Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Websites for Broadway tickets.

Options
  • 12-05-2013 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi guys,

I'm heading to New York later in the summer. I was hoping to see a show while there. Does anyone know any good websites that sell Broadway tickets? I need to buy them before I go as I want to see a specific show. I wouldn't risk trying to buy while over there just in case it's sold out.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

www.broadway.com

Have bought from them a few times. You'll get off centre tickets for a great price compared to standard box office/ concierge prices

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

This place is really good for re-selling tickets and for sold out events. We've used it a lot. Not sure about using from outside the USA but if you buy with a credit card and do "will call" i cant see there would be any issues, a lot of tickets you print yourself now anyway.

www.stubhub.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The only site to use IMO is broadwaybox.com - prebookable discount tickets. You should be able to choose your seats too.

Be wary of stubhub, I know a few people who've gotten fake tickets on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭therealme

The few times I have been, we went to the theatre during the day, bought tickets with excellent seats for half what they cost online. Was handy that hotel was just off Broadway so was easy to go to purchase but you can pay a LOT more online.
    Never had a problem getting them there.
    Enjoy NYC

• Registered Users Posts: 41 LauraK85

Thanks for the replies. I know I'd probably get a better deal if I bought while over there. I really want to see Jersey Boys and would be gutted if I couldn't get tickets while over there. I think i'd be willing to pay a bit extra to know I have tickets going over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

LauraK85 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I know I'd probably get a better deal if I bought while over there. I really want to see Jersey Boys and would be gutted if I couldn't get tickets while over there. I think i'd be willing to pay a bit extra to know I have tickets going over.

Jersey Boys is 50% off at TKTS in Times Square (under the famous Red Stairs) on the day. It's not a show you'd have trouble getting tickets for on the day, especially if you go Tuesday or Wednesday. Join the queue at 2.30pm if you want to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 LauraK85

I'm arriving on a thursday morning and leaving the following tuesday morning! Do you think I could still get tickets while over?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

LauraK85 wrote: »
    I'm arriving on a thursday morning and leaving the following tuesday morning! Do you think I could still get tickets while over?

Friday and Saturday are the busiest days with the longest queues. There are no shows on Mondays. You should have no problem on Thursday (busier than Tues/Weds, but not too bad). Friday and Saturday the queues can be mental.

If you can be in Times Square (or even better the booth in Brooklyn - next to no queue!) for 2.30 Thursday (or slightly earlier Fri/Sat) you should have no problem. They start selling tickets at 3pm. Jersey Boys wouldn't be too in demand these days (hence why they are at TKTS) so I would be very confident of you getting tickets.

If you want to be 100% sure there is a smaller discount available on broadwayoffers.com (official discount site of Telecharge/Broadway.com). Code is here:http://www.broadwaybox.com/shows/jersey_boys_musical_nyc_tickets.aspx#29919

Personally, we've never been let down over the years. Only tickets I've ever bought in advance were for Wicked as they don't sell them at a discount (same deal with 'Book of Mormon', 'Lion King' and anything with a very big name actor like Tom Hanks recent play).

Edit: The Brooklyn TKTS actually opens at 11am. Even better as you get first choice before the Times Sq crowd.

Advertisement