Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaeng pa. Thai Jungle Curry

Options
  • 12-05-2013 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Where can this be bought in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

I never saw it as a product in a shop here. some thai resturants do it. i had it in diep le shaker once and it was very disappointing.

its the simplest thai curry to make yourself if your that way inclined. its essentially just red curry paste, chicken stock, fish sauce and sugar with whatever veg u like and meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

I never saw it as a product in a shop here. some thai resturants do it. i had it in diep le shaker once and it was very disappointing.

its the simplest thai curry to make yourself if your that way inclined. its essentially just red curry paste, chicken stock, fish sauce and sugar with whatever veg u like and meat.

Yep, it's a great, tasty slap-up meal. I find the trick is in getting the right balance in the dish with sugar and fish sauce-too little or much of either makes a world of difference. Perhaps Curry Addict could afford us some advice here? I tend to use quite a lot of sugar, which while not making it sweet, definitely brings out a fuller flavour from the dish. I think shop pastes are pretty salty to begin with too.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Toss'd in the IFSC have a different Thai curry each day, and I know they have jungle curry some days.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Zaph wrote: »
    Toss'd in the IFSC have a different Thai curry each day, and I know they have jungle curry some days.

I think they do red, green, yellow, penang and massamun. All outstanding curries (eat there quite a bit)

Advertisement