Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend your Family Health Insurance Plan

Options
  • 13-05-2013 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi there,

We cancelled our family plan with VHI and opted to just keep two adults covered with VHI. My husbands job pays his contribution and we pay mine.

However, recently we have have lots of GP visits with the kids and looking through the costs involved in consultants, hospital stays if necessary has made me rethink our decision - we have forked out nearly 400e this month between GP visits and medication for me and kids - so disgraceful that children are not free/reduced for GP - don't get me started - we are just above the med card threshold.

So I am trying to figure out best family plan, two non smoking adults, age 34 & 37 and 3 kids, ages 2, 4, and 8. I really want to be able to claim as much as poss back on GP visits and meds if poss.. not too worried about private hospitals, private rooms etc etc

Any good family plans out there?

Any tips/suggestions much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I would keep the health insurance that you and your husband have.
    You will not be able to change policys/insurance companies until your next renewal date.
    I know that health insurance cost have gone up and a lot of the plans have cut there cover for day to day expenses.

At the moment a health insurance cash plan may suit your needs.
    If you look up the hia.ie website, click on go compare and then click health insurance cash plan.
    You need to look at any plan with family or scheme which charges a set amount a year to cover you all.
    This is not private health insurance but it is a plan that will give you cash back on any health expenses you, your husband and the children have ie will pay the cost of a public bed if any has to stay over night in hospital, will pay towards doctor cost, per consultant visit, optical visits ect.
    Once you claim via this you may be able to claim further money back via the med one form which you can get off the revenue website. Keep all your receipts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

You could have a look into this if youre located in dublin.
    I haven't used them myself, but they've got decent reviews in the bargain alerts forum.
    http://www.gpnow.ie/

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056767243

Advertisement