Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers on June 1st, please vote on venue! :D

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Porterhouse, Temple Bar or Nassau Street.
    Definately on for the beers!! Okay, people. Couple of questions: I'm 25 and whilst I think I look my age I've often been carded in the past when attempting to buy alcohol. (Especially in Lidls.) Will I need to bring ID to the Woolshed?
    Also, would I be tempting fate wearing my offensive **** You You ****ing **** t-shirt or do the bouncers not care what you wear so long as you don't cause trouble? My backup is my peach t-shirt with a nice skull on it.
    Finally, what time is the best to head to the Woolshed? I'm thinking 8pm. Not really fussed about going to the tea place TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Bernard Shaw
    McChubbin wrote: »
    Definately on for the beers!! Okay, people. Couple of questions: I'm 25 and whilst I think I look my age I've often been carded in the past when attempting to buy alcohol. (Especially in Lidls.) Will I need to bring ID to the Woolshed?
    Also, would I be tempting fate wearing my offensive **** You You ****ing **** t-shirt or do the bouncers not care what you wear so long as you don't cause trouble? My backup is my peach t-shirt with a nice skull on it.
    Finally, what time is the best to head to the Woolshed? I'm thinking 8pm. Not really fussed about going to the tea place TBH.

Yes, bring ID. Unless you're a regular, or with me, you will more than likely be asked for ID. Since I'm not 100% sure if I'm able to go (I'll know by Friday, depends on my rota and wages), I'd advise everyone to bring ID because the younger people will need it if I'm not there to come inside with you.

I don't think you'll get away with the Fúck T-shirt. They've got a strict enough dress code. Most clothing is okay, but anything offensive, or tracksuits and runners are a complete no-no. Peach t shirt sounds nice. :)

Not sure on times yet, I was thinking about half 8, but depends on what everyone else wants too, since I may not even be there!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That tea place that RhoDoDenDron mentioned for pre-drinking tea!
    My "F*ck Dubstep" t-shirt is probably out then, but I've got a fair few less offensive ones like Napalm Death or Misery Index. S'all good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

The Woolshed.
    Hmmm. I'm a tad bit worried about the over-21 policy but hopefully it'll be fine. I'll just dress extra respectably and hope they don't take offence at my face.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I probably won't make it to this. I'll be out on a hot date with the boy, but we may head somewhere afterwards, but that'd most likely be Club Hell!

• Advertisement

Okay, folks. Quick question: I've invited one of my mates from cookery class to this. She's only 19 though-I'm told the Woolshed is strictly over 21s only. Hope that's not true- she'd a gas girl and it'd be nice to have a night out with her. I've told her about the dresscode and the ID but I'm worried we'll be turned away on the night. :(
    Really don't want to miss this beers.

Bernard Shaw
    The Woolshed is indeed over 21s.

Well, balls to that. :mad:

The Woolshed.
    Esoteric_ wrote: »
    As long as it's the usual bouncer (chubby, bald guy called Eddie), you'll be fine.

I do think we should have a rule in place though. If people are refused, we all move on to another pub? I don't think it'd be fair to the under 21s here if we left them alone if they were refused anywhere.

Is that still a thing? If it's just me then no biggie I'll head home, but if there's gonna be a few who can't get in, might be worthwhile planning that it.

Bernard Shaw
    Yeah, I think it's only fair to move on if some boardsies don't get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Market Bar
    I've never seen them be that strict on age. I think if there's a few going in and it's earlyish (before 9ish) then it wouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Though keep in mind it's a bank holiday weekend. Some bouncers will let anything go on said weekends, whereas others know they can get the crowd they prefer and will refuse people left, right and centre.

Bernard Shaw
    If it's the bouncer I know who's on, he's strict on bank holiday weekends 'cause the place does be jammers from about 9pm.

Okay guys. If any boardsies are refused, we move on to Foggy Dew, since that was the second choice? Fair enough?

The Woolshed.
    Sounds like the fairest plan :) It's only a few days away too, everyone should make sure they have contact numbers and whatnot too, especially if we end up moving venue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sure. I have one or two numbers anyway, and a few on FB anywho. Anyone else wants my number, just gimmie a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Market Bar
    Agreed. Now to google foggy dew.

I have like 1 persons number i think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Sorry guys, am out. No babysitter. :(
    Hope you all have a great night. See you next time :)

Market Bar
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

Club Hell.
    Yay hope its the foggy.

Bernard Shaw
    Papillon! wrote: »
    Yay hope its the foggy.

:pac: It's the Woolshed. Foggy dew is a back up in case people are refused.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I'm out too.

Bernard Shaw
    It's looking like I'll be out. I have to work the early shift on Saturday morning.

If I can, I'll pop in for one or two, but that'll be all. Not like last time when I ended up staying til half one and then running away without saying goodbye. :pac:

Market Bar
    :(

hope you can pop in for 'one or two'

Market Bar
    Esoteric_ wrote: »
    It's looking like I'll be out. I have to work the early shift on Saturday morning.

If I can, I'll pop in for one or two, but that'll be all. Not like last time when I ended up staying til half one and then running away without saying goodbye. :pac:

Last time I was in the Woolshed, one was a pitcher of vodka and coke so we'll go with that :pac:

Bernard Shaw
    Oh yeah, by 'one,' I mean pitcher!

Market Bar
    Good woman. Pitchers all round :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Unclebumble

McChubbin wrote: »
    Okay, folks. Quick question: I've invited one of my mates from cookery class to this. She's only 19 though-I'm told the Woolshed is strictly over 21s only. Hope that's not true- she'd a gas girl and it'd be nice to have a night out with her. I've told her about the dresscode and the ID but I'm worried we'll be turned away on the night. :(
    Really don't want to miss this beers.
    If you're 18-21 you MUST have ID but you'll be fine getting in.
    Have spoken with managers and they know to expect some 18-21 in the group.
    Dress code is relaxed - runners are fine, just no tracksuits :)

Bernard Shaw
    Ah, that's really kind of you. Thanks! :)

Market Bar
    It's amazing how many things can just get worked out through Boards. Cheers mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

TRYING really hard to get a way worked out for me to go to this :S Wanna meet ye guys! Haha

Advertisement