Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers on June 1st, please vote on venue! :D

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That tea place that RhoDoDenDron mentioned for pre-drinking tea!
    A pitcher of Jack??? :eek: God the damage I'd do!!! :D
    Yep, they made me love Club Hell :D A pitcher of Long Island Iced Tea is ok I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Unclebumble

Angron wrote: »
    Yep, they made me love Club Hell :D A pitcher of Long Island Iced Tea is ok I guess...

You can order a pitcher of JD and coke at the Woolshed. You can get any spirit or beer in a jug!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, but how much is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Bernard Shaw
    Yeah, but how much is it?

Think it's 20 euro for a pitcher of spirit in the Woolshed. 20 for a pitcher of cocktail, and about 13-15 for a pitcher of beer.

That's not too bad then, I expected worse.

• Advertisement

Bernard Shaw
    If you're buying single drinks, the prices can be a bit mad (I paid 7.90 for a Desperados once :pac: ), but if you're planning on having a few drinks, you'll save a decent amount by just getting a pitcher. :)

Desperados, that's some sort of a beer isn't it? And yeah, we learned that at Hell after the 8 euro for a single JD and coke :pac:

Bernard Shaw
    Desperados, that's some sort of a beer isn't it? And yeah, we learned that at Hell after the 8 euro for a single JD and coke :pac:

Yeah, it's tequila flavoured beer, around 7%.

:pac: I warned all of you before you went to the bar that the pitcher was only 13! :p

Well I didn't get a single, so lucky me :P

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    If you're buying single drinks, the prices can be a bit mad (I paid 7.90 for a Desperados once :pac: ), but if you're planning on having a few drinks, you'll save a decent amount by just getting a pitcher. :)

Nah - think you've got mixed up! Desperados has never been over €5.20

• Advertisement

Bernard Shaw
    Nah - think you've got mixed up! Desperados has never been over €5.20

I haven't gotten mixed up, I've never gotten it for less than 6 in the Woolshed, and get pints for 5.20 or so. It was a Thursday night when I was charged 7-something, about 8 or 9 months ago.

I haven't gotten mixed up, I've never gotten it for less than 6 in the Woolshed, and get pints for 5.20 or so. It was a Thursday night when I was charged 7-something, about 8 or 9 months ago.

Bugger - that's bad you've paid that 'cause before 11.30pm it's never been more than €5.40 - yeah I work there!

Sorry not trying to be argumentative was just letting the other fella know about the jugs of JD and saw your post.

Anyway I'll get outta here before I piss you off. Hope you have a good night when you meetup - do you want a table reserved or anything?

Bernard Shaw
    Bugger - that's bad you've paid that 'cause before 11.30pm it's never been more than €5.40 - yeah I work there!

Sorry not trying to be argumentative was just letting the other fella know about the jugs of JD and saw your post.

Anyway I'll get outta here before I piss you off. Hope you have a good night when you meetup - do you want a table reserved or anything?

I have no idea what time it was when I ordered, but I genuinely was charged that.

That said, Ken the karaoke guy always gives me free drinks vouchers, so that makes up for it. :pac:

You didn't píss me off at all. Dunno about reserving tables yet, but I'm sure I'll be in there long before it happens, so I'll have a chat with someone in there if we're reserving tables. :) Thanks!

Oh yeah, thought I recognised your name, from the Pro-Wrestling forum, when the events moved to the Woolshed.

But yeah, thanks for the heads-up about the jugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

The woolshed do pitchers if long island ice tea. One of them inside ya and you'll be good to go.

Oh my :eek:!! Now I wanna make this :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Market Bar
    Mylina wrote: »
    I have an awful want on me for sushi ;)
    If I get up early enough, we could try make Yamamori??

Hmm is Yamamori a good place? I have never been. I have never had sushi actually now that I think of it!!!

Also fantastic you are going, I haven't seen you in forever, be nice to catch up. And Girl Friday too :D
    Pkm, I'll be announcing the venue in a day or two, looking like the tea garden first and moving on to the woolshed. More than happy to meet up and help ya find the places :)
    I think I'll avail of that too :P

I would also like to avail of this. This tea place sounds fantastic.
    The woolshed do pitchers if long island ice tea. One of them inside ya and you'll be good to go.

Oh my god I'll be in heaven :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I haven't gotten mixed up, I've never gotten it for less than 6 in the Woolshed, and get pints for 5.20 or so.

:eek: That's a horrendous price for a pint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Porterhouse, Temple Bar or Nassau Street.
    Did someone mention the Yamamori?!?! Sweet tapdancing Chthulu, that's my absolute favorite restruant in Dublin! I'll be more than happy to meet up with anyone there. Get my tea and sake on! Haven't spoken again to the parents about attending but my mother knows how irritated I am over my stepdad's refusal to let me go. I've told her before how I'm fed up of being treated like a child and whilst I can understand their concerns for my safety, ultimately it's my decision to go or not.
    I'm planning to raise the subject a bit closer to the date and hope for the best. My mother is the more easily swayed and reasonable of my parents and she understands my need for independence a bit better so I'm hoping she can allay my stepdad's fears somewhat.
    He won't be a happy bunny but I've been sensible in the past going into town on my own. Once I have a fully charged phone, call when I arrive and leave and enough money in my pocket for a cab ride back home to to a reletive's house, there's really nothing they can say about the issue.

Bernard Shaw
    McChubbin wrote: »
    Did someone mention the Yamamori?!?! Sweet tapdancing Chthulu, that's my absolute favorite restruant in Dublin! I'll be more than happy to meet up with anyone there. Get my tea and sake on! Haven't spoken again to the parents about attending but my mother knows how irritated I am over my stepdad's refusal to let me go. I've told her before how I'm fed up of being treated like a child and whilst I can understand their concerns for my safety, ultimately it's my decision to go or not.
    I'm planning to raise the subject a bit closer to the date and hope for the best. My mother is the more easily swayed and reasonable of my parents and she understands my need for independence a bit better so I'm hoping she can allay my stepdad's fears somewhat.
    He won't be a happy bunny but I've been sensible in the past going into town on my own. Once I have a fully charged phone, call when I arrive and leave and enough money in my pocket for a cab ride back home to to a reletive's house, there's really nothing they can say about the issue.

Well, the venue is the Woolshed, just so you know. There are 6 votes on the tea place, but that was on 5 votes when I announced the venue, the sixth vote came in after the announcing of the venue.

Fingers crossed you can go. :)

Hope you can go McChubbin, but we'll understand if you can't.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I might actually make this one.

My leaving night out from work is supposed to be that night so I might make my way in at some stage.

Market Bar
    Lads and lassies this is next week :)

So whats the plan re meeting up. Are we going to this strange tea room yokie r wha?

Bernard Shaw
    Well the Woolshed got more votes before I ended the poll, so looks like it's just the Woolshed!

I'm not 100% sure if I can make it now, won't know til later on during the week when I get my roster and see how much money I'm gonna have.

Market Bar
    Oh no that would be the worst :( I wanted to meet you.

Anyone know what time the woolshed kicks out on a Sat?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Market Bar
    hdowney wrote: »

2:30 I assume.

I'd still be up for the tea place for pre-tea. Especially if someone can tell me where it is :pac:

Bernard Shaw
    Oh no that would be the worst :( I wanted to meet you.

I'll see what I can do, but it looks like I'll be shelling out for a doctor or hospital bill during the week and if I am, I'll be too broke to go 'cause I refuse to dip into my holiday savings for alcohol. :pac:

Yeah, the Woolshed kicks out around 2 or half 2.

Bernard Shaw
    Orim wrote: »
    2:30 I assume.

I'd still be up for the tea place for pre-tea. Especially if someone can tell me where it is :pac:

Back of the Jervis, near the Buddha Bag shop. :)

Market Bar
    I'll see what I can do, but it looks like I'll be shelling out for a doctor or hospital bill during the week and if I am, I'll be too broke to go 'cause I refuse to dip into my holiday savings for alcohol. :pac:

Yeah, the Woolshed kicks out around 2 or half 2.

You said you arn't even drinking!!! :( But I hope you can come. Be so wrong if you can't

Bernard Shaw
    You said you arn't even drinking!!! :( But I hope you can come. Be so wrong if you can't

Yeah, I say a lot of things. :pac:

• Advertisement

Market Bar
    Good woman. The money WILL appear for you and you WILL join us I feel it in my waters (or whatever that sayin is!!!)

Advertisement