Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East coast oz!

Options
  • 13-05-2013 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi
    Myself and two friends are spending some time in Australia in December/jan and are looking for some suggestions on what we definitely should do while there! We are in Sydney until 2nd January and have no plans until we fly out of cairns on 25th jan so we have limited time! What's the best way to travel? Must see things??
    Appreciate all your help x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Shy Ted

I did the East coast 6 years ago. Arrived in Sydney, flew to Cairns and then drove down the coast.
    It goes without saying to visit the great barrier reef when in Cairns. If you plan to dive and haven't before, maybe leave it a couple days after flying. If you have a head cold you won't be able to dive but the snorkelling is still great. There's also AJ Hackett's bungee jumping, white water rafting & a number of tandem skydiving companies in Cairns.
    Cape Tribulation is just north of Cairns and its also a nice spot where you can do rainforest tours etc..

Stop by Hervey Bay and visit Fraser Island, its a must. We went there with Dingo Tours. The guide we had was called "Ranger Bob" & he was brilliant. He was also the fire chief on the island so he took us on all the unknown roads and he had loads of great stories.
    We also went on a boat trip to see the humpback whales on Hervey bay which was unbelievable.
    Depending on the time of year, the young whales can be very curious and come right up to the side of the boats.

If you like the whole diving thing or want to do something different, ocean world manly in Sydney have grey nurse sharks that you can enter the aquarium with. Its definitely a great experience.

Anyways, apart from hanging around Bondi. That's pretty much the jist of my time there.

Hope you have a great trip.

Advertisement