Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Petition for Grand Theft Auto V on PC

• 13-05-2013 7:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,iv recently found out about a petition on Change.org to try get GTA V on PC.
    I have recently moved away from consoles and become a PC gamer,i think it would be a shame for the community in general to miss out on what is going to be a great game.

Even if you are not huge into PC gaming yourself can you please sign the petition?
    I don't think its fair for Rockstar to leave out a huge chunk of gaming population :(

Link to petition
    http://www.change.org/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Did they announce they have no intentions of releasing it on PC? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Of course they will release it on PC, it will be worth millions to the company. Its a business after all. I reckon they will release it 8 - 12 months after the console release date. Why are people paranoid, they have released nearly every GTA on pc after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It'll be out on PC, I think that's a given since it's one of the biggest franchises and GTA IV is heavily active with mods and multiplayer today.

It would be extremely bad publicity for them otherwise and, after the mess that was GTA IV's release, I'd prefer if they took their time with it so that it'll be optimised to run smoothly on PCs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Duggy747 wrote: »
    It'll be out on PC, I think that's a given since it's one of the biggest franchises and GTA IV is heavily active with mods and multiplayer today.

It would be extremely bad publicity for them otherwise and, after the mess that was GTA IV's release, I'd prefer if they took their time with it so that it'll be optimised to run smoothly on PCs.

Yeah agreed. I was an exclusive PC gamer, but the long wait for GTA IV and the fustrations with it were big factors for me buying a PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,319 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Digy123 wrote: »
    Hey lads,iv recently found out about a petition on Change.org to try get GTA V on PC.
    I have recently moved away from consoles and become a PC gamer,i think it would be a shame for the community in general to miss out on what is going to be a great game.

Even if you are not huge into PC gaming yourself can you please sign the petition?
    I don't think its fair for Rockstar to leave out a huge chunk of gaming population :(

Link to petition
    http://www.change.org/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc

Thank you.

As said, the game is being released on PC. But it'll probably be about 6 months after the console release. And the petition won't change anything because they can't delay the console release to wait for the PC release to be finished, and delaying the console release means the next-gen consoles will have been released by that stage which could lessen sales.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Penn wrote: »
    As said, the game is being released on PC. But it'll probably be about 6 months after the console release.

Aye, I don't think anyone should really be surprised by this. GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas & GTA IV were all released on PC a few months after those games had hit consoles.

I am willing to wait it out anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

internet petitions....

always work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

On steam for linux :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Nah :p

It's pretty much been covered several times in this thread so I wont repeat it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

oh the joys of having a pc and console :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement