Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Francisco Alone?

• 13-05-2013 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey there,

Been having a brain storm the last few weeks about what to do with myself and I'm hoping that San Francisco is the way to go.
    Hoping to get a working visa. I have no degree but I have a diploma in pet grooming that I hope will get me something!

I am a 24 year old girl from Dublin and I will be doing this alone.

Any advice anyone has will be greatly appreciated. Where to stay, how much spending money needed, visa's etc.

I am not in any rush to go. Summer would be ideal but do not have spending money at the moment, so I am thinking september, october, or early new year 2014.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 metoyou09

thanks for that.

so there's no way I could go for a year or a couple of months at least and work??
    I might still go for a holiday anyway. 1500 isn't a bad amount when you think of everything you probably did.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 metoyou09

sugarman wrote: »
    Afraid not, like I said the only way to go there for the year would be a final year j1. Its pretty stupid, id love to do it myself for a few months again.

Yeah 1500 over 10 weeks wasnt so bad, most of that was food and drink. Tho thats eating out almost every day too.

that is fairly stupid alright. I know i'd only want to stay!

Advertisement