Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers on June 1st, please vote on venue! :D

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Bernard Shaw
    That's exactly it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Porterhouse, Temple Bar or Nassau Street.
    Oh cheer up :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That tea place that RhoDoDenDron mentioned for pre-drinking tea!
    In what I can only call messing up reading a calender, a party I thought was this coming week is actually the week after. Assuming I haven't died from the parties, and still have money left, I should still be able to go, but I'm not 100%.

Bernard Shaw
    Angron wrote: »
    In what I can only call messing up reading a calender, a party I thought was this coming week is actually the week after. Assuming I haven't died from the parties, and still have money left, I should still be able to go, but I'm not 100%.

You are not cancelling! You've had ages to prepare for this! :p Ah seriously though, hope you can make it. :) Who else will keep me company when I get there early? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I presume we're talking about the Woolshed on Parnell Street, yes? Sound.
    What time would be best to meet up? I'm in two minds about the tea place as I don't smoke though I'd be interested in trying shisha for the sheer experience of it. :/
    Now I have to figure out what to wear!

• Advertisement

Bernard Shaw
    McChubbin wrote: »
    I presume we're talking about the Woolshed on Parnell Street, yes? Sound.
    What time would be best to meet up? I'm in two minds about the tea place as I don't smoke though I'd be interested in trying shisha for the sheer experience of it. :/
    Now I have to figure out what to wear!

Well, there's a poll up, so the venue isn't decided yet. No guarantees that it'll be the Woolshed.

As for times, that's far from being decided. We usually decide that a few days before the event itself, and most people just turn up whenever they want to. A few of the lads showed up early enough when I asked them to (because Angron and I were all alone!) last time, but generally it's a 'show up whenever the feck you want, and a few people show up in time' kind of event.

If you don't smoke, but want to try smoking from a hookah, the majority of the flavours have no nicotine in them, so you won't get hooked, and won't start coughing like crazy.

I'm fairly sure that none of the Tea Garden's hookah flavours have any nicotine in them

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

The Woolshed.
    I think the Tea Garden would be a great "alternative" experience, do great things for our forum's rep :P

Also, I can probably come in early too, as I live within walking distance of the city centre.

Bernard Shaw
    I think the Tea Garden would be a great "alternative" experience, do great things for our forum's rep :P

Also, I can probably come in early too, as I live within walking distance of the city centre.

And yet you rocked up later than almost everyone else last time. :p

The Woolshed.
    Esoteric_ wrote: »
    And yet you rocked up later than almost everyone else last time. :p

I had company that night! Didn't quite want to say "get lost now, I need to go drink with people from the internet" and then was even later when I decided to help her carry her shopping around.

Just cuz I'm a gentleman! :p

• Advertisement

Bernard Shaw
    I had company that night! Didn't quite want to say "get lost now, I need to go drink with people from the internet" and then was even later when I decided to help her carry her shopping around.

You could have just said you were getting laid. It would have sounded less pathetic than carrying her shopping. :p

The Woolshed.
    You could have just said you were getting laid. It would have sounded less pathetic than carrying her shopping. :p

"gentleman" :D

Bernard Shaw
    "gentleman" :D

'pathetic' :D

:p

The Woolshed.
    'pathetic' :D

Gosh, can I do no right by you people? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ignore her mate, not too many of us left! *doffs hat*

Bernard Shaw
    Gosh, can I do no right by you people? :confused:

I'm teasing! If I were being serious, I wouldn't use a sticky out tongue face!

Clearly you can do right since we all seem to be up for your tea place suggestion. ;)

The Woolshed.
    I'm teasing! If I were being serious, I wouldn't use a sticky out tongue face!

Clearly you can do right since we all seem to be up for your tea place suggestion. ;)

That's like adding in "no offense btw" after insulting someone!

But yeah, even though I only mentioned it as a joke, glad to see people could make use of the idea!

Bernard Shaw

That's like adding in "no offense btw" after insulting someone!

But yeah, even though I only mentioned it as a joke, glad to see people could make use of the idea!

Exactly, it nullifies it! :p

Tbh something like a sticky out tongue face differentiates between taking the píss and deliberately aiming to insult somebody. 'No offense btw' is a way of rubbing in an insult generally.

The Woolshed.
    Exactly, it nullifies it! :p

Tbh something like a sticky out tongue face differentiates between taking the píss and deliberately aiming to insult somebody. 'No offense btw' is a way of rubbing in an insult generally.

Not to drag the beers thread tooo far off-topic, but you'd be amazed how often people make blatantly insulting statements and then add "no offence" like a disclaimer so you can't get annoyed at them. :pac:

You should have noticed that we're fond of taking the piss here RhoDoDenDron :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Hmmm, I MIGHT be able to pop into this for a while ;)

The Woolshed.
    P_1 wrote: »
    You should have noticed that we're fond of taking the piss here RhoDoDenDron :P

(Rho or Shane will suffice, no need to spell out the full username)

And yes, would you believe I noticed that! :p

Bernard Shaw
    Not to drag the beers thread tooo far off-topic, but you'd be amazed how often people make blatantly insulting statements and then add "no offence" like a disclaimer so you can't get annoyed at them. :pac:

I know people do it a lot. But I'd have assumed that you've seen enough posts in here now to know that none of us ever deliberately set out to insult another poster.

The Woolshed.
    I know people do it a lot. But I'd have assumed that you've seen enough posts in here now to know that none of us ever deliberately set out to insult another poster.

Of course, and that wasn't aimed in here. I just meant the general public.

Having a lot of piercings, I seem to attract stupid questions and narrow-minded statements, so I've heard a bunch of offensive opinions with that disclaimer. :pac:

Bernard Shaw
    Marty suggested Bernard Shaw or the Market Bar. Any thanks on this post will be considered a vote, because I have no fcuking clue if I can edit a poll. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Those two options added. Anyone that's already voted that wants to vote for either of those two, let me know.

Bernard Shaw
    Ah, Damo, you little sweetheart! :) Thank you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

That tea place that RhoDoDenDron mentioned for pre-drinking tea!
    I'll probably have to give this a miss. I have to save for Kerry in July, want to get a tattoo while im there so have to cut back on luxuries like having a life :(

Bernard Shaw
    I'll
    probably have to give this a miss. I have to save for Kerry in July,
    want to get a tattoo while im there so have to cut back on luxuries like
    having a life :(

Cc and adi, lying in a tree, f * c k i n g :p

Have a great time :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

I'll probably have to give this a miss. I have to save for Kerry in July, want to get a tattoo while im there so have to cut back on luxuries like having a life :(

I haven't seen you in FOREVER! I'm being DRAGGED to Dublin that night, because of some bloggers thing during the day????? You have to come for a couple ;)

Advertisement