Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funds taken from my account and not returned

Options
  • 13-05-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

A payment I made 25/4 was taken out of my bank account 3 times. Since then, one overpayment has been returned but Eircom have not returned the 2nd. overpayment - instead they have credited the account - you have no right to do this and the agent I spoke to this morning was less than helpful in resolving the issue. I am awaiting a call from a Supervisor. Despite numerous calls and promises of callbacks, nothing has been done on this. Can you explain why you take money you are not entitled to take from a customer's bank account and then do not refund it but assign the money as you see fit even though you have no entitlement whatsoever to do this with a customer's money?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Fleurry wrote: »
    A payment I made 25/4 was taken out of my bank account 3 times. Since then, one overpayment has been returned but Eircom have not returned the 2nd. overpayment - instead they have credited the account - you have no right to do this and the agent I spoke to this morning was less than helpful in resolving the issue. I am awaiting a call from a Supervisor. Despite numerous calls and promises of callbacks, nothing has been done on this. Can you explain why you take money you are not entitled to take from a customer's bank account and then do not refund it but assign the money as you see fit even though you have no entitlement whatsoever to do this with a customer's money?

Hi Fleurry

Can you private message me with the name on the account and eircom account number and I will look into it with credit management.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fleurry

Hi Fleurry

Can you private message me with the name on the account and eircom account number and I will look into it with credit management.

Thanks, Mark
    Do you have any update on this?

Do you have any update on this?

Hi Fleurry

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I Pm you back there.

Mark

Here's the unbelievably patronising reply from Eircom - absolutely dumbfounded at their arrogance and their patronising tone.
    I guess the 4 week delay is to disuade me from taking the cheque. 

Hi Fleurry,

I apologise for the delay in getting back to you. I understand that you made a double payment of €86.26. When you only meant to pay €43.13

Leaving a credit of €43.13 on the account.

I spoke to credit management and they advised that the only way to refund the money is via cheque. The cheque can take 3-4 weeks before you receive it.

The credit is on the account which would deduct from the next bill.

If that is an option for you.

Thanks, Mark

Here's the unbelievably patronising reply from Eircom - absolutely dumbfounded at their arrogance and their patronising tone.
    I guess the 4 week delay is to disuade me from taking the cheque. 

Hi Fleurry,

I apologise for the delay in getting back to you. I understand that you made a double payment of €86.26. When you only meant to pay €43.13

Leaving a credit of €43.13 on the account.

I spoke to credit management and they advised that the only way to refund the money is via cheque. The cheque can take 3-4 weeks before you receive it.

The credit is on the account which would deduct from the next bill.

If that is an option for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Fleurry,

Apologies, I did not mean to use the phrase "you made a double payment". I should have clarified a double payment was taken.

I was no deliberately delaying in getting back to you. I was checking if there was any way I could get the credit on the account applied back to the card.

I am afraid the manager in eircom credit management advised the cheque refund (time-frames) is the only process in place.

If i request the cheque this will remove the credit from the account and due to the time frame involved you would have revived your next bill at that stage.

So I know it is not ideal but I wanted you to be aware of the options.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Fleurry,

Apologies, I did not mean to use the phrase "you made a double payment". I should have clarified a double payment was taken.

I was no deliberately delaying in getting back to you. I was checking if there was any way I could get the credit on the account applied back to the card.

I am afraid the manager in eircom credit management advised the cheque refund (time-frames) is the only process in place.

If i request the cheque this will remove the credit from the account and due to the time frame involved you would have revived your next bill at that stage.

So I know it is not ideal but I wanted you to be aware of the options.

Thanks, Mark
    Please remove the credit from the account and send the cheque refund.

Please remove the credit from the account and send the cheque refund.
    Hi Fleurry

I can confirm the cheque has been requested and you should receive it in 10 days.

Again I apologise for the issues you had just trying to make a simple payment.

Mark

Advertisement