Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Shop in D24

Options
  • 13-05-2013 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know where I can bring bags of clothing in d24 area I don't want to leave them outside my door because of rogue callers. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moved from old thread to a thread of its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

And moved to Dublin County South. ;)

tHB

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

There's a clothes bank in the carpark at Scholars pub/Spar and another one in Sean Walsh park beside the entrance to the football stadium. Otherwise, google is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

I always drop any clothes we have into Vincent de Paul - reputable, well established and well run charity, and they're always unfailingly polite and very grateful for whatever you can give them.

http://www.svp.ie/Contact-Us/Dublin/About-Us/What-we-do/Shops.aspx to find the nearest store to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Tabnabs wrote: »
    There's a clothes bank in the carpark at Scholars pub/Spar and another one in Sean Walsh park beside the entrance to the football stadium. Otherwise, google is your friend.

Since that recent RTE Prime Time program it now appears that a lot of those clothes banks are run by private companies and the charity named on the bin gets a slice of the action but like the charity Christmas cards, it might be peanuts.

I'd either give it to one of the genuine charities who drop bags on the doorstop like Barnardos, Enable Ireland or the Irish Cancer Society or as suggested above, bring them straight to the SVDP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement