Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ArtState (terrible quality goods).

Options
  • 13-05-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Recently purchased an offer from Groupon for a Banksy print from ArtState.

http://artstate.co.uk/

What I ordered
    http://artstate.co.uk/store/products/love-balloon-banksy-quad-2/

There are no Certificates of Authenticity supplied, the colours are not as shown (the black and red actually came as pink and purple) and the piece is the cheapest thing I've ever touched. Its no more than a thick piece of paper that it backed with packing foam. The quality of these items are terrible, you WILL be disappointed.

AVOID AVOID AVOID !!!

I see this company has offers on almost all discount sites, the goods are worth less than the postage costs, DO NOT waste your money.

Attached is what I received.

I've also asked Groupon to stick by their Groupon IE statement that "We are confident in the businesses we feature on Groupon IE and back them with this Groupon IE Promise. If your experience using your Groupon ever lets you down, we will return the purchase price of your Groupon, either as cash or as a Groupon IE credit. Simple as that."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

Can you return it , you get seven days when shopping online or is that different when you go through a voucher site ?

Ive given up on voucher sites as I found it a nightmare to figure out who exactly was responsible for what you got

On another note Banksy has never licensed any of his work hence you see it everywhere , anyone can get an image and print it off as he never confirms its actually his / copyright it, so it wont be authenticated.

Theres lots of Irish street artists with similar styles who sell limited edition sprays of their work for great prices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

£79 for that without the voucher? Wow. Really hope you can get a full refund as it does not look well made/printed at all. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

snowey07 wrote: »
    Can you return it , you get seven days when shopping online or is that different when you go through a voucher site ?

Ive given up on voucher sites as I found it a nightmare to figure out who exactly was responsible for what you got

On another note Banksy has never licensed any of his work hence you see it everywhere , anyone can get an image and print it off as he never confirms its actually his / copyright it, so it wont be authenticated.

Theres lots of Irish street artists with similar styles who sell limited edition sprays of their work for great prices

It was'nt out of the box more than a minute, took the pictures and back in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Get yourself up to Kavanaghs in Ballyfermot. They have a range of canvas art work for sale including some Banksy stuff. Guess what? They're only €7 each!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 south of the border

I recently purchased the same deal from groupon but never got the goods. When I made the order I was given a voucher to purchase a similar 'Banksy' offer and duly purchased that as well. When my groupon deal didn't arrive I complained and after a while Groupon refunded me the €19.99 I had payed to them. However I still am owed a similar amount from ArtState plus P&P and they refuse to answer my emails. So please AVOID dealings with ArtState at all costs.
    I am in the process of reporting them to the Fraud office in the UK so if anyone has had a similar experience please let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Also chase type bank for a charge back if you paid by visa etc.

Thanks wmpdd3 for the info about chargeback. This is something I intend to pursue and will let you know how I get on.

Just got on to Visa and they promised to refund my money if I supply all the documentation to show I didn't receive the goods. So thanks wmpdd3 for your help

Advertisement