Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motion detection range

Options
  • 12-05-2013 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have a short term need to do some recording (triggered by movement) in a particular area which is about 30 metres from the premises.

I've looked at a few different sorts of solutions - some trap cameras with a wildlife focus which are weatherproof & battery powered and can obviously be placed near the area of interest - some indoors cameras which can be mains powered.

Does anyone know if any of the indoor cameras would have a chance of being triggered by something 30 metres away (through a window) or is that something I should just write off now and stick to the trap camera?

Thanks,

46a
    This one's full. There'll be another one along in a minute son

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What type of CCTV /Recording are you planning on using. Most decent systems can detect motion from the camera its self. If the camera can see the area & the DVR has motion record it can be set up.

Advertisement