    Samuri Suicidextal191OrimMarty McFlyhdowneyDont Be Talking Shyte 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I voted Foggy Dew or The Woolshed, mainly because they're only two places I'm familiar with. :) Also, Woolshed do pitchers of Cosmopolitans and I feel like shirking the self-imposed alcohol ban for one night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Bernard Shaw
    I'm sticking with my self imposed alcohol ban, so I don't really care where we go. As such, I've just voted for a load of the places I posted. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Woolshed's pretty cool. Liable to be full of Brazillian footy fans too which may or may not be a bonus

Bernard Shaw
    The bouncer and the bar staff are all sound in the Woolshed.

It's an over 21s venue, though my younger sister and her friends have never had an issue getting in once they were with me because I get along well with the bouncer.

Sound barstaff is also a plus. Haven't been there in a while, used to live there for cure pints and pizza when I was living in town mind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Will try and make this one :) Don't really mind where it is only been to a couple of those places anyway. Oh I'm not 21 though :o

Bernard Shaw
    Will try and make this one :) Don't really mind where it is only been to a couple of those places anyway. Oh I'm not 21 though :o

If it's a 21s venue that isn't too strict (like the Woolshed), we can exchange numbers and I can meet you outside, or down the road, and walk up together. None of the under 21 people I know have ever been refused from the Woolshed with me.

The bouncer actually told me that he'd never bar me because I make him laugh when I'm drunk. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Market Bar

Someone make sure to book a kiddies table :P

I'm fairly good for anywhere. Woolshed does good platters so that's a bonus. Also pitchers. Yeah I guess I'm favour of the woolshed.

Although I do like the idea of that tea place.

Bernard Shaw
    I like the idea of the tea place myself. We could always go there in the early evening to chat and stuff, then move on for alcohol (or Diet Coke in my case!). :)

Orim wrote: »
    Someone make sure to book a kiddies table :P

I'm fairly good for anywhere. Woolshed does good platters so that's a bonus. Also pitchers. Yeah I guess I'm favour of the woolshed.

Although I do like the idea of that tea place.

Of beer only this time around I trust :P

• Advertisement

Bernard Shaw
    P_1 wrote: »

Since I'm the one organising this beers too, I have to make one rule -

Orim is hereby banned from drinking whiskey.

:pac:

Market Bar

Not a chance. They do pitchers of Morgans :D
    Esoteric_ wrote: »

Orim is hereby banned from drinking whiskey.

Don't care. See above :P

The tea place seems like a good idea to me, haven't been there in years

Bernard Shaw
    Not a chance. They do pitchers of Morgans :D

Don't care. See above :P

Captain Morgans is rum..... Lrn 2 alcohol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pitchers of Jack Daniels.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

The Woolshed.
    Tea Place and Woolshed sounds cool, although I'd be a bit apprehensive about it being over 21s. Still, I'm well-dressed and bearded so I can't imagine them taking issue with me :p

Bernard Shaw
    Tea Place and Woolshed sounds cool, although I'd be a bit apprehensive about it being over 21s. Still, I'm well-dressed and bearded so I can't imagine them taking issue with me :p

As long as it's the usual bouncer (chubby, bald guy called Eddie), you'll be fine.

I do think we should have a rule in place though. If people are refused, we all move on to another pub? I don't think it'd be fair to the under 21s here if we left them alone if they were refused anywhere.

Sounds fair

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, seems only fair. We shouldn't shun the youth :P

Bernard Shaw
    Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, seems only fair. We shouldn't shun the youth :P

Of course you'd say that, you're younger than most of us! :p

• Advertisement

Hey, I'm old enough to get into a 21s place! :P

Angron wrote: »
    Hey, I'm old enough to get into a 21s place! :P

Quiet whippersnapper :p

Market Bar
    Captain Morgans is rum..... Lrn 2 alcohol.

that's why I don't care if I can't drink whiskey.

And yeah move on if anyone doesn't get in but assuming a group of us are coming from tea place and nobody's dressed badly it should be fine.

Bernard Shaw
    that's why I don't care if I can't drink whiskey.

And yeah move on if anyone doesn't get in but assuming a group of us are coming from tea place and nobody's dressed badly it should be fine.

As long as we don't go in looking like body modded rockers we'll be fine....

Fúck.

My wardrobe consists pretty much solely of jeans and metal band t-shirts.

Bugger. :pac:

It's grand, everyone just wear Santos jerseys and speak Portuguese on the way up :pac:

Bernard Shaw
    Mine's mainly minidresses, body con skirts, heels and work out clothes. :pac: I'm such a girl.

I don't think I'll wear heels this time. I stumbled three times last time. One time was the hole in the ground's fault, though. :mad:

Mine's mainly minidresses, body con skirts, heels and work out clothes. :pac: I'm such a girl.

I don't think I'll wear heels this time. I stumbled three times last time. One time was the hole in the ground's fault, though. :mad:

Excuses excuses :pac:

Bernard Shaw
    Excuses excuses :pac:

It genuinely was. :pac: I fully admit the other two times were because I was stupid and not looking where I was going (one) and drunk (two), but the third one really was a feckin' hole in the ground! And CC kept calling me a liar even though she was next to me! :(

You know what? Fcuk you guys. I'm not going to the beers. :( I'll stumble and fall over at home!

• Advertisement

It genuinely was. :pac: I fully admit the other two times were because I was stupid and not looking where I was going (one) and drunk (two), but the third one really was a feckin' hole in the ground! And CC kept calling me a liar even though she was next to me! :(

You know what? Fcuk you guys. I'm not going to the beers. :( I'll stumble and fall over at home!

Advertisement