Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bus Eireann Strike - Monthly Ticket REFUND

• 13-05-2013 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

You can get your money back if you paid by credit card only :( - credit card dispute (not supplied service).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can get your money back if you paid by credit card only :( - credit card dispute (not supplied service).

While I suspect they may not have a formal refund method, I imagine they are willing to offer a refund when things settle down. Retain your weekly/month/annual ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Patrick_78_

Victor wrote: »
    While I suspect they may not have a formal refund method, I imagine they are willing to offer a refund when things settle down. Retain your weekly/month/annual ticket.

They do not offer any kind of refund, I've discussed that with them. The only way is to apply to your credit card company to get your money back. I'm in a more difficult situation at work than the protesters but they don't care. Their strike is affecting me directly and my budget. My personal feeling is that this action is not well thought out and affecting the wrong people :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I've put in a query with their public relations office.

If there is no progress, I will raise it with the national Transport Authority.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

When they had a few days strike back in 2005, I got a refund for the weekly ticket that I could not use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

They do not offer any kind of refund, I've discussed that with them. The only way is to apply to your credit card company to get your money back. I'm in a more difficult situation at work than the protesters but they don't care. Their strike is affecting me directly and my budget. My personal feeling is that this action is not well thought out and affecting the wrong people :(

3 years ago, I had a 10 journey 7 day bus ticket for Limerick to Dublin return and only made 2 journeys on it. I never got to use the rest of it as I was in an accident and ended up in hospital (not a bus accident mind you). They refunded me the difference when I showed them a letter from the hospital.

I now have the same ticket I bought today foolishly. But can't use it Friday over the strike. I am confident the bus driver will let me use it next Tuesday though even though it's past the 7 days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement