Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2013 Study Blog

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Example:

Q:Explain two factors why an industry would locate in a area.

A: I have studied Cadburys in Coolock. This industry is a light industry because it can be located anywhere, the output and imput are not too bulky. Cadburys is located in Coolock because the town contains an educated workforce. The industry employs 1000 people from the town. This is because there are universities such as Trinity College and DCU in Dublin, to provide the people with the right qualifications. Therefore, the town supplies the industry with a workforce to run it. However, another reason why this light industry is located in Coolock is of the fast and effective transport. Cadburys is located beside the M50 (correct me if i'm wrong). This national motorway provides fast and cheap transport around Dublin, it also provides a fast route to Dublin Airport, which is vital for exporting and importing resources and products.

I did this answer on the top of my head, could improve, but that's the jist of it.

Dodo Bird wrote: »
    So you only need to study one climate and one Industry ..??
    Yes, you need to know the facts and figures for one named industry and one named climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭SomberClaws

Yes, you need to know the facts and figures for one named industry and one named climate.

Thanks goodness. Our teacher said that we need to know both heavy and light and all 3 climates

Today I did:

Maths: All vein diagram questions in Paper One.
    Did another mock paper one.

English: Marked questions in 2004 reading comperhension.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Today, I did:

English: Fiction question
    Geography: Section 2, Q 1, 2 and 3.
    Religion: Section 1, 2, 3 and 4.
    Science: A biology section.

For everything I did, I remember next to nothing. Yay!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Dodo Bird

20/05/13
    English- Media Q1(P2) 2007
    Maths- 2012-2005 P1 + Pre 2012
    Learned of all theorems and terms e.g. axioms,collory,thereom etc.
    Science-Biology
    All Biology question exam papers
    Geog-1st year
    All geog 1st year question exam papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

Up until now I have..
    Revised all of maths, but must learn theorems.
    Revised all of history
    Revised all of science (finishing today)
    Revised all of business
    Yay me

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    Up until now I have..
    Revised all of history
    Revised all of business
    Yay me

:O since the mocks or since the start of the year?!

sotisme wrote: »
    :O since the mocks or since the start of the year?!

Since the start of april :o

Since the start of april :o
    Wow,Fair play to you
    I have to do all of them within 3 days as I need to get the course done atleast twice before sitting the exams

• Advertisement

Up until now I have..
    Revised all of history
    Revised all of business
    Yay me
    But won't you forget the small details by the time of the JC? Best to make small memory notes to look over the next day to quickly jog all the dates etc back into your head :p.

But won't you forget the small details by the time of the JC? Best to make small memory notes to look over the next day to quickly jog all the dates etc back into your head :p.

I have made my own notes silly

I have made my own notes silly
    Good! Just making sure :rolleyes: I don't want anyone to do worse than they expected here ..

Good! Just making sure :rolleyes: I don't want anyone to do worse than they expected here ..
    Too late for that :rolleyes:
    Man I am cramming loads of crap at this stage

Dodo Bird wrote: »
    Too late for that :rolleyes:
    Man I am cramming loads of crap at this stage
    I didn't even start the cramming :rolleyes:. Don't panic and you'll do fine :).

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

what constructions do you need for maths ?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jack_OLantern

I didn't even start the cramming :rolleyes:. Don't panic and you'll do fine :).

Panic? Who's panicking? I'm not panicking! NOBODY PANIC!!!

I haven't started cramming either. I'll start tomorrow.... Maybe.

examstress wrote: »
    what constructions do you need for maths ?

Here, from edco higher level exam papers

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

Here, from edco higher level exam papers

thanks ! didnt know there was that manyy :(

examstress wrote: »
    thanks ! didnt know there was that manyy :(
    Do you know how much marks they are worth as I hate contstruction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Any useful advice for Irish HL? what sections should i work on so i can get at least a C?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Any useful advice for Irish HL? what sections should i work on so i can get at least a C?

Learn off phrases for the essay and letter. Maybe listen to Irish radio for the listening and try and work on the grammar (as impossible as it is).

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

MomijiHime wrote: »
    Learn off phrases for the essay and letter. Maybe listen to Irish radio for the listening and try and work on the grammar (as impossible as it is).

And would that be enough for me to pass? as for grammar i'm only learning past, present and future tense. I'm thinking of dropping down on the day of the exam, is that a good idea? i got 57% in mocks, also after seeing ordinary level irish papers I feel as if i would probably get an A in it,

And would that be enough for me to pass? as for grammar i'm only learning past, present and future tense. I'm thinking of dropping down on the day of the exam, is that a good idea? i got 57% in mocks, also after seeing ordinary level irish papers I feel as if i would probably get an A in it,
    A D in higher level = A in ordinary level. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I'm in higher level and we haven't even done any other tense besides past, present and future! Don't worry about it! :rolleyes:

Just learn off answers for the essay, studied fiction, letter (opening and closing) and studied poetry. It's where you'll get most of your marks. Learn off a bit about grammar (enough to pass the grammar section) and a couple of phrases for answering the unseen stuff. Have a look over the vocab for the aural and comprehensions and you should pass easily! It's not as bad as it seems. It's just a pain!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A D in higher level = A in ordinary level. :rolleyes:

Not really.
    An A in Ordinary means the candidate should have been doing Higher. Most annoying grade to see on a JC results sheet.

spurious wrote: »
    Not really.
    An A in Ordinary means the candidate should have been doing Higher. Most annoying grade to see on a JC results sheet.
    I know, but I mean a person who got a D in Higher Level Irish would of got an A if he did Ordinary. The ord paper for Irish is fairly easy :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

I know, but I mean a person who got a D in Higher Level Irish would of got an A if he did Ordinary. The ord paper for Irish is fairly easy :rolleyes:.

Fairly easy? If it weren't for those rolling eyes I'd suspect you don't know just how easy it is! :P Mind you, I seem to have an issue with languages in general, heck, I can hardly speak English properly out loud, lately, but I can see the paper is easy alright.

Hey, I'm doing honours and I got 41% in the mocks. Hope I don't fail!

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Not really.

Are the mocks always marked strictly, or can the Junior Cert be marked just as hard? I'm regretting choosing HL Irish....

Advertisement