Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

limerick to tralee?!

• 13-05-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

anyone know of any bus(private or otherwise)going from limerick to tralee today?! NEED to get there...grrr!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Bus Eireann? Leaves from the station. There is one that by-passes listowel and another one that goes throught it, not sure of the times but if you go to the website you'll find them.

Can't link, going on lunch byeee

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

Frolick wrote: »
    Bus Eireann? Leaves from the station. There is one that by-passes listowel and another one that goes throught it, not sure of the times but if you go to the website you'll find them.

Can't link, going on lunch byeee

theres a STRIKE on,hence my problem ha

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Oh crap... How i'm i going to get home. I Can't take Listowel much longer!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,895 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

you wha? wrote: »
    theres a STRIKE on,hence my problem ha

Train?

down to Mallow and then change?

Riskymove wrote: »
    Train?

down to Mallow and then change?

a single ticket is 51euro!!!!cant afford it.ive accepted i cant go home :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

a single ticket is 51euro!!!!cant afford it.ive accepted i cant go home :(

Limerick to Tralee is 51 quid one way? :eek: Damn that is expensive.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Limerick to Tralee is 51 quid one way? :eek: Damn that is expensive.

who ya telling?!ha hopefully ill make it home next thursday when im off next and will only need to pay near 40euro for return bus ticket :P i love this country haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

who ya telling?!ha hopefully ill make it home next thursday when im off next and will only need to pay near 40euro for return bus ticket :P i love this country haha

Even that sounds expensive for a bus from Tralee to Limerick and back.

Is just my take, but I think public transport in this country is horribly overpriced especially for trips that don't involve travelling to and from Dublin.

Fingers crossed that Siptu don't have another strike in place by the time you are ready to travel as there was something on the radio about them wanting to ballot their members (bus and train) to strike as a show of support to those who went on strike on Sunday/Monday.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Even that sounds expensive for a bus from Tralee to Limerick and back.

Is just my take, but I think public transport in this country is horribly overpriced especially for trips that don't involve travelling to and from Dublin.

Fingers crossed that Siptu don't have another strike in place by the time you are ready to travel as there was something on the radio about them wanting to ballot their members (bus and train) to strike as a show of support to those who went on strike on Sunday/Monday.

sorry i should point out my final destination was gonna be dingle hence the return being nearly 40euro,which i guess aint bad 20 quid each way but 40 euro in one go kills me ha. hopefully by next thursday this will be resolved and i can head home :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

51 quid for a train ticket is a disgrace. No wonder CIE makes losses every year. Eejits

• Advertisement
Advertisement