Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you still ontinue BTEA for 1year add on level 8

Options
  • 13-05-2013 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anybody have any current info on getting BTEA for a 1 year add on level 8?
    This is my current situation, I have been on BTEA since 2010 and have completed a level 7 degree. I want to progress onto a level 8 1 year add on and continue to recieve BTEA.
    When I started my level 7 studies it was the case that this progression was possible, as long as there was no break in the studies between the two courses.
    However I cannot find specific mention of this case on welfare.ie now. The only mentions I can find online for it are from a year or two ago. I looking for some current evidence. I'll be in contact with my local office shortly but I want to be prepared to fight my corner should the need arise.
    Basically I want to know if anybody knows if ithe rules may have changed. Some changes to BTEA only apply to new applicants, so maybe I will be alright even if it has.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Did you check the current BTEA operational guidelines: http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Back-to-Education-Allowance-Scheme.aspx#1.10

You should be ok as you are progressing in your courses and not repeating a level however you might need to spend the Summer on Jobseekers in order to be eligible for it in Sept. Check that with DSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

Yea I looked as those guidelines. This case has been ommitted from it whereas it as explicited mentioned in previous guidelines. I'll just see what happens. I have a meeting with DSP about it after my exams so hopefully we all see eye to eye:eek:.

Advertisement