Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power city nass

• 13-05-2013 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I bought a tv from power city 5 months ago plugged it in saturday and it blew up. Instead of replacing it giving it was whats considerd by the nca as a massive fault in the tv , it was takin off me i am left without a tv and very unsatisfied with the level of service , power city have failed to recognise the standerds set out by the nca . And thanks to them im without a tv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brannid3

You can either get a repair, replacement or refund for a faulty item. Their policy is obviously to offer the repair first, which many would see as a reasonable route, others not so much. From your post I would say you allowed them to take your tv for repair, if it is a major fault you will get another tv or a refund. Be patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 You4real

brannid3 wrote: »
    You can either get a repair, replacement or refund for a faulty item. Their policy is obviously to offer the repair first, which many would see as a reasonable route, others not so much. From your post I would say you allowed them to take your tv for repair, if it is a major fault you will get another tv or a refund. Be patient.

I found that contacting nordmende directly got the problem sorted quicker thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

brannid3 wrote: »

it doesn't matter what their policy is, the consumer chooses which option they want, not the vendor, particularly in the case of a major fault.

Reject & rescind
    When you buy goods, you enter into a contract with the seller. If those goods turn out to be faulty and the fault is major, you are entitled to reject the goods and rescind (end) the contract. If you simply reject the goods, for example, a broken bill-pay phone, you may still be tied into a contract unless you demand to cancel it without any penalty fees.

This option is complex and can depend on a number of factors. For example, the severity of the fault, the length of time since you bought the goods, and the inconvenience caused to you as a result of the fault. If a fault occurs within the first 6 months of purchase, it is assumed that is was there at the time of sale. It is important to remember that if you caused the fault, the trader is under no obligation to offer you any type of compensation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

The main reason companies choose repair first is to actually investigate the cause of the problem. They have no idea if you do or do not have a 3 year old child called mindy who poured her evening milk down the back of the tv... (example is hypothetical obviously!)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brannid3

tbh wrote: »
    it doesn't matter what their policy is, the consumer chooses which option they want, not the vendor, particularly in the case of a major fault.

Reject & rescind
    When you buy goods, you enter into a contract with the seller. If those goods turn out to be faulty and the fault is major, you are entitled to reject the goods and rescind (end) the contract. If you simply reject the goods, for example, a broken bill-pay phone, you may still be tied into a contract unless you demand to cancel it without any penalty fees.

This option is complex and can depend on a number of factors. For example, the severity of the fault, the length of time since you bought the goods, and the inconvenience caused to you as a result of the fault. If a fault occurs within the first 6 months of purchase, it is assumed that is was there at the time of sale. It is important to remember that if you caused the fault, the trader is under no obligation to offer you any type of compensation.

I'm perfectly aware the consumer does not have to accept the repair (that's why I said that the OP allowed them, I did not say that the company were entitled to do so) but if it made small claims, the consumer would look unreasonable if they did not try and mitigate the problem by accepting one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement