Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dress Alterations

Options
  • 12-05-2013 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

I'm attending a wedding next month and I bought a dress online. I need to get it taken up and adjusted around the bust area. Can anyone recommend a good dress maker or tailor for alterations? Preferably Portarlington but suggestions for Portlaoise welcome too. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hung - Rear Mews, 27 Church St, Portlaoise would seem to be quite popular and the one ppl I know would go to and recommend. don't take my word for it though as I've no personnel experience of his work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Hung - Rear Mews, 27 Church St, Portlaoise would seem to be quite popular and the one ppl I know would go to and recommend. don't take my word for it though as I've no personnel experience of his work :)

thanks a mill for that. i ended up leaving the dress into Bogart tailors in portarlington. they were really nice and are charging €15 which i think is ok. ill post next week when i get the dress if they're any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

thanks a mill for that. i ended up leaving the dress into Bogart tailors in portarlington. they were really nice and are charging €15 which i think is ok. ill post next week when i get the dress if they're any good.

Ah, thats great, glad you got sorted :) That was a good price, I'm sure it'll turn out the way you want and enjoy the wedding! :P

Advertisement