Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rooney and Moutinho

Options
  • 13-05-2013 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

I reckon £25m each, or £50m between them...
    Moutinho probably cheaper.
    Those 2 and maybe a Baines or a Contreo..
    If others leave, ie... Dempsey,Huddles, then i'd have to rethink...but i do think we need to add at least 3 to the existing numbers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

37781924.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

If others leave, ie... Dempsey,Huddles, then i'd have to rethink...but i do think we need to add at least 3 to the existing numbers.

if we signed these two then we would win the title!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Rooney is not beyond the bounds of possibility if we get CL though i would think he will go for the megabucks clubs Man City/Chelsea/PSG. RM and Barca wont want or need him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

slegs wrote: »
    Rooney is not beyond the bounds of possibility if we get CL though i would think he will go for the megabucks clubs Man City/Chelsea/PSG. RM and Barca wont want or need him.

Wages will be the biggest issue for anyone wanting to sign rooney. Currently on 200 odd K per week at OT allegedly. Even if he took a drop could/would spurs pay 150K a week?
    What's yer highest wage at present.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Signing rooney would be daft, ye need an out an out striker, not a second striker who is beginning to look as if he's burning out. His wages would cripple ye also. Not a hope in hell should ye touch Rooney. Coutinho would be an excellent buy but Baines is off to Utd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Signing rooney would be daft, ye need an out an out striker, not a second striker who is beginning to look as if he's burning out. His wages would cripple ye also. Not a hope in hell should ye touch Rooney. Coutinho would be an excellent buy but Baines is off to Utd

Because he couldnt get a game in a piss poor Inter Milan team, and plays well in 6-0 hammerings..... yeah, an excellent buy.
    And Baines is off to Utd ?
    Jaysus, Jimmy Magee hasnt a patch on you.
    Any other info?

On the Rooney thing.

Surely Rooney and his agent realize that there are very few teams who will be willing or can afford to match his 200K wages?

I can think of 2 other EPL teams, a couple of spainish, PSG and maybe Bayern. after that your looking at maybe a couple of silly Russian clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

On the Rooney thing.

Surely Rooney and his agent realize that there are very few teams who will be willing or can afford to match his 200K wages?

I can think of 2 other EPL teams, a couple of spainish, PSG and maybe Bayern. after that your looking at maybe a couple of silly Russian clubs.
    Whats the problem with that? Thats enough of them for him not to be forced into a paycut assuming some want him.

kippy wrote: »
    Whats the problem with that? Thats enough of them for him not to be forced into a paycut assuming some want him.

Nothing I suppose, my point was that money.might not be everything and he might consider a paycut for the right team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Because he couldnt get a game in a piss poor Inter Milan team, and plays well in 6-0 hammerings..... yeah, an excellent buy.
    Any other info?

Had to say I was laughing my ass off at your post there, I meant moutinho, my mistake. And yes I'd be confident that Baines is off to Utd.

Keep going with the Rooney nonsense, YEP, im sure he's going to end up at Spurs next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Schnitzel Muncher

Why would Rooney sigh for Spurs?

He wouldnt. But we can dream.

• Site Banned Posts: 52 ✭✭Frank Gallagher pissed

Cant wait til Sunday when you deluded Spurs ***** get put back into your box, like the small time club you truely are.

From another Gooner laughing at your deluded fantasys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Cant wait til Sunday when you deluded Spurs ***** get put back into your box, like the small time club you truely are.

From another Gooner laughing at your deluded fantasys.

Calm down there buddy will ya. I just want to say that this silly Rooney talk should be stopped, he is not going to be playing at Spurs so stop even dreaming it in fairness.

btw it is fantasies and not 'fantasys'. I think you should maybe concentrate more on your English homework tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Whens the last time utd sold a big player to a rival premiership club?
    answer=never
    if he gets sold it will be to an overseas team like PSG.
    anyway theres no way either spurs would pay the transfer fee or his wage demands.
    not an option for us im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Do we not have a thread already for summer transfer gossip as someone already said?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

double post.

What's with all this Rooney rubbish? I don't want him near the club unless he was earning 100k a week or less and cost us less than £20m. Not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Forget about Rooney, pipe dream. Never going to happen.
    Any other info?
    Coutinho is 20 and has had some very good performances this season. I remember he tore us apart in the CL a few years ago... when he was 17. I'd love if we signed him. Not many 20 year olds in the world better than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Who the hell are all these people :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

As for Rooney, I'd take him anyday but not for that Kind of wages. If for some reason he'd take £100k a week and even more unlikely would sign for us I think we'd be mad not too. Like thats been said it's a pipe dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Schnitzel Muncher

ziedth wrote: »
    Who the hell are all these people :pac:

More to the point, who the hell are you?

More to the point, who the hell are you?

Ziedth is a Spurs supporter and a median between Boards Star Wars fans and Yoda. Plus something to do with Waterford or something...

You?!! There's also an introduce yourself thread for this sort of thing.

Advertisement