Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing account

Options
  • 13-05-2013 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,
    I moved out of an apartment 2 months ago but the landlord only changed the account from my name recently. The most recent bill was estimated and paid by direct debit so now I have my final bill I am in credit to the tune of e111. Will this be put back into my bank account or do I need to apply for a cheque for it? Where I'm living now already has an electricity account with a different provider.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi curl30,

The credit on the account doesn't automatically get refunded - you would need to request a refund either by cheque or EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer). If you send us on your account details by private message (click here/link in signature) we can take care of this for you.

We have general information for landlords and tenants here on our website detailing the account changeover process and other useful information. Just for future reference, if an account is in your name, always take responsibility for closing it - otherwise, if a landlord or letting agent forget to close an account on your behalf, you would still be liable for the bills even though you may no longer be living at the property in question.

If there's anything else we can do don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 17 curl30

Hi curl30,

The credit on the account doesn't automatically get refunded - you would need to request a refund either by cheque or EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer). If you send us on your account details by private message (click here/link in signature) we can take care of this for you.

We have general information for landlords and tenants here on our website detailing the account changeover process and other useful information. Just for future reference, if an account is in your name, always take responsibility for closing it - otherwise, if a landlord or letting agent forget to close an account on your behalf, you would still be liable for the bills even though you may no longer be living at the property in question.

If there's anything else we can do don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David
    Great, message sent. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paddies

Hi have also closed my account with credit balance 
    how can i get this refunded please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Paddies,

If you private message us your Electric Ireland account number and your name and address in full as they appeared on your account, as well as your telephone number (for verification purposes) we will be able to assist you then.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement