Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia C7 - IMAP Email

Options
  • 13-05-2013 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

I'd like to set up my Exchange student email account as an IMAP account on my Nokia C7 (Symbian Belle), because my Outlook.com account already uses the Activesync option and I can only have a single Activesync account in the built-in Mail app.

Some googling says that it should offer me the option to switch between POP/IMAP after validating my account, but it defaults to POP when I try to set up the account and I can't change it.

Also, I can't afford to buy Profimail and I can't think of any other third party email client that runs on Symbian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you remove any of the accounts and reset using the 'other' email account option, then you can use any settings rather than the predefined ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

It's still not offering an option to switch to IMAP. Some googling came up with PicoMail, and it seems to be sufficient just for that particular account. I'll still be using the main client for the rest of my accounts.

Advertisement