Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taming the marathon beast...

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Ah FFS so sorry to hear of your woes RC!

Hope you are not out for too long. I really feel for you as things were starting to look good for you before this flared up. Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Fieldsman

So sorry to here about that hip injury (I cant believe I've been injury free all my life) Hope the advice your getting here and the people you attend gets you sorted out soon. I ran the National Half/ Rock N' Roll last Sunday morning. I must say it was a well organised race. Although I was a couple of minutes slower than Cork (2 07/2 08) I think, but it got me third in the age-category. Runchick be patient and go with the best advice that's out there and hopefully we'll be getting your race reports in the near future. For me, Dublin ????? Maybe one more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Fieldsman wrote: »
    I cant believe I've been injury free all my life

That's fantastic Fieldsman. Do you put it down to anything in particular or just good luck ? Well done on your age-group prize at the R&R, it's a tough course by the sounds of things - too early in the morning for me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Really sorry to hear about the hip, A, just when you were making so much progress! Hope you find the right solution for it. All the best for the recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Hope you can find a non-surgical solution A. Surgeons only make a living by performing surgery and will naturally advise a course of action with which they can help. Before I'd ask for a surgical opinion I'd want to be sure I'd exhausted all alternatives.

Thanks C yes this has been my thinking too, have revised the plan with physio and working on rehab programme with one simple goal - to get back running. Worst case it won't work and we can look at surgery again then, but my as well try.
    RedRunner wrote: »
    Ah FFS so sorry to hear of your woes RC!

Hope you are not out for too long. I really feel for you as things were starting to look good for you before this flared up. Take care.

Thanks R, sure its all part of the fun! Actually enjoying the cycling for now so its not too bad, learning to be patient which is not easy! I see you're easing back in to it - best of luck :)
    Fieldsman wrote: »
    So sorry to here about that hip injury (I cant believe I've been injury free all my life) Hope the advice your getting here and the people you attend gets you sorted out soon. I ran the National Half/ Rock N' Roll last Sunday morning. I must say it was a well organised race. Although I was a couple of minutes slower than Cork (2 07/2 08) I think, but it got me third in the age-category. Runchick be patient and go with the best advice that's out there and hopefully we'll be getting your race reports in the near future. For me, Dublin ????? Maybe one more

Thanks Fieldsman, injury free all your life! Please share your secrets, or is it just good runnning genes! Well done on the half - you're an absolute legend and your posts help me put things in perspective. I'm in this running business for the long haul and have some lofty goals which I haven't even started to get near yet so yes hopefully get sorted and back on the road. Sounds like another DCM is on the cards for you alright, go for it I say :D
    annapr wrote: »
    Really sorry to hear about the hip, A, just when you were making so much progress! Hope you find the right solution for it. All the best for the recovery.

Thanks Anna yes one step forward and 2 back at the minute but eventually I'll get there! Glad to see you're getting the miles in, even on hols!

• Advertisement

Hi Runchick, just popping in to see how you're doing ? Has their been any progress with the hip ? You still flying around on the MTB :D?

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Hi Runchick, just popping in to see how you're doing ? Has their been any progress with the hip ? You still flying around on the MTB :D?

Hey BG thanks for checking in on me, very sweet! Slowly building things up, injury still there but learning to manage it - loads of core/squats, etc. and hardly any running. 2 or 3 short runs a week but yes lots and lots of MTB - racing included - gulp! Hopefully pick the miles back up in the new year and get back on track. Had considered closing this log but can't shake the marathon bug so will return when injury allows. Best of luck to all here, will be checking in around DCM time :)

Runchick wrote: »
    Hey BG thanks for checking in on me, very sweet! Slowly building things up, injury still there but learning to manage it - loads of core/squats, etc. and hardly any running. 2 or 3 short runs a week but yes lots and lots of MTB - racing included - gulp! Hopefully pick the miles back up in the new year and get back on track. Had considered closing this log but can't shake the marathon bug so will return when injury allows. Best of luck to all here, will be checking in around DCM time :)

MTB racing! How exciting :D. Glad to hear the injury is manageable and you're getting some runs in too.

I don't think the marathon bug is one I'm ever likely to catch :o

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    MTB racing! How exciting :D. Glad to hear the injury is manageable and you're getting some runs in too.

I don't think the marathon bug is one I'm ever likely to catch :o

Ah I dunno, hang around here long enough and it'll catch you, its infectious ya'know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

lots and lots of MTB - racing included - gulp!

Very cool :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

calm down, she hasn't mentioned swimming yet :D

annapr wrote: »
    calm down, she hasn't mentioned swimming yet :D

Haha - nothing to mention there Anna - yet!

Hey CM hoping to get a blast round ballyhoura some day, I'll let you know when I get organised and see if you can come out to play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Haha - nothing to mention there Anna - yet!

Hey CM hoping to get a blast round ballyhoura some day, I'll let you know when I get organised and see if you can come out to play :D

Yay :D:D:D:D

Where is Runchick ? How are you getting on these days?

Haha great to hear from you RR, I see you're going well at the mo, brilliant! I've been pursuing other interests for the last while - competing at other sports but still running 2 or 3 times a week. Let's just say if I logged my training here I'd be kicked over to the dark side! Not gonna close the log as hoping to build running up again soon, watch this space :)

Haha great to hear from you RR, I see you're going well at the mo, brilliant! I've been pursuing other interests for the last while - competing at other sports but still running 2 or 3 times a week. Let's just say if I logged my training here I'd be kicked over to the dark side! Not gonna close the log as hoping to build running up again soon, watch this space :)

That's great to hear RC! Will be watching this space with interest.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Me too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

You're welcome on the dark side any time A. There's nothing wrong with liking Lycra and neoprene ;). Hope all is well with you and the gang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Never! log it and stay! :)

Advertisement