Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Search for a contact where name includes digits

• 13-05-2013 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭

I.have a number of Contacts where it is convenient to include a number eg 01 gate, 02 gate, 100 Dublin St.,etc. when I go into Contacts, it would be convenient to enter 01, 02, 100, etc as search terms. However when I do, the contacts don't show up. How is that?

Devices: iPhone 5, iPad mini, ipad 2 running on IOS 6.0.x software

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

How about searching in spotlight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

plu wrote: »
    I.have a number of Contacts where it is convenient to include a number eg 01 gate, 02 gate, 100 Dublin St.,etc. when I go into Contacts, it would be convenient to enter 01, 02, 100, etc as search terms. However when I do, the contacts don't show up. How is that?

Devices: iPhone 5, iPad mini, ipad 2 running on IOS 6.0.x software

They do show up. In contacts, to see those contacts with digits preceding the number, scroll to the bottom of your contacts list, or if you are too lazy to scroll, you will see a vertical alphabetical list on the right side of the contacts screen. On the bottom of this list, press the # symbol, and you're there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

dodzy wrote: »
    They do show up. In contacts, to see those contacts with digits preceding the number, scroll to the bottom of your contacts list, or if you are too lazy to scroll, you will see a vertical alphabetical list on the right side of the contacts screen. On the bottom of this list, press the # symbol, and you're there.

I don't want to scroll or press #. I would like to just enter 01, 02, etc in the search box.

As an alternative, It would be great if the iPhone had a quick dial facility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Search for ga & choose, or just enter them as gate 01, gate 02 & gate 100 then search for ga & then choose which one you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I don't want to scroll or press #. I would like to just enter 01, 02, etc in the search box.
    Of course that works. Have you not tried it ?
    an alternative, It would be great if the iPhone had a quick-dial facility
    Favourites, perhaps ? 2 taps (MAX) from the homescreen and you're there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement