Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenancy Deposit Dispute

Options
  • 13-05-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

Anyone on here any experience dealing with the return of a tenancy agreement deposit?

Have recently moved out of a house I was renting for 8 months and the landlord is making all the excuses of the day to hold on to my initial deposit. Rent was always paid, notice given and I even made additions to the garden that were necessary in order to prevent my dog from getting out.

Also, our contract was up 2 months ago and was never renewed. Anyone have any experience or advice on what to do next?

Plan on going in to the estate agents we were dealing with and hopefully being able to lodge an official complaint/dispute as they have been excellent to deal with even though they say they do not get involved in deposit disputes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

how about some information.

Did you have a lease ?
    If so for how long ?
    Did it have a break clause ?
    how much notice did you give ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

We had a lease for 6 months but moved out after 8 months.
    Yes, it had a standard break clause of any section of the lease agreement being broke then no deposit would be refunded.
    Handed the keys into the estate agent after a month's notice which was in the lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Also this is in Northern Ireland so regulations will likely be different

Advertisement