Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free performance upgrade for the oldies

• 13-05-2013 2:27am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rawvJop772E

Can't believe the difference this makes, I'm now able to accelerate up hills with a tank full of Dipetane where before she'd flag on straight diesel. Cwaor! :cool:

Glad I went in there too, I found one broken tensioner and a weak return spring meaning she never returned fully to idle. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rawvJop772E

Can't believe the difference this makes, I'm now able to accelerate up hills with a tank full of Dipetane where before she'd flag on straight diesel. Cwaor! :cool:

Glad I went in there too, I found one broken tensioner and a weak return spring meaning she never returned fully to idle. :eek:

Doesn't say much for your mechanic if he didn't cop that before!

I am my mechanic...it's a learning curve T.

I've yet to look at a mates' car that is correctly adjusted. I did 3 last week.

Funny, must be my rallying background , I always check for a good throttle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Aidan_M_M wrote: »

Rallying in a motorhome is not advisable Aidan :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Did you notice much of a difference with using Dipetane? Do you use the 1 unit Dipetane ~ 10L Diesel recommendation?

• Advertisement

I generally tackle the brakes and suspension before the throttle.

stevire wrote: »
    Did you notice much of a difference with using Dipetane? Do you use the 1 unit Dipetane ~ 10L Diesel recommendation?

Big difference yeah, 10% as promised on the bottle. Much quieter engine and minor reduction of torque. Overall I'm up 25% MPG from when I bought her. Most of that is clean filters, frequent oil changes and a light right foot though.

1. I generally tackle the brakes and suspension before the throttle.

2. Big difference yeah, 10% as promised on the bottle. Much quieter engine and

3.minor reduction of torque. Overall I'm up 25% MPG from when I bought her. Most of that is clean filters, frequent oil changes and a light right foot though.

1. As do I, and any decent mechanic , I would have assumed.

2. I was disappointed with the Dipetane in my Audi A4, and Seat Inca van, noticed no difference. In any way. I often put a drop of light oil like 2-stroke into a tank so maybe it's doing the job of the Diletane. Interesting thread on the Turbo Diesel owners club and elsewhere about it. You may have seen it?
    However a mate with an '06 Petrol Accord reckons he's using a litre less per 100kms.

3. Why do you reckon you're down on torque? Is it a seat-of-the-pants thing?

I have to shift down to cross hills on dipetane that she'd manage on straight diesel.

Interesting thread on the Turbo Diesel owners club and elsewhere about it. You may have seen it?

Gotta link?

• Advertisement
Advertisement