Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Nursing Fee's

Options
  • 13-05-2013 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked before but I just have a general question in relation to Mature Nursing.
    I completed a BA in Arts in UCD in 2003 and I would really love to eventually start again and go back and train to become a nurse. I'm just wondering what kind of costs would I expect to be paying per academic year-I've no idea whether we're talking €5k, €10k or €15k pa!

I have 2 young children and it's unlikely I won't go back (if even) until they are both in school at least but I'm just wondering how realistic it is for me.

Thanks,

Caroline

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi Caroline,

Last year UCD's Mature nursing fees for EU students, including the registration charge were €7,289. NUI Galways were €7,552 and Dundalk IT was €7,250.
    You can add a minimum of €250 onto that for this year.

Other costs would be travel, books, uniform, course materials etc. Most of the colleges have advice on these specific costs on their websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Thanks for that Paperclip, i'd say it'll be unlikely i'll be able to go down the nursing route in the future with figures like that-i'll just check out my options for other similar areas that will be as fulfilling, rewarding and hard work! Thank you.

Advertisement