Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers on June 1st, please vote on venue! :D

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

That tea place that RhoDoDenDron mentioned for pre-drinking tea!
    Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Cc and adi, lying in a tree, f * c k i n g :p

Have a great time :)

I've been planning the convention for months! I'm going with Atavan, it has very little to do with Adi...other than stealing his house for 2 days! :p

I will :D

Mylina wrote: »
    I haven't seen you in FOREVER! I'm being DRAGGED to Dublin that night, because of some bloggers thing during the day????? You have to come for a couple ;)

I wonder who's dragging you :rolleyes: I will try make it (i'm being badgered about the same blogger thing :p) but i just don't see it happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Bernard Shaw
    I've been
    planning the convention for months! I'm going with Atavan, it has very
    little to do with Adi...other than stealing his house for 2 days! :p

I will :D

I'm joking, silly. Seriously though, enjoy yourself. tattoo convention is a legit reason not to go :D

I'm joking, silly. Seriously though, enjoy yourself. tattoo convention is a legit reason not to go :D

Seriously thinking of hitting up the Credit Union for a tattoo loan... that's a proper reason to get a loan... right?

I will try to make it, but if i do it'll be a quiet one and heading home early (for shame)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'll see if I can make it closer to the date, although it would be nice to see Mylina as I haven't seen her in aaaages!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

I'll see if I can make it closer to the date, although it would be nice to see Mylina as I haven't seen her in aaaages!

I have an awful want on me for sushi ;)
    If I get up early enough, we could try make Yamamori??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I have an awful want on me for sushi ;)
    If I get up early enough, we could try make Yamamori??

Defo! I'll just make sure I'm off. I'll ask for it in work

Bernard Shaw
    YAY! I want to meet Mylina! :D

Guys, I know there are lurkers reading this thread, and voting. If you're voting and you're a lurker, please let us know if you're going to be there? :) It's just that if a lurker voting sways a tie-breaker, we want to know that you'll come, since you broke the tie! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Market Bar
    Dirty lurkers :pac:

Bernard Shaw
    I like lurkers. :p It's just that if say 10 lurkers vote for the Foggy Dew, but 8 regs vote for The Market Bar, it's not fair to go to the Foggy Dew if the lurkers aren't even going to show, when all the regs wanted to go elsewhere. That's all. :)

Lurkers are more than welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

i was lurkin by the ghurkins about to cast my vote getting all excited to go to a boards beers then my wife had to go and land herslef a part time job at the weekends (stupid bills to pay) which means no more weekend drinking for me cuz i have to mind the kids :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

TBH., anywhere is fine for me so long as there is a large beer garden with a 'liberal' attitude. Having said that, being of a slightly rough looking demeanour (even if it is only appearance) can we avoid places with any sort of a dress code. It is just because if anyone is going to get refused because of looks it will be me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Market Bar
    Everywhere that's been suggested thus far will be fine assuming you're not wearing tracksuits and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Market Bar
    If yehs are looking for a place with a big good smoking area can't go wrong with the Bernard Shaw also do what I'm told (have yet to sample) is a savage pizza served off a double decker bus out in the smoking area if anyone gets a bit peckish.

Bernard Shaw
    If yehs are looking for a place with a big good smoking area can't go wrong with the Bernard Shaw also do what I'm told (have yet to sample) is a savage pizza served off a double decker bus out in the smoking area if anyone gets a bit peckish.

Oh, I remember that place now, you pointed it out to me one night if I remember correctly. :)

Market Bar
    Oh, I remember that place now, you pointed it out to me one night if I remember correctly. :)

Yeh its near the Aussie BBQ were I went to get a meat box ;).

Bernard Shaw

It's always about food with you. :p

But yeah, I remember it now. :)

/snigger

/runs

Market Bar
    /snigger

/runs

:pac::pac: I knew someone would pick up on that, should have known it be you :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

Club Hell.
    Are we all going to call each other by our Boards names :p:D

• Advertisement

Bernard Shaw
    :pac::pac: I knew someone would pick up on that, should have known it be you :p.

I picked up on it but was trying to be nice, since you were being so mean to me through text, didn't wanna give you more ammo. :p

Papillion - we usually give our first name, then say who we are if nobody realises. I'm the loud one, also known as Lyn. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

Club Hell.
    I picked up on it but was trying to be nice, since you were being so mean to me through text, didn't wanna give you more ammo. :p

Papillion - we usually give our first name, then say who we are if nobody realises. I'm the loud one, also known as Lyn. :)

I'm Niamh :cool::cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Porterhouse, Temple Bar or Nassau Street.
    I'm Sarah but I like to go by McChubbin or Chubbs.
    Will I stick to tradition and bring a piece of produce along to the beers? Last one I went to I bought along a pineapple and Degsy ate it for his breakfast the next day. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

As my previous name hints, I'm Denis, though I prefer to be called Denny :P

Bernard Shaw
    McChubbin wrote: »
    I'm Sarah but I like to go by McChubbin or Chubbs.
    Will I stick to tradition and bring a piece of produce along to the beers? Last one I went to I bought along a pineapple and Degsy ate it for his breakfast the next day. :P

I don't think that's T+P forum tradition, we didn't bring anything last month. :pac:

Edit to add - when I got drunk, though, I decided to buy smokes (I really need to stop smoking when I'm drunk, I don't do it sober!!), and I gave some to CC and P_1 to stop myself from smoking them all. That counts as bringing something, right??

I'm Mylina... :pac:

I'll introduce myself properly on the night... Don't like putting personal info up in the public forums :)

Bernard Shaw
    I'm Mylina... :pac:

I'll introduce myself properly on the night... Don't like putting personal info up in the public forums :)

I would jokingly ask if it's because you're worried people will stalk your Facebook, but you stalked mine and found me, so it'd be a valid concern! :p

I would jokingly ask if it's because you're worried people will stalk your Facebook, but you stalked mine and found me, so it'd be a valid concern! :p
    I haz MAD skillz ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Orim wrote: »
    Everywhere that's been suggested thus far will be fine assuming you're not wearing tracksuits and the like.

I figured as much. It's just you would be genuinely surprised at the number of public houses I have been refused entry (particularly if I'm coming from work).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Porterhouse, Temple Bar or Nassau Street.

They have a savage Italian cafe as part of it too

Advertisement