Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adjusting a coin mech

• 13-05-2013 9:46am

Heres a few things I learned last night I thought I'd share them.
    The mech In my E2 is a seiko one,
    AD-81P3

First up.The parts

Mech%2520in%2520place.jpg

Undo the wing nut and remove the coin mech from the door.
    Now you'll have the mech with a metal plate on the back in your hand.
    Flip it over and theres a metal spring clip,
    pop this clip and you'll have separated the mech form the plate so you can take a proper look at it.

you should have this in your hand

Parts.jpg

so how does this work?!

Your coin comes in
    Coin%2520in.jpg

Coin gets to the cradle

If the coin is the wrong size it falls through the cradle and is rejected,
    Coin%2520rejected.jpg

If the coin is the right size it will stop in the cradle.
    Coin%2520in%2520crade.jpg
    The cradle is balanced so when the coin stops in it will flip the coin to the left like this,directing it towards the micro switch

Coin%2520accept.jpg
    The above coin is accepted.

The 20cent coin is just a touch too small for this cradle so We'll need to adjust it.
    Here is what you do.
    At the moment it looks like this in the cradle

Coin%2520in%2520cradle.jpg

we need to do this.Make the cradle smaller.(I've used a nut as an example so its easier to see,In reality this is making it way too small.I used a piece of cut cable tie)
    Note,the cradle moves!Dont get it stuck with glue!The cradle is the metal bit!

Smaller%2520cradle.jpg

now your coin should sit out a bit more
    Adjusted%2520cradle.jpg

Thats pritty much it,
    theres a couple of sliders to adjust max and min coin sizes.Their stright forward and you'll see them.
    Theres also a screw to adjust the thickness of the coin and a magnet to filer out washers etc
    I removed this magnet.

The coin needs a bit of speed to get through the mech.
    I found the coin deflector (marked coin entry in the first pic) was not lined up 100% and was killing all the speed so I had to bend it a bit to get it right.

Good luck !
    I also find this behind the coin box,
    I think its a coin box full alarm or coin box open alarm.
    might try to get it working
    Whats%2520this.jpg

I'm going to try the one in my blast city later so will update this thread if its much different.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Cheers dude.

My coin mech is an AD-81P3. I tried adjusting it before for 20c and got it close but not perfect. I sent it off to alime_mame to do it for me and even he said it was a tough one.
    He got it working but here's the thing.

When the coin mech is out of the cab and I run a 20c piece through it it works just fine.
    Stick the mech back in the cab and push the coin through the chute on the control panel and the coin gets stuck at the top of the mech or more often slides out to the side.. Very annoying.

IMAG0464.jpg

Anyone else have similar experiences.
    I might try adjust it for 5c pieces.

Hay techno,
    Mine is the same and i had the same problem,
    as I said it needs speed to get through,
    put the mech in the door and drop a coin in the little chute.
    If it gets anyway stuck there you'll have to bend it a little so it doesnt catch anymore!

It was wrecking my head why it was working fine outside the cab but not in!

Ahhh. Great stuff urban. will give that a go before adjusting for 5c.

That crappy thing is that the coin door needs to be closed in order for the coins to go through the chute and into the mech. Impossible to know whats going on!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That crappy thing is that the coin door needs to be closed in order for the coins to go through the chute and into the mech. Impossible to know whats going on!

Presumably the chute is lined up correctly with the top of the mech? As in open the main front panel, pop your head in and look right with a torch. :)

With the coin door open, if you just drop a coin in the top of the mech does it always go through it correctly?

• Advertisement

Thanks Andrew. Will check this out.

Just had a look at the blast city,
    same mech should be handy.
    its got a different cradle,I think it was set for hong kong dollers .
    Looks like I'll need to put that bolt on it like I have as the example above

Had a go at my coin mech again. With the mech removed from the cab the coins are entering and dropping without any real problem. Maybe a one in twenty fail.

When I place the mech back in the cab and dropping the coins through the panel chute some were getting stuck at the top of the mech.

As you guys have pointed out, the small chute sitting directly above the mech seems to be the issue. Seems to be angled slightly off causing the coin to twist almost and stick in the top of the mech.

Still need to test more coins but looking like I may have it sorted!

Good stuff,
    I got the blast city mech done for 20c too.
    I got 30e worth of 20c's.
    Doesnt look like much when its in the box.

Could turn into a nice savings fund!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Coin mech doesn't work with my namco jamma converter. Works when I use mame through the JVS though.

• Advertisement

My 18 month old wanted to mess around with my cab last night so I had him "play" with a wad of 20c coins and the coin slot.

Got 30 coins through the chute and mech no bother with the game crediting each time. Result.

Finally found out that the coin counter worked too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'll hopefully be adjusting mine next week. I'll put up a pic. I'm sure me and urban would have the same mech?

These pics are from the e2,
    Blast city mech is basically the same

Does anyone know if and how the coin counters can be reset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Does anyone know if and how the coin counters can be reset?

Like clocking an old car I assume, windy backies?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The count is part of the history of the cab though, gives you some idea of the use it had before you got it. I think so anyway.

Not like you can sell it for more my clocking the mileage on it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    The count is part of the history of the cab though, gives you some idea of the use it had before you got it. I think so anyway.

Yeah same, it's like "so this is what you got up to before you lived here!" :D

Does any one know how a counter works?
    the one in my e2 has no wires going to it or anys sort of connections or anything.
    it doesnt work.
    its at 27990

Advertisement