Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmit Withdrawal

Options
  • 13-05-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I got a withdrawal letter from my course at Gmit due to attendence. I would like to go on to do 2nd year .I just did my summer exams. Any advice on what I should do . Thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

They kicked you out for not going to enough lectures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

How often were you in college during the year? Was there any reason you were absent so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bohemian rhapsody

Fairly good attendance until Christmas, Good until Easter but not great after that. If you pass summer exams can you go on to Yr 2 or do you have to repeat class assessment modules you fail next year. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

Depends - rules very between departments and colleges some say you need to get x% to pass usually 40. Others say over x% and must pass all parts of the assessment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Fairly good attendance until Christmas, Good until Easter but not great after that. If you pass summer exams can you go on to Yr 2 or do you have to repeat class assessment modules you fail next year. Thanks
    By fairly good attendance what do you mean? How many lectures a week?

• Advertisement
Advertisement