Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HW97/77 BIPOD

Options
  • 12-05-2013 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Should be picking up my first gun the hw97 this saturday if i have to license by friday already got the granted letter nd payin 2moro mornin took 3 weeks.Just wondering does anyone have a bipod on their hw97/77 i know accuracy isn't great but i want to put one on so im not putting it in the dirt and ill use it for hitting cans at 15 20 yards.Have one got already.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Sean Mullen

Most dealers let you pick up your gun with the grant letter with the post office receipt of payment stapled to it, so you don't have to wait until the licence comes back. I picked up both my rifles with the grant letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Most dealers let you pick up your gun with the grant letter with the post office receipt of payment stapled to it, so you don't have to wait until the licence comes back. I picked up both my rifles with the grant letter.

Didn't know that thanks will pay the license and give ring the dealer and see if thats okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

You can fit a bipod for resting the rifle sure, as long as you don't mind the extra weight but there's absolutely no point trying to shoot off it.

You MUST cradle a spring rifle in your hand if you want to get any sort of accuracy from it - it simply will not work if it's left in direct contact with a rest. The recoil will throw the shot somewhere different every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Ye have a bipod bought so might as well fit it so i can rest it down.

Advertisement