Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers on June 1st, please vote on venue! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

You dirty underager :p

Jailbait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Man, there like ... IS no topic. Topic is just a concept constructed by the MAN to get you down! I'm neither inside or outiside the topic, I just kind of ... AM, y'know?

Am I the man? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Am I the man? :(

You da man!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That tea place that RhoDoDenDron mentioned for pre-drinking tea!
    3d4.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Porterhouse, Temple Bar or Nassau Street.
    The man is holding us down, man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Adiboo wrote: »
    The man is holding us down, man.

Now the word 'man' has lost all meaning in my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

McChubbin wrote: »
    It would be a lot easier if there was a Swords meetup, though. .

There's a guaranteed lift home for you that night (if you don't mind sharing the car with multiple child seats). I'm further north again and will be passing Swords from wherever we go. Indeed, if it suits there is a lift in for you also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Respecting wishes is one thing, allowing yourself to be dictated to and treated like an 11 year old is a whole other story.

McChubbin, wasn't this an issue at the last beers we were arranging, too? Why are you asking your parents for permission to go out? Just tell them you're going out with friends and give them the time you'll be home at. It's not like you haven't got a phone you can text them from.I just don't get why you'd give them so much information voluntarily, when they were freaking out about going to Hell the last time.
    The last major Boards Beers I went to outside of the LBGT ones was in 2010, just after the combined zombie walk/ Gay Pride parade. Somewhere throughout the course of the day I ended up getting drink spiked with what is now believed to be a head shop substance called Wack. Ever since, my folks have been majorly overprotective as they fear a repeat of what happened in 2010.
    I can understand where they're coming from but at the same time it's immensely suffocating. I've tried to reason with them but they're both quite stubborn- especially my stepdad. I know they do it out of love and concern but I'm getting frustrated by their constantly refusal to budge on the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Bernard Shaw
    At the end of the day, you're an adult, they can't forbid you to go out. Telling them about it before anything's even been decided was a bit silly, it gave them more time to think of objections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Getting your drink spiked at a previous event can give them some reason for concern alright. Having said that it was a once off and Pride day can't really be compared to an average Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

plus we're genetically wired to do the exact opposite of everything our parents ever tell us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Guys, I understand the concern here, and the desire to help, but I think this is getting a bit much, and you guys are almost inadvertantly pressurising McChubbin into what you think she should do.

McChubbin everyone would love to see you out, but don't feel that you need to lie or omit the truth from your mum and step dad. If you really want to go, perhaps sit down with them for a calm discussion on why you want to go, and that there are people there that understand and will be looking out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

So, it's looking more and more likely that I'll be there :)
    Can't wait to meet you all :)

\o/

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Apparently I'm going...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Apparently I'm going...

\o/

Well, seeing as you are the reason i'm going, it's only fair ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

How am I the reason you're going to T&P beers? That makes no sense!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Sorry, haven't been around much, has the venue been decided yet? No point in me picking a venue as I never heard of any of them and don't know where any of them are. Will do my utmost to be at this. Have to make it...

Bernard Shaw
    Pkm, I'll be announcing the venue in a day or two, looking like the tea garden first and moving on to the woolshed. More than happy to meet up and help ya find the places :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pkm, I'll be announcing the venue in a day or two, looking like the tea garden first and moving on to the woolshed. More than happy to meet up and help ya find the places :)

I think I'll avail of that too :P

Bernard Shaw
    I didn't offer you, Denny. :p Joke!

Okay. Currently we're at a tie. I'm going to announce the venue tonight.

If it's still tied, I'll be going with the venue that more regs and less lurkers voted on (example, pub 1 voted for by 10 regs, pub two voted for by 9 regs and one lurker), because we don't even know if the lurkers will show up! Hopefully somebody will break the tie before then. :)

• Advertisement

Alas, my dreams of a pitcher of Jack Daniels, dashed :P

Bernard Shaw
    Angron wrote: »

It's nicer with lime and soda, rather than a dash. :p

It's nicer with lime and soda, rather than a dash. :p

If that was a pun, I really should have seen it coming (we never call it a dash in Longford, so I'm not sure if it is :P)

Bernard Shaw
    If that was a pun, I really should have seen it coming (we never call it a dash in Longford, so I'm not sure if it is :P)

It was a terrible pun. :p

A spirit and dash is just a spirit topped with whatever fizzy drink they have in the tap.

Ah right. The only night club I go to here doesn't have taps like that, just cans of whatever fizzy drink, one that's closed though does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I more than likely wont be there for this...but if the manager(aka me) can get clearance from the boss for the day after off I could do something rarer than a unicorn mating with a griffin and make an appearance. Though being a wee country buck I will just get ****ing trashed on the train, find a pub and make someone come find me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Bagsy not leaving the pub to go find him!

Bernard Shaw
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand, the venue is The Woolshed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

A pitcher of Jack??? :eek: God the damage I'd do!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

A pitcher of Jack??? :eek: God the damage I'd do!!! :D

The woolshed do pitchers if long island ice tea. One of them inside ya and you'll be good to go.

Advertisement