Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QB Dropbacks

Options
  • 12-05-2013 8:44pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads, a polite reminder on QB drop backs.
    There should be few times you need to drop back more than the 3/5/7 steps that are designed plays...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

This was me against Mikey earlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Nelbert wrote: »

This was me against Mikey earlier...

Rodgers still managed to vibrate for 68 yards! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

don't talk to me about this, i always had a problem with one particular player doing this on screens but what can ya do. if they say it was the auto drop back and they don't touch the movement button you cant really prove it without recording it and that's just to much effort altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

A lot of people do this on screens, I hardly ever run them but go sideways when I do.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

its hard to take action if theres one report but if there are numerous reports about a given player (which they arent) then its easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Screens have to be the exception here, its almost impossible to run them if you don't drop back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

no its not. it really isn't, u have seven steps. if u need more time your team isn't good enough to do them. throw it away, role out or find another receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

The game auto drop backs on all plays, screens included. The screen drop back is longer than others as that is the nature of the play.

The problem arises when people drop back further. It negates blitzes and causes coverage to break down.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lads there have been a few PMs to be on it. As ET says its basically exploiting a flaw in the game.

Just be mindful of it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

etloveslsd wrote: »
    The game auto drop backs on all plays, screens included. The screen drop back is longer than others as that is the nature of the play.

The problem arises when people drop back further. It negates blitzes and causes coverage to break down.

This is the thing, you really shouldn't be touching the down button unless you suddenly see a guy about to hit you and you have to leave the pocket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Raoul wrote: »
    This is the thing, you really shouldn't be touching the down button unless you suddenly see a guy about to hit you and you have to leave the pocket.

Yeah using movement in every direction in the pocket is crucial when you're under pressure.

Mickey made me move around a lot some of which I'm sure must have been backwards but it was always about vibrating away from pressure as per the great Homer.

Hi guys, just a reminder on this.
    I've got a couple of more PMs on it since the thread went up.

i'd prefer not to have to ban anyone, but more than 2 complaints means its cut day :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Heli, pm me the complaints please because I have received pms in the previous seasons. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Hi guys, just a reminder on this.
    I've got a couple of more PMs on it since the thread went up.

i'd prefer not to have to ban anyone, but more than 2 complaints means its cut day :eek:

Are you PM'ing the guys the complaints are about? Some may not know they are breaking a rule so telling them to stop without them knowing would be pointless.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Are you PM'ing the guys the complaints are about? Some may not know they are breaking a rule so telling them to stop without them knowing would be pointless.

Yes they will be getting PMs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Peyton Manning don't back up for no man cause his daddy thought him good!

In all seriousness I don't think I do it,I do go in reverse though if I see an RE is breaking threw but thats just in an effort to throw the ball away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

All falls apart when I leave.....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

SantryRed wrote: »
    All falls apart when I leave.....
    :pac:
    Actually it was because I left :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Actually now that you two are gone there are very few QB drop backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Good reply and it took me a while to come up with a retort.

Unfortunately there is a gaping hole in your argument. This thread did not start until a couple of weeks after we left !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

You should have taken more time Berty, the lack of thanks on your post is telling :p

Advertisement